Colorado Rockies @ Arizona Diamondbacks July 20 - July 22, 2018

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I was ready to write Greinke off earlier this year. The guy barely breaks 90 but his control, prep and arsenal of garbage are amazing. When he’s on he’s in the head of every player that comes to the plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I think we all did and he's has become a straight up ace this year.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Diamondbacks' Andrew Chafin: Lowers ERA to 1.51
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Chafin retired two of the three batters he faced in Sunday's 6-1 win over the Rockies.

Chafin allowed a leadoff single to Charlie Blackmon in the top of the ninth inning, then induced a double-play ball before giving way to Silvino Bracho, who got Nolan Arenado to ground out to end the game. Manager Torey Lovullo typically limits Chafin's usage to lefty-on-lefty matchups, which has helped the 28-year-old attain a bullpen-best 1.51 ERA this season.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Diamondbacks' Jeff Mathis: Drives in two
by RotoWire Staff | RotoWire
Mathis went 1-for-4 with two RBI in the Diamondbacks' 6-1 win over the Rockies on Sunday.

Since signing with Arizona, Mathis has offered his most value as the personal catcher for Zack Greinke, and the battery combined for one of its best showings in its two seasons together. Greinke's brilliant performance alone -- he struck out a season-high 13 and allowed two hits over eight innings -- would have been enough to justify Mathis' spot in the lineup, but the light-hitting backstop added to the cause with a two-run single in the sixth inning to put the game out of reach. Mathis' aptitude as a game caller and pitch framer should continue to afford him at least a start or two per week, even though he's batting just .198 on the season.
:eek:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Greinke seems to be the bainaid for slumps. Glad he kicked butt