Cardinals "feel they are out" on Dansby

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Bowles will have to re-tool the D. Bringing in or drafting a safety to cover TEs and allowing Minter to be the "thumper" ILB should look pretty nice. Will miss KD, but, if the numbers are accurate, don't fault the Cards at all.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
They are the reported landing spot for Revis and Whitner as well. I'm sure people in Cleveland will be excited about it but experience has shown that on field performance will have a hard time living up to those expectations.
I guess Cleveland is going to try an field the oldest defnse in the NFL. They let Ward and Jackson walk to bring in Whitner and KD. Maybe they can add Woodson, Champ Bailey, Randy Starks and Jared Allen too.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this is why he only took a 1 year deal with us; to chase a big contract this offseason. that bein said, chasing money to a losing team is pitiful.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It is suprising to me, but not totally unexpected. The defense will take a step back and will have a leadership void that needs to be filled. Not sure if Minter is the guy, but I am sure the Cards will bring in competition. These things happen. Hopefully Cards use that 5 mil per year to add a different piece.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
I'm very disappointed. Not surprised, but disappointed. And I hold nothing against Karlos. When the rest of us are walking around healthy in our 50's, he might be dragging his ankle up the stairs like Earl Campbell, or having concussion issues like Dave Duerson, or a million other maladies which could shorten and make his life difficult. He doesn't owe the Cardinals anything, it's business.

However, I'm anticipating DWash to have his annual early season suspension, so that will leave us with Minter and nobody for the beginning of the season. Also, last years NFL draft class was very weak (despite the huge performance of our 3rd and 6th rounders) so Minter is more like a 3rd rounder in a good draft. We will see how he performs - there's no guarantees. We need a veteran backup/early season starter. Maybe another late signing, cheap make-good deal.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I said all along that Dansby will go where he gets the biggest offer. Everything else he said was just lip service. I never expected to retain him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saying its 4 years 24 million with 14 million guaranteed. Yikes! Can't be mad at him for taking that especially at his age

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The report is 4 years at $24 million with $14 million guaranteed and $10 million in year 1.
No way the Cards were going to offer a player his age a four year deal.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter ·1m
A lot more than Cards were willing to do MT @kentsomers: Hearing Dansby to Browns, 4yrs/$24m. $10m year 1, $14m guaranteed.

WOW, did I call that one back on October.

Dansby is not shy about wanting to get paid. He took the one year deal here knowing he would start and show case his talents and when it is all said and done I don't think we can or are willing to pay what he wants. I wouldn't be surprised if he is after a 4 year $20-$25 million deal.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I guess Cleveland is going to try an field the oldest defnse in the NFL. They let Ward and Jackson walk to bring in Whitner and KD. Maybe they can add Woodson, Champ Bailey, Randy Starks and Jared Allen too.

Browns have one of the youngest Defenses in the NFL. The oldest player they have is Paul Kruger at age 29. Adding a player with leadership like Dansby is a plus on any team despite age.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what that Browns owner/gm is thinking? What

in the world are they doing to that team?

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Browns have one of the youngest Defenses in the NFL. The oldest player they have is Paul Kruger at age 29. Adding a player with leadership like Dansby is a plus on any team despite age.

I think you missed that they are also supposedly adding Revis and Whitner.
High priced older free agents rarely work out. Unless you're a QB named Peyton.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still there's a reason why players are trying to flee from the Browns. See Alex Mack.

But he'll be paid.

There were reports about the Browns wanting Revis, so I wonder if it's an either/or. We'll see.

Sucks, and now we potentially have a big hole to fill. I like Minter. Can he do it? We might be finding out this year.

That said we have options, and with more cap space a hole at one position might close a hole in another.

But I've always felt Dansby was really good for the Cards, and his timely plays made him even better. Not mad at anyone involved. A bit disappointed if this turns out to be true, but also hopeful and a bit excited to see what we do with the capspace.

It could be a blessing for us. Probably not. But if Minter can step up and this cap space is spent wisely filling a different hole, then it could be a net positive.

Good luck Dansby, watch out for the MRSA.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Can somebody tell me what that Browns owner/gm is thinking? What

in the world are they doing to that team?

The term 'drunken sailors' on payday comes to mind.

Combine the cast of clowns in Miami and Cleveland and you have all you need for "The Return of Dumb and Dumber."

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Dockett just call out Dansby?

DARNELL DOCKETT ‏@ddockett ·3m
@#$$ this free agent #@$%... I'm going fishing.. I guess I'm just To damn loyal these days. Smh

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Browns agreed to terms with ILB Karlos Dansby, formerly of the Cardinals, on a four-year, $24 million contract.
The deal includes $10 million in the first year and $14 million guaranteed.

So he is playing until he is 37 ? Bold statement by Dansby, but not surprising.

Wish him well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort