#claimFlashGordon

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gordon told GQ he had a pregame ritual where he would take bong rips and/or shots of Grand Marnier or whiskey before kick-off.

“I would drink probably like half a glass, or a couple shots to try and warm my system up,” he said. “To get the motor running. That’s what I would do for games.”

Gordon estimated he had something in his system for “probably every game of [his] career,” including those in college. Gordon said he also frequently missed meetings and often showed up late — with bloodshot eyes.

-----------

Yeah I always say the same thing about guys who test positive at the combine. That they smoke pot doesn't bother me, that they can't stop long enough to test clean at the combine knowing they're going to be tested, bothers me.

In this case I truly hope the guy is better than he used to be but hearing someone say he's never played a game at the college or pro level where he wasn't on something before the game concerns the hell out of me.

But BRR is right lots of these guys get shot up with painkillers and other things too.

taking a shot before a game is NBD too. That's not being drunk. IMO

oh yeah and taking injections for a game is okay but pot before a game puts people safety at risk. sure. That just an ignorant take.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
taking a shot before a game is NBD too. That's not being drunk. IMO

oh yeah and taking injections for a game is okay but pot before a game puts people safety at risk. sure. That just an ignorant take.

I agree on the shots I've complained about that here for years. the worst part is guys that are shot up can further injure themselves and not know it because they aren't feeling any pain.

Yeah it makes for some great stories, Kirk Gibson off Eckersley for example in baseball, but for way too long football players have been used up and tossed aside by organizations.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree on the shots I've complained about that here for years. the worst part is guys that are shot up can further injure themselves and not know it because they aren't feeling any pain.

Yeah it makes for some great stories, Kirk Gibson off Eckersley for example in baseball, but for way too long football players have been used up and tossed aside by organizations.
if anything, the shots are wildly dangerous for the player because they can play through anything but they are grown ass men and can make their own decisions on what to do in my eyes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

if anything, the shots are wildly dangerous for the player because they can play through anything but they are grown ass men and can make their own decisions on what to do in my eyes.

Rottweiler

Reaction score
ok

Tell that to the elite athletes who say they got high before football games all the time. I'll take their words over yours.

And being stoned endangering others on a football field. That's comical. What about being high could possibly be reckless to others safety while running on a field?

you can have your opinion but stating it as fact is a bit much.

No big deal , i was not trying to state as fact sorry if it came across that way.

as far as my statement about being high could possible be reckless to someone else.. Well some people when high tend to do things that they might not normally do when not. Basically taking more risk etc.

again no big deal, difference of opinion on the topic.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Again: what is the risk here?

I do not see a risk either, though I would rather dump Isabella, there because he has not gotten any confidence so far from the coaching staff which matters in even a rebuilding year, to make room than dismiss Copper or Byrd because frankly they contribute and I am tired of hearing he is coming along

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I do not see a risk either, though I would rather dump Isabella, there because he has not gotten any confidence so far from the coaching staff which matters in even a rebuilding year, to make room than dismiss Copper or Byrd because frankly they contribute and I am tired of hearing he is coming along
I’m easily dumping Hakeem before Isabella.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If he is healthy and his mind is right, Gordon is the best receiver in the NFL.

Downside is that he is nothing. Costs no draft picks to bring him in.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No big deal , i was not trying to state as fact sorry if it came across that way.

as far as my statement about being high could possible be reckless to someone else.. Well some people when high tend to do things that they might not normally do when not. Basically taking more risk etc.

again no big deal, difference of opinion on the topic.
I'm thinking you've never smoked weed before because taking extra risk is the opposite of what people do on weed. I have millions of examples but you could just listen to "but then I got high" and it pretty much sums things up. Weed makes you passive, not aggressive.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again: what is the risk here?

I think the risk is primarily with Keim and having a rookie QB and a group of young Wr's and bringing in a guy with a past history of abuse. It may work out and that'd be great, if it didn't work out you can always release him, but then Keim is going to be asked again what the hell were you thinking bringing that guy in?

The easy way to go is stay the course and let the young guys get experience. IMO the 3 straight wins somewhat changed that, i don't think we're a playoff team but I think it's apparent there's not enough WR talent so if you can get a Green etc in a reasonable trade you should look at it both for the rest of this year and next year. I think we're far enough in that we know KM is our QB for the forseeable future so now we have to add pieces around him, OL, WR etc. If you go get Gordon and he's good that's a piece but then you have to ask if he's that good then why is a team who really thinks if we just had one more good Wr we'd be unbeatable, the Pats, about to apparently get rid of Gordon? Why did they go out and trade for Sanu if Gordon is so good and already on the team? clearly it suggests to me they think there's more there, a guy who just in December was suspended indefinitely by the NFL(and then reinstated in Sep) is going to be released as soon as he gets off minor IR. They're going with Harry and Sanu that tells me they think they can win the whole thing again this year and they don't want to rely on Josh Gordon.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think the risk is primarily with Keim and having a rookie QB and a group of young Wr's and bringing in a guy with a past history of abuse. It may work out and that'd be great, if it didn't work out you can always release him, but then Keim is going to be asked again what the hell were you thinking bringing that guy in?

