Best Wii games?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I want to get some more Wii games for my son and I. So far the ones that get played the most at my house are:

• Rock Band
  • Wii Fit

I want to get Shaun White's Snow Boarding game and Mario Kart.

Any other good Wii games you can recommend?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
World of Goo is truly awesome, but I think you gotta be a nerd to enjoy it. Many of my family members tired of it rather quickly.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
World of Goo is truly awesome, but I think you gotta be a nerd to enjoy it. Many of my family members tired of it rather quickly.

Yes this is true...

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i want to try the new wii ski that either just came out or should be coming out soon - supposed to be really good

marble madness was a game we all enjoyed as well

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
- Super Mario Galaxy
- Legend of Zelda: Twighlight Princess
- Okami

If you like over-the-top violence (for you, not for your son obviously)
- No More Heroes
- Madworld

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Most games are between $5 and $10. $15 is a little up there.

Most games are already Nintendo licensed as they are older games designed for previous Nintendo systems. World of Goo is a game designed independently just for the Wii. It's cheap compared to the CD games, which is really the fair comparison.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most games are between $5 and $10. $15 is a little up there.

Don't discount a game just because you don't have a physical piece of plastic. You are getting one of the most highly regarded games of the year.... just because you download it rather than purchasing it from a B&M doesn't make it any less enjoyable

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Don't discount a game just because you don't have a physical piece of plastic. You are getting one of the most highly regarded games of the year.... just because you download it rather than purchasing it from a B&M doesn't make it any less enjoyable

Agreed - see Braid (360) as another great example

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Went to Wal-Mart over the weekend to buy a Wii points card so I could download World of Goo.

They stopped selling it! At least at the Wal Mart I went to. I bought one there before but it was over a year ago.

Anyway, I decided to just use my credit card and buy the game through the Wii consol. Since I have a wireless internet, I was a little worried doing this.

Anyway, I downloaded it and have been playing World of Goo with my son for the past 3 days. Of course, he is way better at it than I am but we both have a lot of fun playing it.

I ordered Shaun White Snowboarding online and should get that next week. I hope it is as fun as World of Goo!

I plan on checking out Braid (360) and Boom Blocks, too.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Keep 'em coming!

CM

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Okay, just realized that Braid is only on 360 and not on wii.

Boom Blocks looks really cool. I think I will get that one, too along with Mario Kart and Shaun White.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Okay, just realized that Braid is only on 360 and not on wii.

Boom Blocks looks really cool. I think I will get that one, too along with Mario Kart and Shaun White.

My 9 year old son loves the Lego games. Batman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm just aprehensive about paying that much about a game I know little about. As big of a gamer that I am, I don't read many online reviews. I have been burned by DLC in the past, so again, I'm aprehensive.

I thought this was a Wii only title, but I saw it on the shelf at Target last night for PC. Hmm.

OP
OP
Cardsmasochist

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
World of Goo is great and lives up to the hype.

I will be getting NASCAR KART tomorrow. I think it is the same as Mario Kart but with NASCAR drivers and cars.

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone play Tiger Woods on Wii? Just curious - I've read good and bad things about it. Would like an opinion from someone on the board.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I play Tiger Woods 2009 all the time. It's the first TW game I've played and I've really enjoyed it. Putting is the weakest part of the game play IMO and of course it's Wii graphics.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson