Bucks or Hawks?

Bucks or Hawks? Who would you rather face?

• Bucks

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Hawks

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Suns will definitely not be the underdogs regardless of who they play. If they play their game, it doesn't matter what team and what players they have to face. Suns will be fine as long as they play their game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He would still easily outmuscle Crowder inside if Ayton guards Lopez, or leave Lopez to easily outmuscle Crowder if Ayton guards Giannis.
I don’t fear Giannis if he’s limited to the point of not being ready to play in a close out game to make the finals. If he doesn’t have his usual springs and lateral movement it’s just a length advantage. Crowder and Craig can be physical with him.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don’t fear Giannis if he’s limited to the point of not being ready to play in a close out game to make the finals. If he doesn’t have his usual springs and lateral movement it’s just a length advantage. Crowder and Craig can be physical with him.

I think you are very much underestimating just how much stronger even a severely hobbled Giannis is over anyone on our roster not named Ayton. The advantage is not just length. It is brute strength.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suns will definitely not be the underdogs regardless of who they play. If they play their game, it doesn't matter what team and what players they have to face. Suns will be fine as long as they play their game.

If Giannis plays, the Suns, and especially Booker, Paul, Payne, Bridges and Johnson, will have to hit their outside shots at a very good rate (and a much better rate than of late for Booker and Bridges) in order to prevail. Suns points in the paint and offensive rebounds will be few and far between.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think you are very much underestimating just how much stronger even a severely hobbled Giannis is over anyone on our roster not named Ayton. The advantage is not just length. It is brute strength.
Part of using your strength is the ability to move. It’s not like he’s Pau Gasol in the post either with an array of touch and skill. He’s more of a powerful finisher.

A lot of times he’ll go backwards before driving just to gain steam. He’s an odd player but an unstoppable one of teams can’t handle his explosiveness and lift.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Bucks want to run their offense through Tucker in the post, I say let them.

even Mark Jackson thinks that idea sucks

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Nets had Jordan and Griffin to go along with Durant.

The Hawks are likely about to lose in 6 to a Bucks team missing Giannis for two and a half games. And they have Collins to go along with Capela.

The Suns have Ayton and...Ayton...

Jordan never got off the bench in the majority of those games. Try again.

Craig plays just as big as Blake Griffin at this point. And Ayton plays MUCH bigger than Durant.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Bucks want to run their offense through Tucker in the post, I say let them.

even Mark Jackson thinks that idea sucks

And I'm fine if that's our only disadvantage. I am far more concerned at the prospect of Crowder having to guard and bang with Lopez or Giannis and Saric/Cam Johnson having to guard and bang with Portis. That's why things would be so much easier for us if Giannis remains out.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
1sun lasted a few days before dissecting all the ways we will lose . Back to our old ways lol

I already said before that I'm picking the Suns in 7. I am sticking by that pick. It would just be far less difficult if Giannis weren't playing.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If Lopez plays with Giannis he HAS to play on the perimeter or he will **** Giannis’ ability to attack the paint which is the only place Giannis is dangerous. Crowder can handle perimeter Lopez just fine.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Nets had Jordan and Griffin to go along with Durant.

The Hawks are likely about to lose in 6 to a Bucks team missing Giannis for two and a half games. And they have Collins to go along with Capela.

The Suns have Ayton and...Ayton...

Jordan didn't even make it out of his warmups the entire post season...

I realize this question if facetious... but... do you even watch the games?

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jordan never got off the bench in the majority of those games. Try again.

Craig plays just as big as Blake Griffin at this point. And Ayton plays MUCH bigger than Durant.
You're right that Jordan didn't play, but Griffin was really strong defending Giannis post-ups. Giannis couldn't back him down. Craig wouldn't be able to do that.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're right that Jordan didn't play, but Griffin was really strong defending Giannis post-ups. Giannis couldn't back him down. Craig wouldn't be able to do that.

Giannis averaged 32ppg on 57% from the field against Brooklyn. He was better against Brooklyn than his playoff averages. Lol Griffin.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Giannis averaged 32ppg on 57% from the field against Brooklyn. He was better against Brooklyn than his playoff averages. Lol Griffin.
Lol Griffin what? I was arguing the point that "Griffin plays as big as Craig".

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Who cares how “big” you play when you get cooked? Frank plays bigger than Craig too.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Does it really matter how big Craig plays if the only time Monty puts him into the game for any meaningful length of time is when Cam Johnson is out with food poisoning?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Hawks look like they are absolute toast. They aren't even competitive to start this game. I admire Trey Young trying to come back, but he is clearly doing his team more harm than good.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Hawks look like they are absolute toast. They aren't even competitive to start this game. I admire Trey Young trying to come back, but he is clearly doing his team more harm than good.

Maybe wait more than 4 minutes before making this declaration?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe wait more than 4 minutes before making this declaration?

They still look like absolute toast. The Bucks are getting to the basket at will and are just missing a bunch of wide open shots (Tucker especially). Meanwhile, the Hawks look like they are playing in quicksand, they are fumbling the ball around, they are throwing the ball away right to the opponent (Young especially) and it is taking them ten times the effort to get their shots as it is taking the Bucks.

Score notwithstanding, this has looked a lot like a freshman high school basketball team trying to take on the varsity.

Collins and Gallinari are doing their best to keep this from being an absolute laugher, but it is pretty darn clear the Hawks cannot deal with Lopez and Holiday.

And Middleton hasn't even gotten started yet...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks can’t hit the broadside of a barn. Almost everything is short. Ugly game so far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Hawks can't keep the Bucks from driving inside while they take outside shots which they are not hitting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holiday didn't allow Bogdanovic to turn and shoot. He stuck his face in there.