The easy way to go is stay the course and let the young guys get experience. IMO the 3 straight wins somewhat changed that, i don't think we're a playoff team but I think it's apparent there's not enough WR talent so if you can get a Green etc in a reasonable trade you should look at it both for the rest of this year and next year. I think we're far enough in that we know KM is our QB for the forseeable future so now we have to add pieces around him, OL, WR etc. If you go get Gordon and he's good that's a piece but then you have to ask if he's that good then why is a team who really thinks if we just had one more good Wr we'd be unbeatable, the Pats, about to apparently get rid of Gordon? Why did they go out and trade for Sanu if Gordon is so good and already on the team? clearly it suggests to me they think there's more there, a guy who just in December was suspended indefinitely by the NFL(and then reinstated in Sep) is going to be released as soon as he gets off minor IR. They're going with Harry and Sanu that tells me they think they can win the whole thing again this year and they don't want to rely on Josh Gordon.

Those are a bunch of words, but that doesn't define a risk. If you're not depending on Gordon to do anything, and if you don't really care that much about winning right now, what is the risk of putting him in your program for a few weeks? Is Gordon somehow going to ruin Kyler Murray or David Johnson? How?

The risk was greater in signing Michael Crabtree.

The Pats don't make perfect personnel moves. IMO, they want to get a guy back in N'Keal Harry who they can put in their system, and they added a guy in Sanu who is under contract in 2020 that they can keep in their program.

The danger is that you start depending on a guy in Gordon who you're never comfortable with being there from one week to the next; you can't plan around Gordon as a major piece. But right now, to make this season potentially more fun for the fans? Zero risk.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking you've never smoked weed before because taking extra risk is the opposite of what people do on weed. I have millions of examples but you could just listen to "but then I got high" and it pretty much sums things up. Weed makes you passive, not aggressive.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

In general yes. But we are seeing some pretty radical behavior with weed nowadays. Especially edibles. Your statement is way to generalized and doesn’t fit today. Even at the airport I’m dealing with people that don’t act like your typical weed heads. The manipulation of weed through science and the stronger stains nowadays and the hallucinations being caused by people not doing edibles properly is the root cause of lots of radical behavior. Including fighters.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those are a bunch of words, but that doesn't define a risk. If you're not depending on Gordon to do anything, and if you don't really care that much about winning right now, what is the risk of putting him in your program for a few weeks? Is Gordon somehow going to ruin Kyler Murray or David Johnson? How?

The risk was greater in signing Michael Crabtree.

The Pats don't make perfect personnel moves. IMO, they want to get a guy back in N'Keal Harry who they can put in their system, and they added a guy in Sanu who is under contract in 2020 that they can keep in their program.

The danger is that you start depending on a guy in Gordon who you're never comfortable with being there from one week to the next; you can't plan around Gordon as a major piece. But right now, to make this season potentially more fun for the fans? Zero risk.

I guess my point is if you can't rely on him why take away snaps from younger guys unless you think Josh Gordon will make them better players? he won't he's not that type of guy his value to a team is on the field. If we were Josh Gordon away from the playoffs yeah it's worth the risk, but we're probably not. To me the risk is bringing a guy in to the program who has issues. Remember the pats put him on IR when he was healthy enough to run 22MPH on a treadmill, he's not really hurt they're just sitting him right now because IMO they want to be sure Harry is healthy when he comes back. if he is, they will release Gordon. They're not doing that because they think he sucks they're doing that because they don't want to rely on him.

They have much more to lose than we do of course but if he's not going to put you over the top why deal with the potential headaches a guy like he brings?

Cleveland the last time thought ok his last chance he'll be clean now and he wasn't. Pats went and got him same thing, now they're goign to release him that implies to me they think something is up. Obviously we're not going to cut a great player to get him in but we're going to cut someone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess my point is if you can't rely on him why take away snaps from younger guys unless you think Josh Gordon will make them better players? he won't he's not that type of guy his value to a team is on the field. If we were Josh Gordon away from the playoffs yeah it's worth the risk, but we're probably not. To me the risk is bringing a guy in to the program who has issues. Remember the pats put him on IR when he was healthy enough to run 22MPH on a treadmill, he's not really hurt they're just sitting him right now because IMO they want to be sure Harry is healthy when he comes back. if he is, they will release Gordon. They're not doing that because they think he sucks they're doing that because they don't want to rely on him.

They have much more to lose than we do of course but if he's not going to put you over the top why deal with the potential headaches a guy like he brings?

Cleveland the last time thought ok his last chance he'll be clean now and he wasn't. Pats went and got him same thing, now they're goign to release him that implies to me they think something is up. Obviously we're not going to cut a great player to get him in but we're going to cut someone.

all of this 100%

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Just read he's going to be released in 1-2 weeks...He'll go through waivers, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Just read he's going to be released in 1-2 weeks...He'll go through waivers, though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SF or Indy will claim him. He would be perfect for SF gives them the weapon they have been missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard