Colin Kaepernick

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Just heard on the Doug and Wolfe show that he wants out of San Fran. He sad he wants to go to the Jets. I doubt BA would want him do to his style of play but if he was allowed to play like he did in the past would you like him as our qb after Palmer retired?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. the only way I would take him is if the only other option was Ryan Lindley.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not an Arians' kind of Qb he's not a drop back passer. he can push the ball downfield but he'd throw a ton of INT's in our system.

I'm not surprised he wants out though after playing for Harbaugh who is so demanding he got a year off and now Kelly comes in who may be even more demanding than Harbaugh on QB's.

If I were more interested in posing for posters than learning how to be a better QB I'd want to leave now too.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm not surprised, he can't run Chip's system.

He can't make three reads right at/after the snap. That's what Chip's system is about. In that sense, those three reads are the first option...even if it's three possible plays.

Kaep's head isn't fast enough. The only thing he'll be able to do correctly is run on the read option. He'll get killed.

He's not a one read QB who runs when it's not available. Occasionally he can get to his 2nd or 3rd, but he not consistent at it.

Harbaugh ran safe routes and gave him the freedom to run. His speed overwhelmed defenses who hadn't made the proper adjustments against it.

He's been figured out. He either becomes a QB who can make multiple reads consistently fast, and deliver the ball on time and accurate... or he goes to the bench to be a gimmick. If not that, then he's out of the NFL.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sissyboy is that you??

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Pass, he doesn't fit BA's system.

You fit your system to the QB if you can get a good young player. I don't get the pass on any QB that's not all arm and no mobility. Not this clown but I would dump CP and the system for Wilson.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You fit your system to the QB if you can get a good young player. I don't get the pass on any QB that's not all arm and no mobility. Not this clown but I would dump CP and the system for Wilson.

Wilson could play for BA and BA would take him in a heartbeat. It would take minor adjustments for BA to playcall for Wilson. Wilson has a good deep ball.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Carolina should pick him up as a sensible backup to Cam Newton.

Some crappy team will pay him to start in a total system misfit, however.

TEAMPETE

Rookie
Reaction score
I think everyone somehow forgot how amazing of a quarterback kap was when he made a run at 2 straight NFC championships.

Do you remember how hard it was for whisenhunt to use Warner because he wasn't a perfect fit for our system? Well whiz finally molded his system to fit his players and we made it to the Super Bowl

It is so difficult to find a QB. We have been trying for years and Palmer has 2 years left (max) and that's if he is lucky and doesn't have Delhome syndrome.

I would grab Kap in a heartbeat and mold our offense to fit his skills and also have him improve his game to fit BAs system too. Or we can just sit here and continue down the road of Ryan Lindley, Kevin Kolb, Derek Anderson , blah blah blah

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Thought he was a Dolphins fan? That guy is a tool.

sent from a fone

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think he's smart enough.

Apparently he doesn't either... He got a small whiff of Kelly's playbook, and his head exploded.

As a Nevada fan, and someone rooting for Kap.... I am disappointed and must eat some crow.

Another freakish physical talent, with nothing between the ears.