Cards contact FA CB Prince Amukamara

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Very cool. I'd be happy to have him on the team. Defensive backfield of PP/Prince/Bethel is certainly athletic.

Agreed and he's a good guy on top of it. Played on our Let-It-Fly flag football team a couple years as our FS and WR. Very athletic (and no not comparing his athleticism to me a 6' golfer). He got to some passes I threw that were horrid and made a few picks that I'm not sure how you even get to them.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The problem is that he is visiting Jacksonville. No way can the Cards even come close to matching them.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
The problem is that he is visiting Jacksonville. No way can the Cards even come close to matching them.

Agreed, and he said the Cards don't have to match, and as long as Jax doesn't offer him PP21 money he will be heading back to AZ (he lives here that's not him saying he is a Card). But he has already talked to the Cards about wanting to meet as soon as he gets back to AZ.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Also, I've shown the text discussion to someone else on the board. So once again not just making stuff up for no reason.

Prince is a good guy, would love to see him play here....actually believe he could be a lot like Charles Woodson's career (not on a greatness level, but path) in that he will be a very solid corner for quite a while.....and if he starts to lose a step, he would do great as a FS and Nickel corner when needed.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This one is just a buddy who played with him in HS and I shot him a message as to what's going on, and he shot back a screenshot of the discussion with him.

I'm kind of hoping you don't know anyone with the nuclear codes.

Reaction score
I'll gladly keep these things to myself if you'd like, or you could block me. Just passing along info from a friend that played with him in HS at Apollo and their texts back and forth.

Up to you guys. This one was already reported too, not like I was the first one to mention this, where I was the first to mention AP coming here out of any outlet, and then definitely led the hype train with AP til it crashed.

I for one appreciate all the info you provide Andy. Keep up the good work please.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Superb athlete:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Awe... got to luv info during free agency about who is going to sign with who :)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

GiantCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Has or was he the Giants no 1 Corner?

Rogers-Cromartie was the #1. Prince is good in run support. I don't know if it's the scheme or not, but he usually gives a pretty big cushion- lots of passes completed under him. Very few INTs. And he's missed 20% of his games in NY with injuries.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rogers-Cromartie was the #1. Prince is good in run support. I don't know if it's the scheme or not, but he usually gives a pretty big cushion- lots of passes completed under him. Very few INTs. And he's missed 20% of his games in NY with injuries.

Doh. How'd I forget about DRC. Thank you

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
I'm kind of hoping you don't know anyone with the nuclear codes.

I don't see how having those would help the Cards in Free Agency or me finding info about what's going on. ;)

When you ply golf professionally, you meet a lot of athletes. And as much as every golfer would rather play basketball/football/baseball instead. It's truly amazing how much athletes love golf and want to get great at it. It just dumbfounds them that they can be some of the greatest athletes in the world but yet here's this 6' 170lb white kid who can drag their ass up and down the course. And then they want you to help them out with their game, or be their partner to ply against others for money.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Nice, if true. He has all the tools to become a top notch corner. Especially opposite a true shutdown corner like PP. You can't count DRC as a shutdown corner, he was beaten all year long gambling on plays and outmuscled quite often. In Amukamara's tenure with the Giants the whole defense has been a mess. Therefore I wouldn't judge him too harshly.

How a guy of his potential is still a free agent is beyond be. Probably his agent is asking too much. Well, that would put us out of range since Keim is smart about handing out huge paydays in free agency. You can tell us all that you want, but if Jacksonville wants him they get him. They can easily double any salary Keim would be willing to hand out.

As for Kent Somers and his scheme fit talk, this is simply not true. In fact, he was used as a zone corner quite often which allowed many easy short completions on him. In man coverage he has been outstanding in college. I still think we will settle for someone like Hayward, which would be financially smarter anyway. But if Prince really wants to come home I'm all for it.

PitchShifter

The other Big Red
Reaction score
As for Kent Somers and his scheme fit talk, this is simply not true.

Maybe that's what the "team"sources are feeding out to douse suggestions of Cards interest. If the Jags don't feel their in a bidding war, maybe they don't offer the world first up :shrug:

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Maybe that's what the "team"sources are feeding out to douse suggestions of Cards interest. If the Jags don't feel their in a bidding war, maybe they don't offer the world first up :shrug:

I think his is 100% it. He played press corner at Nebraska...its just the defense be played in NY that was different. And ya as long as the Jags don't offer him like PP21 money he'll be on a flight back home shortly.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think his is 100% it. He played press corner at Nebraska...its just the defense be played in NY that was different. And ya as long as the Jags don't offer him like PP21 money he'll be on a flight back home shortly.

Love it. Sure hope he comes here. According to B man and his source he really wants too and I 100% believe that. But it's hard not to follow the big money when you get that chance. This is going to look weird, but the Jaguars are building a pretty solid team. The offense was descent last year, but the D was horrible. They picked up some key D guys and if Prince get that monster contract, they just got a ton better IMH0

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love it. Sure hope he comes here. According to B man and his source he really wants too and I 100% believe that. But it's hard not to follow the big money when you get that chance. This is going to look weird, but the Jaguars are building a pretty solid team. The offense was descent last year, but the D was horrible. They picked up some key D guys and if Prince get that monster contract, they just got a ton better IMH0

I saw Bruce Cooper yesterday on 12 Sports and he said he actually spoke to Prince before he flew out to JAX and he confirmed what the source said but mentioned money was the hang up. Which would explain the reason to visit JAX to see if they could get more.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw Bruce Cooper yesterday on 12 Sports and he said he actually spoke to Prince before he flew out to JAX and he confirmed what the source said but mentioned money was the hang up. Which would explain the reason to visit JAX to see if they could get more.

As much as I hate to say it, I can't blame him one bit to see what type of money he can get. Even though Jax has been an absolute laughing stock of the NFL (amongst others :p), $ and being in Florida is better than being somewhere thats freezing. But, its no AZ though!!

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

Ya, from the texts I saw it was really just flying out to see if they throw a crazy number at him or not. If they do he'd take it, otherwise he'd fly back to AZ and try to work out a deal with the Cards.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Looks like Jax offered 42/4 20 guaranteed.......doubt the Cards would match that number or come real close. But who knows now that the pass rushers are gone.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Cards are going to sign Leon Hall watch

Kinda on the fence with Amukamara, I mean, there is a reason the Giants defense was pretty awful.

I would rather sign Leon Hall, and draft a DB.

If the Cardinals do signed Amukamara I wouldn't be disappointed at all tho. It would matter on the price.

The one thing about Amukamara is that I think he could play on the outside better than Hall can at this point in Hall's career.

Free agency......ugh, so much money for players with so many questions.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like Jax offered 42/4 20 guaranteed.......doubt the Cards would match that number or come real close. But who knows now that the pass rushers are gone.

Great deal for Prince. Cards won't even try. They probably were aware of the $$$ being discussed when they contacted Leon Hall's agent and invited him for a visit.