Bucks or Hawks?

Bucks or Hawks? Who would you rather face?

• Bucks

Votes: 29 55.8%
  • Hawks

Votes: 23 44.2%

• Total voters

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If either is relatively healthy, they both pose solid challenges... that I think we’d take care of in 6.
Maybe I am drinking the Kool-Aid right now, but I don't think we go more than 5 against either team.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe both are very beatable for the Suns. I think Hawks more so then Bucs, but both beatable.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Suns guards Booker, Paul and Payne got to be licking there chops looking at Trae Young on defense. I look for us to switch and drive on him every single time down.

The Hawks are a much harder matchup for Ayton Collins and Capela are very athletic

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Suns guards Booker, Paul and Payne got to be licking there chops looking at Trae Young on defense. I look for us to switch and drive on him every single time down.

The Hawks are a much harder matchup for Ayton Collins and Capela are very athletic
Yeah Saric against either of those two is ugly...

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am rooting for the Hawks just so the dude that bet 10k on them to win the East for a half a million dollars cashes that ticket.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Take the best uninjured players from both teams.
We can call them the HACKS (see what I did there)
I don't care who we play.

The "GOAT" couldn't beat us.
The "MVP" couldn't beat us.
The "Boy George" couldn't beat us.
The "Refs" couldn't beat us...yet.
I like our chances no matter whos on the court with us.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've overcome injuries and bad luck also. Paul was hurt in game 1 of the playoffs, or was it game 2? He worked his way back.

Then Paul, a vaccinated player, caught Covid waiting for the WCF to begin. We won without him.

Booker got his face broken and returned in a mask, not letting it be an excuse.

Our 6th man, Cam Payne, rolled his ankle just like Trae Young and he's back.

We've been on the wrong side of injuries in the past. It happens and it súcks but no one gave us any sympathy for it. Rub some dirt on it and get back up. Its either that or stay down and claim it isn't fair.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We've overcome injuries and bad luck also. Paul was hurt in game 1 of the playoffs, or was it game 2? He worked his way back.

Then Paul, a vaccinated player, caught Covid waiting for the WCF to begin. We won without him.

Booker got his face broken and returned in a mask, not letting it be an excuse.

Our 6th man, Cam Payne, rolled his ankle just like Trae Young and he's back.

We've been on the wrong side of injuries in the past. It happens and it súcks but no one gave us any sympathy for it. Rub some dirt on it and get back up. Its either that or stay down and claim it isn't fair.
We haven’t had “the big” injury, but you’re right . . .

Paul shoulder
Paul covid
Book face
Payne ankle
Paul hand ligaments
Cam Johnson food poisoning

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only reason I might have a preference is that I think Phoenix-Atlanta could be more fun. But other than that it’ll be who it’ll be.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We haven’t had “the big” injury, but you’re right . . .

Paul shoulder
Paul covid
Book face
Payne ankle
Paul hand ligaments
Cam Johnson food poisoning

Paul hand ligaments? When did that happen?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He tore them in Game 3. They did an MRI right before Game 6 to make sure it wasn't so bad he couldn't play. They kept that under wraps. Likely because it would have added to the "not again" scenario with Paul. Now Paul shooting everything short in the prior game makes so much sense.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It happened during game 3. He was playing with his fingers taped due to it, but removed the tape for game 6 (I assume because it was affecting his shooting and ball handling).

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He tore them in Game 3. They did an MRI right before Game 6 to make sure it wasn't so bad he couldn't play. They kept that under wraps. Likely because it would have added to the "not again" scenario with Paul. Now Paul shooting everything short in the prior game makes so much sense.

I was wondering why his shot was so off in Games 4 and 5. (For Game 3, I figured it was rust.) Makes his performance yesterday that much more impressive.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
No defense on ATL, at least not compared to what we have gone through. Even Sidery says ATL is a better match up in an interview I heard. We beat the Bucks every time we play them lately. I think either way it doesn't matter. :)

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree. The Suns have always had a finesse aspect to them. This is probably the best defensive Suns team in its history.
I've watched the Suns since the Barkley era, and no contest, this team is easily the toughest.

The Suns at their best would have one really good defender, and this team probably has 4.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not as worried about defending capella. He’s not a smooth back to the basket offensive player like cousins. That said, saric won’t get a shot off against him.
The Suns biggest need in the offseason is a good back up big. Saric and Frank have been fine for stretches but neither have been good. Cousins really should how big of a hole it is...granted few teams have a back up of Cousins caliber, but damn, Saric got worked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson