Cardinals sign LB De'Vondre Campbell

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No effing way WR should be an option. You just drafted three last year and got Hop. Those other three all with talent need to be developed. Drafting a WR would be beyond ludicrous.

Facts!!! I will instantly be off the KK train for good if we go WR!! He would only show he's receiver drunk and incapable of seeing the big picture. DEFENSE AND O LINE HOMIE!

Reactions: PJ1

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we gain a 2nd again it's definately possible. But I don't see it right now. If they pull that off Keim might be crowned valley king! :notworthy:
It's definitely possible. A player will be there at #8 when we're on the clock, teams will be giving us their best options to move up. I would ask for their 2nd round pick or no deal? I wouldn't go any lower than #13 though.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you really want another wr we can’t possibly use our8th pick. Especially considering at this moment we don’t have a second.

We will know on draft day just what the Cards think about Murray, Toth, Miles, Galliard, and Cole.

The way I see it I think we now go OT even if we trade down. I think we still need a D- lineman , rb, and a guard .

We are now in a position where nobody knows what direction we will go with the first pick.

The best OT, Simmons, Brown would all be good. We just can’t pass on Simmons.

All that being said, if the Cards are really unhappy with Issabella, Butler or Johnson then the idea of finding Larry’s eventual replacement could be considered. But there are only so many cylinders in an engine. I just can’t imagine giving up on all 3 guys we drafted last year and who’s to say Larry won’t be back in 2021?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
It's interesting, over the past few years I have watched several ATL games on TV and he never stood out to me, nor do I recall his name being uttered much. Yet, his stats are pretty solid.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's definitely possible. A player will be there at #8 when we're on the clock, teams will be giving us their best options to move up. I would ask for their 2nd round pick or no deal? I wouldn't go any lower than #13 though.

I could see the Cards trading down a couple of spots and taking a WR, gaining a second rounder and going OL or DL. If you think about it, this maybe Larry’s last year, and then we are right back where we started from with one stud WR and the rest ???? Getting CD, Juedy, or Ruggs would keep our WR group dangerous for several more years

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I could see the Cards trading down a couple of spots and taking a WR, gaining a second rounder and going OL or DL. If you think about it, this maybe Larry’s last year, and then we are right back where we started from with one stud WR and the rest ???? Getting CD, Juedy, or Ruggs would keep our WR group dangerous for several more years
Exactly!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I still prefer to add an offensive lineman or a defensive player but I have no doubt wide receiver is still being discussed if the Cardinals trade down.
Yep. Been thinking about this lately. Remember Keim had a top 5 grade on Byron Murphy. It seemed like the Cards would have taken a WR or OL at the top of the 2nd round but Murphy's grade was too high.

What if Wirfs is gone, he has a top 20 grade on Wills, but a top 5 grade on Lamb (Jeudy, etc)?

Should be interesting.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are they saying on 98.7? I haven't listened to them since our season ended.

Pretty much what we are saying here. It seems like the organization likes this order.

Simmons
Okudah
Brown

Trade Back

Wirfs
Wills
Lamb
Jeudy

Lamb is definitely still on the table because the thought is that Larry isn't long for the team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love that we are trying to put together a competitive roster made not of old has beens but guys all entering their primes.

Hopkins - 27
Campbell - 26
Kennard - 28
Phillips - 27

Also no injury concerns.

This is a solidly executed plan that doesn't remotely resemble any off season in recent memory

couldn't agree more.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
sure seems all the FA activity thus far screams taking a O or D lineman at #8, or, trading down into the 11/12 range and doing the same

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be honest I don't buy the 5 grade on Murphy
Keim use to sell his draft picks like gold at our eyes

A 5 grade on a nickel corner with average height and below average athleticism

Seriously?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. Been thinking about this lately. Remember Keim had a top 5 grade on Byron Murphy. It seemed like the Cards would have taken a WR or OL at the top of the 2nd round but Murphy's grade was too high.

What if Wirfs is gone, he has a top 20 grade on Wills, but a top 5 grade on Lamb (Jeudy, etc)?

Should be interesting.

Sometimes I think Keim feels he can gamble early and make up for it later in the draft. So we are really trying to read how Keim thinks. That's not so easy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Seriously?

With elite instincts. Below average athleticism? I'd say average.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO Bickley right now

What if they could trade down to 12 and get a 2nd round pick and still get Lamb

If the Cards feel the can bolster the lines in the second or third round then Maybe.

talk about turning this offense into a Porsche. Wouldn’t bode well for 2 of the wr’s we drafted last year.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Seriously?
I'm not saying I agreed with Keim in Murphy had a top 5 grade.

However, they were adament that it was the first time they drafted 3 players from their top 25 board (Kyler, Murphy and Allen in the 3rd)

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If the Cards feel the can bolster the lines in the second or third round then Maybe.

talk about turning this offense into a Porsche. Wouldn’t bode well for 2 of the wr’s we drafted last year.
People keep thinking I dislike Kirk. However, a trade down for Lamb..

You'd have to give up Kirk and another pick in order to move up and get another OL as well. If the goal is truly to get a WR/OL early I think thats the only play.

However, its much more likely they just take an OT if I had to guess.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose