Chiefs at Cardinals gameday thread 9-11-22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait Kyler is getting top end QB money and he's not calling the protections?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler was bad example

This was his 1st read throw to Green that was under thrown and hit the defender in the back

Oooof these are all bad …. Our 46 million dollar guy should be able to spot the wide open wide receiver and get it to them.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
No man. 1 guy as in Harlow. He's trying to say Kyler was under constant pressure because Harlow didn't play well.

Kyler sucked, lots of times he had a bunch of time and sucked. Kliff sucked too. I thought his play calling was garbage ultra conservative vanilla trash.
Ah, gotcha :thumbup:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I think we talked about this a lot in the offseason. KM will bear the brunt of the pressure to make up for a lousy defense. He's not always going to get multiple series to settle in and get a rhythm. Especially as a top-3 paid QB, his job will be to force the offense into that rhythm and to lift the offense around him. That way, we get those long scoring drives, and our offense gets to keep their offense off the field. That's how we win this season, and that's how KM shows he has progressed. In the first game of the season, he very much failed at that and didn't prove he was worth the big contract. He needs to turn that around moving forward, and quickly, otherwise this season will get really ugly, really quickly.
I do not have expectations based on his contract because the NFL is wacked at the position if you want to keep a QB. The top expectations for the paycheck seem not count anymore for QBs as a whole because any QB that has good (does not have to be elite) starter ability will keep breaking the bank since QBs are so hard to find and that is the going rate, more than the next guy

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we talked about this a lot in the offseason. KM will bear the brunt of the pressure to make up for a lousy defense. He's not always going to get multiple series to settle in and get a rhythm. Especially as a top-3 paid QB, his job will be to force the offense into that rhythm and to lift the offense around him. That way, we get those long scoring drives, and our offense gets to keep their offense off the field. That's how we win this season, and that's how KM shows he has progressed. In the first game of the season, he very much failed at that and didn't prove he was worth the big contract. He needs to turn that around moving forward, and quickly, otherwise this season will get really ugly, really quickly.
Agree. And how does no huddle help this team? I would tell a Kyler to use every second of the play clock
I'm pretty sure that's the system he's supposed to be in now. I think that Kyler and his family have very specific ideas about how he wants to play, which limits the flexibility that Kliff and rest of the offensive staff have.

Putting players in motion is a cheat code in the NFL. Having players move to different positions is a cheat code in the NFL. None of these guys are stupid. There's a reason that the coaches aren't doing it with Kyler when they were with McCoy.
i hear ya. But we can’t continue this college offense hoping Murray will magically escape the pressure time after time after time.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here’s the bottom line. I think Kyler would be much better playing in a system designed but not dependent on his athletic ability. Kliff is failing him. McVae, Shanahan and Caroll would have Kyler playing much better.
This completely - and also why I feel Kyler and AZ will fail until Kliffy let’s go of play calling. Which he won’t, then what value would he say he has?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Its PFF. You really think Lawrence and Gardeck had nearly ALL PRO games, which is what a 90 is on PFFs scale?
Of course not I don’t really put any value in PFF. That said I just rewatched the last half of the game. I saw Collins get pancaked by Humphrey and then completely ragdolled by someone else. Otherwise he was nowhere to be found as they pounded the ball downfield with Pacheco for their final TD. Collins did not have a solid game.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course not I don’t really put any value in PFF. That said I just rewatched the last half of the game. I saw Collins get pancaked by Humphrey and then completely ragdolled by someone else. Otherwise he was nowhere to be found as they pounded the ball downfield with Pacheco for their final TD. Collins did not have a solid game.
That's what I remember from the game as well. He played really bad.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose