Colorado Rockies @ Arizona Diamondbacks Sep 21 - Sep 23, 2018

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I understand the starters who were benched the other night were whiny about it (somewhat understandable) but why not give the youngsters some more action against MLB quality pitching?

Meh, TL hasn't figured out there is basically no math that gets them in the playoffs.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
So far a no hitter for the Rockies in the 6th. Amazing.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I understand the starters who were benched the other night were whiny about it (somewhat understandable) but why not give the youngsters some more action against MLB quality pitching?

Meh, TL hasn't figured out there is basically no math that gets them in the playoffs.
Do you think he'll give them another chance -- to play a few games in a row this final week? Based on their one opportunity, it's not like taking a step back.

I love rooting for the Diamondbacks, but if the benched starters were "whiny", did anyone on the coaching staff or Front Office say to them, "Show us you can score runs after the first inning and it wouldn't be an issue."

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you think he'll give them another chance -- to play a few games in a row this final week? Based on their one opportunity, it's not like taking a step back.

I love rooting for the Diamondbacks, but if the benched starters were "whiny", did anyone on the coaching staff or Front Office say to them, "Show us you can score runs after the first inning and it wouldn't be an issue."

I think he will but not in the numbers he did in that one game. It was TL who made a point of mentioning the benched starters were not happy about it. I don't believethe starters have earned keeping their spot on the field for the rest of the season

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What a disgusting month of baseball. They should be ashamed. Batting was putrid. So ready for the suns

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
To paraphrase Tommy Lasroda, these guys couldn't hit water if they fel out of a f****** boat.

Will the last person out of the stium please rewind this same old cassette tape, and turn out the lights.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I see that Souza is leading off today. I wish they had stuck with it when he first suggested it to the manager and it worked well for the few games until it was abandoned.

Especially with Jon Jay being the leadoff hitter when he alternates in RF, it gives stability to the batting order.

We'll see how it works today. It should be an improvement over Pollock trying to 'set the table' in the midst of his ongoing slump.

Man, I wish there were good things to say about our D-backs at this time. I really do!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Godley with 28 pitches in the top of the 1st, including a wild pitch on a strikeout to load the bases, but leaves 'em loaded. 28 pitches!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Cardinals beat the Giants to eliminate the Diamondbacks from the Wild Card race.

The Dodgers are leading their game 10-0. If they win, the D-backs will be eliminated in the Division.

But the D-backs are being shutout, saying, "Hey, we can eliminate ourselves, thank you." :rolleyes:

Popups all game long! And we're down to only two games over .500.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The Dodgers win 14-0 and the D-backs are eliminated totally from the post-season, as the the D-backs are shut out moments later in a 3-game sweep.

If we can win three out of the remaining seven games of the season, we'll finish one game over .500. Two out of seven and we'll finish one game below .500, if the figures I checked just after the game are up to date.

Are they going to play the subs and risk falling under .500? Ironically if they play the subs, according to recent performance, they'll have a better chance of finishing above. That says something about planning next season's roster.

Last edited:

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I think we have 6 games left. I would give anything to win the next 3 against the Dodgers, especially since they are meaningless for us.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I think we have 6 games left. I would give anything to win the next 3 against the Dodgers, especially since they are meaningless for us.
You're right. We have two 3-game series remaining, with Thursday an off-day.

So if the D-backs split the six games, we'll finish two games over .500. Win two out of six and it's .500. Win one out of six and its two games under .500.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson