Cardinals "feel they are out" on Dansby

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude deserves a probowl too. Not getting that in Cleveland...hell, had a probowl type year in AZ and doesn't go.

I'd love to see Dansby get a ring; love the guy and how he plays. Don't care if he's a mercenary, but I would like to see him win.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude deserves a probowl too. Not getting that in Cleveland...hell, had a probowl type year in AZ and doesn't go.

I'd love to see Dansby get a ring; love the guy and how he plays. Don't care if he's a mercenary, but I would like to see him win.

Screw him feel the same way DD does!

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
14 million is a lot of money guys. Any of us would do this too… Loyalty is great, but if another company is going to DOUBLE or TRIPLE your salary, one would be a fool for not taking it… Save the loyalty stuff for your wife and family… 14 million is a lot of $$$… Good luck Los, we will miss you again!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
14 million is a lot of money guys. Any of us would do this too… Loyalty is great, but if another company is going to DOUBLE or TRIPLE your salary, one would be a fool for not taking it… Save the loyalty stuff for your wife and family… 14 million is a lot of $$$… Good luck Los, we will miss you again!

$14 million is fine. Cleveland is not. Also, if he is so concerned with chasing a paycheck, don't pay lip-service to the fans by saying you want to be in the ROH. Screw that. Shut up, collect your check, and play. Don't be fake.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have you even been to Cleveland? I lived there for about a year and can tell you I would play for free than to have to play and live in Cleveland.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
The only people who live and die for the team is us fans; the players generally don't care. It is about $$ for those guys. Not saying I like it, but this is what it is

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Browns agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Cardinals, on a four-year, $24 million contract.
The deal includes $10 million in the first year and $14 million guaranteed.

So he is playing until he is 37 ? Bold statement by Dansby, but not surprising.

Wish him well.

I suspect it breaks down something like:

Year 1 = $6 m SB / $4 Salary
Year 2 = $4 m Roster bonus / $1 sal
Year 3= $4.5 sal
Year 4= $4.5 sal

Los will never see years 3&4. If he doesnt have a good year, he gets cut because they wont want to pay the roster bonus for year 2.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Browns agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Cardinals, on a four-year, $24 million contract.

Wish him well.

Good pickup here, Rugby. Therefore, this is probably a two year deal for $14 M, with $5M salaries in the final two years. Cap hit for the Browns year 3. Maybe we will resign him in 2016 when he gets cut.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score

Wish him well.
Plus, I think he was given a say in who becomes their new head coach next year.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wish he was staying, but not surprised at all that he left for a crappy team:

"Dansby told me he was waiting with a suitcase, ready to hop on a flight to wherever his agent, Todd France, told him to go." —Josh Weinfuss.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

I'd take the Carson Palmer philosophy. He's already made $80 million {Carson, not Dansby}, so he'd rather be in a good situation than make the compensation the most important factor. Once you are set financially, other things take on more importance unless you're Karlos.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Great point, Crisper. And one that I really haven't seen discussed too much. By signing all those guys to one-year deals, and now having them cash in, we could be in line for a few comp picks in 2015. Another astute Keim move.

Lost Andre Roberts, Karlos Dansby so far.
Added Jared Veldheer.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you even been to Cleveland? I lived there for about a year and can tell you I would play for free than to have to play and live in Cleveland.

I would make it work for 14 million. :D

AzWins23

Reaction score

I live in Cleveland, and I'am a Cardinals fan. Cleveland has probably the most die-hard fans of any sports teams. I don't understand what living in Cleveland has to with anything.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I live in Cleveland, and I'am a Cardinals fan. Cleveland has probably the most die-hard fans of any sports teams. I don't understand what living in Cleveland has to with anything.

Hey the Browns are making moves---kudos to them. They are going to be good on defense---esp. with a very good defensive oriented HC.

But they play in a tough division and they aren't situated with a QB...but they are in position to draft one.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate to see Dansby leave and I do think it will hurt the D, but I have no problem with the FO not matching that contract. He's too old for a four year deal and that much money guaranteed.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We spent a high rd2 pick on a guy that was a 1st team All SEC defender and was voted to multiple All-American teams. Time to see what he's got.

We've already seen what he's got and he just left for Cleveland. Oh wait wrong high 2nd round pick that was 1st team All SEC and All-American.

:D

Maybe history will repeat and Minter will be a fine replacement for Dansby. Wait forget I wrote that!!! Minter's awful and will be out of the NFL in 2 seasons.

:stick:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard