• F

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IDK about ALL these free agents the Cards should be signing. I was looking at WR and RB. Both of those positions, especially WR are basically toast now. Would be better off bringing in a rookie. Trades would be the way to go now if you want a good WR or RB. I haven't followed other position groups, but maybe it's the same in those too.
No need to sign a RB…. Grab one round 3 or later

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
IDK about ALL these free agents the Cards should be signing. I was looking at WR and RB. Both of those positions, especially WR are basically toast now. Would be better off bringing in a rookie. Trades would be the way to go now if you want a good WR or RB. I haven't followed other position groups, but maybe it's the same in those too.

Maybe, but I think you can argue that we need two NFL starter-quality WRs right now, and that's risky through the draft alone.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but I think you can argue that we need two NFL starter-quality WRs right now, and that's risky through the draft alone.
It could be done I think if you used both #1s on the position…. But that also seems kind of foolish with the other holes as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It could be done I think if you used both #1s on the position…. But that also seems kind of foolish with the other holes as well.

Nothing's a guarantee.

In 2002 the Eagles drafted three defensive backs in a row -- Lito Sheppard (26), Michael Lewis (58), and Sheldon Brown (59). All three of them played in over 125 games in their career and had at least 12 INTs.

The next pick, at 91st overall, was Brian Westbrook. What a draft.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Mike Williams coming off injury is arguably about the best one out there left.
Next is Odell Beckham Junior. Guys like Hunter Renfro (age), and other WRs with issues (injury, overpaid, etc) are left. This draft is deep at WR. Assuming MHJ, then someone round two or three, or trade. Maybe you use some of that draft capital to move up this year in round two or three to nab one of the holes like pass rusher, CB, or WR?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Mike Williams coming off injury is arguably about the best one out there left.
Next is Odell Beckham Junior. Guys like Hunter Renfro (age), and other WRs with issues (injury, overpaid, etc) are left. This draft is deep at WR. Assuming MHJ, then someone round two or three, or trade. Maybe you use some of that draft capital to move up this year in round two or three to nab one of the holes like pass rusher, CB, or WR?

I dunno. I want someone on the outside. I don't need huge names. DJ Chark, Equanimeous St. Brown, Donovan Peoples-Jones. All those guys appeal to me.

@Chopper0080 -- what would you think about Cordarrelle Patterson as a short-term Rondale Moore alternative?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I dunno. I want someone on the outside. I don't need huge names. DJ Chark, Equanimeous St. Brown, Donovan Peoples-Jones. All those guys appeal to me.

@Chopper0080 -- what would you think about Cordarrelle Patterson as a short-term Rondale Moore alternative?
@kerouac9 Are you not counting Chris Moore who we signed yesterday at WR?

Cards sign Chris Moore

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I'm still hoping for an RB in the draft. Several good choices this year

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I would have been more interested if we had not signed DeeJay Dallas as I feel some of Patterson's value is in the return game. I view Patterson as a RB now so in that context he fits kind of what Moore was doing.

Was Moore's role important enough that it is worth filling? I go back and forth personally.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you're convinced that a rebuild must be a 3 year process, then I guess there isn't much discussion here. Our cap at this point is fine - we have enough money to acquire above average talent in FA and we've chosen not to.

Can you see a reason why we shouldn't be acquiring better players in FA, as we do have the cap space?

The only path to acquire those players is apparently through the draft - we have a desperate need for good players, and we've spent our offseason acquiring mediocre at best questionable starters.

we should smartly spend our cap. Absolutely. If there are quality players to sign or resign I want us to do it. But, we won’t build a foundation by getting into bad contracts. I don’t know this FO well enough to know if I trust what they are doing or not.

I will be upset if we have a large percent of unused cap space again, but we had a lot of quick signings and I do not expect any team to do all their signings in week 1.

I am not sure you’re wrong or that I am Right. It’s just too soon to judge IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson