Chopper First Round - Post Week One Free Agency

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I think it is prudent to change "may well be" to "may develop into" as he has played the position for one year and it shows. He was asked to essentially turn and run with guys which is great in college, but he is going to struggle more than most with the physical aspect and will need to catch onto advanced route concepts very quickly.

He has a long way to go, but Cincy doesn't have many huge needs. It is the perfect team to take a gamble on him and see if they can develop his raw tools.

He does not look raw to me at all. That's the point. He wasn't the MAC DPOY for nothing. Went and watched some tape, man, consistently textbook coverage is what I saw---same at the Senior Bowl.

You made him a reach pick---and I was supporting that. Now---you are backpedalling...hmmm.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
good mock

They are hard to do when looking at all the teams

I can't see Gurley (RB) going in the first round with his knee. Marcus Lattimore taught us that RB's can be amazing before the injury and not ever see a single live down after.
If I was a GM I would NEVER draft any player who has knee issues in the first round. After the 1st round I take risks never in the 1st. You must take solid players that will be available on Sundays with your 1st picks.

Agree that I wouldn't take Gurley in the first due to the injury. However, Lattimore's injury was far beyond the typical ACL, so that's a tough comparison.

Taking Gurley in the first is almost like trading this year's first for a first next year - and that assumes his health.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Spending a lot of time on the Giants' board, the feeling is that they grab Cooper as BPA if he's there are 9 as you have him. If they go OT, no one is mentioning Clemmings, who if IIRC has work ethic issues. La'el Collins would be more likely.
Clemmings is considered to have the most potential of the tackles in the draft, but currently has the lowest floor of the top candidates. He is a converted defensive end who has only played a couple years at right tackle. At the minimum he has major technique issues.

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Clemmings is considered to have the most potential of the tackles in the draft, but currently has the lowest floor of the top candidates. He is a converted defensive end who has only played a couple years at right tackle. At the minimum he has major technique issues.

Thanks. If the Giants draft a project at 9, Reese will be run out of town. Especially since they haven't been able to develop an OL draft pick in recent memory

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Really nice job Chopper. I am thinking like K-9 this time, and believe that Shaq Thompson will be taken by Cleveland. I am betting that Eric Kendricks of UCLA will be there for us though and that he and Thompson are a lot alike in their abilities on the inside and outside.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
if the draft played out like that...... think I would have picked...

Jordan Phillips...Oklahoma

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
good mock

They are hard to do when looking at all the teams

I can't see Gurley (RB) going in the first round with his knee. Marcus Lattimore taught us that RB's can be amazing before the injury and not ever see a single live down after.
If I was a GM I would NEVER draft any player who has knee issues in the first round. After the 1st round I take risks never in the 1st. You must take solid players that will be available on Sundays with your 1st picks.

Gurley is likely going in round 1. The knee is not considered major at all and nothing like Lattimore's. Plus, Gurley is a much better prospect than Lattimore when both were healthy. That said, I'd be shocked if the Browns took him.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He does not look raw to me at all. That's the point. He wasn't the MAC DPOY for nothing. Went and watched some tape, man, consistently textbook coverage is what I saw---same at the Senior Bowl.

You made him a reach pick---and I was supporting that. Now---you are backpedalling...hmmm.

No, but I'm saying he is a potential player, and is raw. He isn't the 2nd or 3rd best CB in this draft, but he has the potential to be the best. My disagreement with you is that you called him the best cover CB in this draft, and that is not true. Both Florida St CBs are more polished cover guys than Rollins, but they don't have his potential.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No, but I'm saying he is a potential player, and is raw. He isn't the 2nd or 3rd best CB in this draft, but he has the potential to be the best. My disagreement with you is that you called him the best cover CB in this draft, and that is not true. Both Florida St CBs are more polished cover guys than Rollins, but they don't have his potential.

i like both corners from florida state,especially darby could be a good pick in round 1
but what i have seen from rollins is impressive,for the way we play he is the best cover guy ,obviously is coming from a not competitive conference and in the fist 2 years of college he was a basketball player
he has a natural talent to play the position,i see on him something of darrelle davis

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm with you on Shaq Thompson. Living up here in Washington, I see quite a few UW games, and he was hands down the best defender I watched all year.

I think he's a guy who can get by being a bit smaller, since his football instincts and technique is good. Plus I think he is a better athlete than what he showed at the combine, or at least he looks better in actual games. I could see him being a slightly less athletic but more instinctual DWash.

If Gurley was available I may take him instead. Gurley is a similar player to Adrian Peterson, and violent running styles do well in the NFL.

I know we don't need a wideout, but if you don't think Floyd is ever going to be a #1, I would also consider taking Jaelen Strong, who I think is going to be a pretty good NFL WR.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson