Best Wii games?

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I play Tiger Woods 2009 all the time. It's the first TW game I've played and I've really enjoyed it. Putting is the weakest part of the game play IMO and of course it's Wii graphics.

How's the interface? Just curious, thinking about picking it up.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i think the gameplay is pretty good on TW and really enjoy it - wii graphics are wii graphics, but all in all its a good game and a world better than some of the other golf titles

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure - how do the controls work with the game - are they pretty responsive, accurate, etc.

I found the controls to be very good except for putting.
There are plenty of times that I'm more successful on approaches and chips when instead of trying to adjust my swing based on power level that I just imagined how I would swing out on the course. The key to consistent shots is all in the tempo since you don't have to worry about contact.

Putting control is definitely different than my normal putting stroke, but once I figured out a method I can control my stroke fairly well. All in all though, I don't see how TW is that much fun with a joystick or keyboard.

Of course Tiger 2010 is now out for Wii.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Punch Out on the Wii yet? I think I might get this one.

I am SOOO waiting to get this one. If I wasn't on a complete spending freeze, I would have bought it by now. Its the first time that I have been excited about a Wii game since near release time.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Punch Out on the Wii yet? I think I might get this one.

I have and trust me its worth it. The only problem with the game is that it seems short - there are 13 guys you face to win the belt and then face them again with the fighters removing their original weakness (ie Glass Joe wears a helmet and King Hippo wears a manhole cover over his gut). Multiplayer is local only.

Still a blast though.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'll have to give that a go

picked up wii ski & board tonight along with the sequel to marbel madness - looks like you can use the balance board for the marble game as well which seems incredibly hard

haven't played them yet though

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next two Wii purchases will be Punch Out and Wii Resort.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nothing to add beyond yes buy lots of Wii games, and buy them from Gamestop.

I own both stocks and I need them to go up so I can get out of them.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I stopped buying wii games months ago. All of their games just become so boring very fast. I only rent and even then by the time I send them back I am already bored with them, including the new Punch Out, beat it the first day, bored the next day.

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I finally got the Wii Mario Kart for my son. It is a lot more fun than Nascar Kart.

I still want to get Shaun White's Snowboarding.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bought Wii Resort. It's fun. My family has fun with it. The Wii Motion Plus add on does make a difference with accuracy. Have to be honest though. It seems like in some of the Wii Resort events, Nintendo didn't get it.

Most 3rd party games on the Wii suck and 3rd party developers couldn't "get" the original Wii remote. The fact that Nintendo screwed up some of the events on their own game doesn't bode well for 3rd party developers IMO.

Despite a few horrible events in Resort, the rest are worth picking the game up for. It's fun.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
World of Goo, which is only available via download from the Wii console will blow you away. My wife and I played it for 3 weeks straight, it is just awesome

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo

World of Goo is truly awesome, but I think you gotta be a nerd to enjoy it. Many of my family members tired of it rather quickly.

Ok, so I finally downloaded this a few days ago thanks to the Pepsi Rock Band promotion.

This game is pretty cool. A lot of lemmings in this game. Fun stuff. Apparently I am a nerd.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is really fun. I don't mind being a nerd, either. I have more fun watching than playing...but I'm like that with almost any game. I do enjoy playing it, though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is really fun. I don't mind being a nerd, either. I have more fun watching than playing...but I'm like that with almost any game. I do enjoy playing it, though.

It was more fun when I started mixing alcohol with it. Everytime I had to start a level over, I had to take a drink.

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
World of Goo is great. I finally got Punch Out! Of course, my 16 year old son is kicking my ass on both games. Actually, all video games.

I still want to get Wii Sports Resort, Donkey Kong (the newer one, we downloaded the original one from the early '80's) and Saun White Snow Boarding.

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I got the Beatles Rock Band for Christmas and love it!

Wii Fit Plus is a nice upgrade for $20. It transfers all the info from the original Wii Fit the first time you put the game in. There is a really cool obstacle course. It's almost like a virtual reality game of Donkey Kong. You can jump to avoid rolling logs, etc.

My son loves the new Mario game.

I still want to get the Wii Sports Resort and the newest Donkey Kong.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got Toy Story Mania for Christmas. I love it! It is very similar to the Toy Story ride at Disney California (which I also love).

Might not be for everyone, but I think kids will especially like it.