• D

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • F

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't at all. One more win and the Cardinals pick is probably, what? Pick 7?

If you are shooting to get another high pick, you don't resign guys that can influence winning. You just know that this board would be criticizing the team for winning too many games last year if they were in the position where they would likely miss out on true blue chip players.
Classic way to build a winning culture

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't at all. One more win and the Cardinals pick is probably, what? Pick 7?

If you are shooting to get another high pick, you don't resign guys that can influence winning. You just know that this board would be criticizing the team for winning too many games last year if they were in the position where they would likely miss out on true blue chip players.
It is what it is. Just like landing the 27th pick instead of what everyone thought would be a top 5 pick. 4 wins or 5 wins? No one would’ve cared. And even that said, yeah I don’t think Allen and Murphy even bring one more win.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This is a great point. So many posters want us to "keep the powder dry," and my reply is "for what?" We're just going to keep rolling cap space over year after year.
I don't so much want to keep the powder dry as to spread the money over more players. Say in contrast to the Suns, who have almost all their money tied up in three guys. I would rather be a very good two deep at every position than great at a few and average to suck at the rest.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't so much want to keep the powder dry as to spread the money over more players. Say in contrast to the Suns, who have almost all their money tied up in three guys. I would rather be a very good two deep at every position than great at a few and average to suck at the rest.
The Steelers way to get bounced from the playoffs in the first round every year.

Develop your stars in-house and keep them here; go outside to fill out the weak points in your roster with solid starters. Let your third-day draft picks become your depth (and source for future comp picks).

Monti hollowed out much of the solid starters, and "very good" players don't come available at a reasonable price in free agency. We're in all likelihood to be very good to average at a few positions and suck at others.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Steelers way to get bounced from the playoffs in the first round every year.

Develop your stars in-house and keep them here; go outside to fill out the weak points in your roster with solid starters. Let your third-day draft picks become your depth (and source for future comp picks).

Monti hollowed out much of the solid starters, and "very good" players don't come available at a reasonable price in free agency. We're in all likelihood to be very good to average at a few positions and suck at others.
:lies:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

Still, compared to where the Cardinals have been lately, I would take the Steelers multiple Super Bowls and making the playoffs every year. Right now we need to build this team up. I am withholding judgement until I see the year two and three moves. Every regime lets guys go, because they want their style of guys. Part of the growing pains of changing coaches and front office so damn much.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Since getting a QB from Atlanta, my FA grade is being raised from a B to an A. So, even if we don't have another FA signing, I see us as being in pretty good shape going into the Draft. As follows:
* First pick should be one of the Top Three WR's.
* Depending upon how their Board is stacked (A one, a two and three three's), we can add an Edge, a DL, an OL, a CB and another WR).

Just feel that our roster is sooooo much better than a year ago. Of course, I am a "Glass is half full" type fan.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The bar here is underground.
It’s a rebuild. Step 1 was clearing out those who were not buying in And address our cap. Now, we have to give the coaches who got the guys to play hard some talent. We need so many players, so I am not unhappy with the signings if they think fit our system.

if we are 25/31st again, I will be unhappy.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It’s a rebuild. Step 1 was clearing out those who were not buying in And address our cap. Now, we have to give the coaches who got the guys to play hard some talent. We need so many players, so I am not unhappy with the signings if they think fit our system.

if we are 25/31st again, I will be unhappy.
If you're convinced that a rebuild must be a 3 year process, then I guess there isn't much discussion here. Our cap at this point is fine - we have enough money to acquire above average talent in FA and we've chosen not to.

Can you see a reason why we shouldn't be acquiring better players in FA, as we do have the cap space?

The only path to acquire those players is apparently through the draft - we have a desperate need for good players, and we've spent our offseason acquiring mediocre at best questionable starters.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you're convinced that a rebuild must be a 3 year process, then I guess there isn't much discussion here. Our cap at this point is fine - we have enough money to acquire above average talent in FA and we've chosen not to.

Can you see a reason why we shouldn't be acquiring better players in FA, as we do have the cap space?

The only path to acquire those players is apparently through the draft - we have a desperate need for good players, and we've spent our offseason acquiring mediocre at best questionable starters.
Because we'll need to sign pending 2025 free agents Micah Parsons and Patrick Surtain II. Obviously.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
IDK about ALL these free agents the Cards should be signing. I was looking at WR and RB. Both of those positions, especially WR are basically toast now. Would be better off bringing in a rookie. Trades would be the way to go now if you want a good WR or RB. I haven't followed other position groups, but maybe it's the same in those too.