Cardinals sign LB De'Vondre Campbell

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have you seen his drafts? And the overall talent of the team the past 2 years? Keim certainly deserves credit for this offseason, but he's also the reason we've drafted in the top 10 in consecutive drafts.
Have you considered a good bottle of wine? Some say that it will ........... .

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love that we are trying to put together a competitive roster made not of old has beens but guys all entering their primes.

Hopkins - 27
Campbell - 26
Kennard - 28
Phillips - 27

Also no injury concerns.

This is a solidly executed plan that doesn't remotely resemble any off season in recent memory

Maybe Keim is trying to be like George Constanza in that one episode and literally did the opposite of what he normally did, lol. Seems like a great offseason so far.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I would be furious if we took a WR. So ridiculous.

Not me. I know we have other needs, but I think WR is still a need now, not to mention when Fitz retires. We can always take an OL in the second (assuming we trade down and nab Cedee or Jeudy in the first). When we got to the SB in 2008, it was because of our passing game. The rest of the team was average, at best.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Pretty much what we are saying here. It seems like the organization likes this order.

Simmons
Okudah
Brown

Trade Back

Wirfs
Wills
Lamb
Jeudy

Lamb is definitely still on the table because the thought is that Larry isn't long for the team.

I am on the Brown train and he is the most likely to be left of those top three when the cards pick!

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not me. I know we have other needs, but I think WR is still a need now, not to mention when Fitz retires. We can always take an OL in the second (assuming we trade down and nab Cedee or Jeudy in the first). When we got to the SB in 2008, it was because of our passing game. The rest of the team was average, at best.
We have to protect Kyler. A mid-round second (assuming there's one still there) is not of the same caliber as one of the top OTs. Kirk is a great #3. Gotta draft OL at some point. Kyler can't do anything from his back.

Balance the team out. Fill holes. This isn't NFL Blitz.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
What’s the obsession with lamb, good wideout but come on this WR class isn’t elite. He will be a good solid pro who makes or comes close to making the pro bowl once in a while in his career.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
We have to protect Kyler. A mid-round second (assuming there's one still there) is not of the same caliber as one of the top OTs. Kirk is a great #3. Gotta draft OL at some point. Kyler can't do anything from his back.

Balance the team out. Fill holes. This isn't NFL Blitz.
The line wasn’t that bad last year, Murray held onto the ball far to long.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The line wasn’t that bad last year, Murray held onto the ball far to long.
Not true. Murray was a top-5 pressured QB, he just ran away from pressure.

Some sacks were his fault, but the amount of evasion he had was greater than any other QB. He took the 33rd most hits.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cards feel the can bolster the lines in the second or third round then Maybe.

talk about turning this offense into a Porsche. Wouldn’t bode well for 2 of the wr’s we drafted last year.

Did you watch Butler in camp last year? He was the worst receiver of all of them, including the undrafted free agents. I do not hold out much hope for him at all unfortunately.

Johninromania

Veteran
Reaction score
Not true. Murray was a top-5 pressured QB, he just ran away from pressure.

Some sacks were his fault, but the amount of evasion he had was greater than any other QB. He took the 33rd most hits.
Wasn’t there a stat that Kyler had the most time from pressure then anyone in the league and the receivers where to blame for the lack of separation. And I thought this improved considerably the second part of the season.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Thanks to free NFL Game Pass...just watched the Falcons vs 49ers condensed game. If you skip the Falcons offense, you can watch in about 7-8 minutes.

99% sure Campbell is our new ILB

He covered Kittle on about 5-6 routes...I think Kittle caught 2 for 20ish. Looked like a lot of zone and designs to get Kittle open in the flats (zone).

Definitely an upgrade IMO. I will be watching some more games.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you watch Butler in camp last year? He was the worst receiver of all of them, including the undrafted free agents. I do not hold out much hope for him at all unfortunately.
I have to think Hopkins, Fitz, and Kirk are a pretty good trio. Add Cooper and one of last years guys and the wr room is pretty full. Lamb would make this group elite and sustainable IF Fitz did hang them up in 2021.

At some time we have to figure out how to make this offensive line a strength rather than adequate.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wasn’t there a stat that Kyler had the most time from pressure then anyone in the league and the receivers where to blame for the lack of separation. And I thought this improved considerably the second part of the season.
Not sure where you saw that.

I'm not sure how people could watch the games and think "this is a good OL. Let's stick with this and never improve."

Kyler was charged for being responsible (per PFF) for 23 of his own sacks, but that still leaves us at 25 that weren't him, and 63 QB hurries, on only 151 blitzes. However, he was only hit on 16 plays. No other player has that kind of evasion rate.

His pocket time was tied for dead last.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what was said about David Johnson. . .

Reddick isn’t David Johnson. David Johnson still showed he could be very productive in the passing game. Reddick is basically a complete waste of roster space. And has shown nothing worthy of trading for.