Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies July 10 - July 12 2018

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am really questioning whether TL is a good manager, or just has crappy coaches under him. Fundamentals are lacking in this team.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
The National League's excuse for not adapting the Designated Hitter rule has always been that it would take away from the NL's use of strategy. And I supported not changing.

The reason I now believe that we should adapt the DH is because . . . there is no strategy in the National League. "OK, everybody lift it into the wind, even with two outs."

We are playing American League baseball without the benefits. All young players develop that way before going pro and in the Minors. It makes no sense for the NL to not get with the program.

Consider today's game at Coors. It is not a 19 or 20 point game. We've scored only one run through the first 7.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I am really questioning whether TL is a good manager, or just has crappy coaches under him. Fundamentals are lacking in this team.

Coaches. If we were even a middle-of-the-road hitting team, we'd be miles ahead of the division. Magadan has no business as a coach in any capacity. I've never see a team have so many Mendoza players in my life.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

When your team is dead last in most important offensive stats, and your starters can't get past the 5th inning - ever, it's not about fundamentals... Sooner or later, reality strikes. A baseball season is long and historical realities typically surface at some point. Like, you simply can't be the WORST team, offensively, and expect to win more than lose. Like, you simply can't have a starting rotation that can't pitch into the 6th inning, and expect to win more than lose.

This team is competitive...most of the time, due to the combination of moves made by Hazen, stewardship of TL, and enough "good enough" players to keep them hanging around... up to a point. Reality seems to be knocking on their doorstep now. And unless the offense takes a massive leap forward, or, our rotation suddenly finds a way to get into the 6th and 7th innings, I just don't see this team making the post season...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BTW, Bracho is back and immediately gets tagged and we lose the lead.

For the amount of times he's been brought up and failed this season, is there no other choice?

He is a Minor League pitcher at best.

Update -- it is now 5-1 Rockies in the bottom of the 7th.

Now I won't feel bad switching to the Suns Summer League game at 3:30.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Return of the Feeblebacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Bert just announced that Greinke has been added to the NL All Star team.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Rockies win 5-1 at 3:27 and now it's time for the Suns Summer League game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave