Cards sign Kyzir White

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
If that happens, then I would concede another slow year because of the amount of hit to our cap getting rid of Kyler would generate. Problem being, if Monti was already planning for Kyler failing and getting rid of him, why not do it before 2024?
I don't assume that to be the case, it's just another reason for the "slow rebuild" as you put it. I hope that the plan is Kyler to be the QB moving forward. That helps us the most. Imo

Getting rid of him this year before even putting him on the field would be stupid. Not to mention the dead money hit lowers each year.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
100% agree. Can't stand Meyer.

My point was about how long it takes to rebuild a roster to be competitive.

Looks like 3 years vs 2.

Unless Kyler is a new man.

After Jags were atrocious in 2020, they cleaned hoise and got the #1 pick in the Urban Year, right? That year was another complete and utter disaster and then, unless I’m mistaken, Peterson came in Year 2 and that same season they went from the worst team in the league to winning their division and a playoff game against SD. So, it really only took them 2 years to be competitive.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After Jags were atrocious in 2020, they cleaned hoise and got the #1 pick in the Urban Year, right? That year was another complete and utter disaster and then, unless I’m mistaken, Peterson came in Year 2 and that same season they went from the worst team in the league to winning their division and a playoff game against SD. So, it really only took them 2 years to be competitive.
The Jaguars won their division in 2017 and then finished last (and were horrible) in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 before managing a 9-8 record last season... not sure exactly when the rebuild officially started but it's been a lot more than 2 years in the making!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Jaguars won their division in 2017 and then finished last (and were horrible) in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021 before managing a 9-8 record last season... not sure exactly when the rebuild officially started but it's been a lot more than 2 years in the making!

When a new regime takes over, that’s a hard demarcation line to start judging how long it takes them to become competitive, IMO.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When a new regime takes over, that’s a hard demarcation line to start judging how long it takes them to become competitive, IMO.
Fair - but they had multiple years of high draft picks - the #1 overall in 2022 and 2021 along with another 1st rounder each year, a top 10 pick and another 1st rounder in 2020, and a top 10 pick in 2019.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
God bless Buddy Ryan, remember Eagles west! You know say what you want about the Ryan’s, but you don’t have to ask how they’re feeling. buddy lost me conceding the field, as Larry centers was still fighting for yards. team wasn’t done yet.

I don’t think ilb is wasted 1st round picks. Not sure we even missed on Simmons, just needed to tell him what position he was best at And toe the lime. He doesn’t pay fans to watch, weak leadership, Keim and KK, if Simmons wasn’t disgruntled at coaches preferred position, you know the one he plays for the Giants. He would still be here.

anyway, with salary cap , sometimes it’s healthier to draft the qb on defense ILB at a lower salary and cap hit overtime in the 1st round, compared to a 1/4 billion dollar qb for less years. Yes offensive qb is premium, but look at what great seasoned ILB can do!

both need each other

must add that we invested Draft picks, that added little value as rookies, but are ready to shine. Sanders still on the shelf, but others are engaged in playing really well for cards. I value them, and don’t toss them to the side until I see them perform on the field. not perfect, but ain’t trading them for nothing yet.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What a signing Kyzir has been. Great leader and tone setter on this team.

Loved the in game clip when he was trash talking Dak and his post game presser where he basically crapped on the 'boys.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dak is amazing. He makes an absolutely incredible play to get them in scoring position on the previous drive. He and White are jawing. But at the end of the game when the game is on the line he throws into triple coverage, direct to White who I guess he didn't see.

Great play by Kyzir staying home but how can a veteran QB do that? Reminder, it wasn't 4th down it was 3rd, he didn't have to force the ball in there.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Dak is amazing. He makes an absolutely incredible play to get them in scoring position on the previous drive. He and White are jawing. But at the end of the game when the game is on the line he throws into triple coverage, direct to White who I guess he didn't see.

Great play by Kyzir staying home but how can a veteran QB do that? Reminder, it wasn't 4th down it was 3rd, he didn't have to force the ball in there.
Dak thought he looked him off and White baited him with it. If you watch the play, Dak looks left, white shuffles left, and then drops right into the throwing lane.