Arizona Diamondbacks @ Colorado Rockies July 10 - July 12 2018

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Probably not even the worst with the Braves. Granted Miller is awful but he was a legit #2-3 before he came here. The Diamondbacks overpaid for Miller but the Touki Toussaint trade was a straight cash dump of Bronson Arroyo’s contract. Toussaint has been dominating the minors this year and may get called up in September. 21 years old with no injury history.
He was not legit. He had one good year that had red flags all over it. All the baseball talking heads were laughing at the Dbacks when they made the trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was not legit. He had one good year that had red flags all over it. All the baseball talking heads were laughing at the Dbacks when they made the trade.

Yup. Fleeced again by the Braves

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
We gave up Inciarte and Swanson for Miller.

But the Touissant trade could be worse. Can't judge that until he actually pitches in the MLB.

The Stewart Years were awful
No, the TT trade was ugly but the Dbacks management got exactly what they wanted. They saved a crap load of money. We got garbage for Inciarte and Swanson.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lovullo is going to keep Miller as a starter so his feelings don't get hurt.
Management by smiley acquiescence.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He was legit and I hated the trade. In the 4 years prior to the trade he’d started 96 games, pitched nearly 600 innings and had a 3.22 ERA (nearly 7 WAR). I mean that’s a great #3 starter on most teams. I think both the Braves and Cards new he was a bit lucky and it he would eventually fall back but the ppl who hated that trade didn’t think he’d allow nearly 100 runs with the D’Backs in 138 innings.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
They just announced that Miller has some right elbow tightness, but nothing serious.

I hope they treat it as serious and don't rush him back.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Lovullo is going to keep Miller as a starter so his feelings don't get hurt.
Management by smiley acquiescence.
The most important part of the Dbacks success last year was Miller blowing out his elbow.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BTW, it's now 12-1 Rockies following two home runs and still in the bottom of the 3rd.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Rockies with 5 in the first, 4 in the second and 3 in the third... They should be done scoring by the 6th inning! Thank God!! ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
And the offense is nonexistent again.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bert commented on that. He inferred it was in Miller's best interest psychologically rather than physically to get him out of there. It makes sense.
What psyche can that dude possibly have left in regards to pitching??? He’s done.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Maybe... if that's the case, I see that as being just as bad as being physically injured. If Miller isn't mentally tough enough to get his ass back out there and try it again, or, if Torey doesn't think he's mentally tough enough... he's toast!
“If . . . ???”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep... :mad:

I'd be shocked if we see Miller again anytime soon...
They just can’t trot him out there again this season. Literally everyone will just give up. How could they not? And I wouldn’t blame them. To be honest, if I’d have remembered he was pitching tonight I wouldn’t have bothered checking the score.