Baldur's Gate III

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a thread for this already. Definitely looking like Game of the Year right now, and just last week there didn't seem to be much competition against Tears of the Kingdom for that honor.

Amazing game and experience. And super hard. But it is easily the best game of its kind that is this immersive with D&D rules.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised there isn't a thread for this already. Definitely looking like Game of the Year right now, and just last week there didn't seem to be much competition against Tears of the Kingdom for that honor.

Amazing game and experience. And super hard. But it is easily the best game of its kind that is this immersive with D&D rules.
I think there is major competition this year.

Tears of the Kingdom
Balder Gate 3
Diablo 4
Spiderman 2
Starfield

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these 5 games win it.

I thought about getting it at launch but I will probably wait for the first sale.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think there is major competition this year.

Tears of the Kingdom
Balder Gate 3
Diablo 4
Spiderman 2
Starfield

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these 5 games win it.

I thought about getting it at launch but I will probably wait for the first sale.
I'd be pretty surprised if Diablo 4 won it and I hope Starfield is good but I don't trust Bethesda at this point. I do expect Spiderman 2 to be excellent though.

I fully expect Tears of the Kingdom to take it but that game just isn't for me. I think if FF16 had been able to maintain the pacing it had for the first 2/3 of the game it would be in contention as the peaks in that game are amazing(Titan fight is one of the greatest things I've experienced in a game), it just falls off hard the back 1/3.

Loving BG3 so far and would love to see it win GotY, even started a multiplayer playthrough with some friends and it is a blast.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Balder Gate act anything like Diablo where they force you to create a new character to play new season content? It will be the deciding factor on whether I buy it or not.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does not compute. I don’t know what I’m doing. Lol

It only works if I copy & paste directly from Twitter.com
The bulletin code will have to be changed in order to accommodate the twitter to X change. Until then, manual adjustment will need to be done.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does Balder Gate act anything like Diablo where they force you to create a new character to play new season content? It will be the deciding factor on whether I buy it or not.

It is nothing like Diablo, it is a turn based crpg with heavy focus on role playing/relationship building. The game is feature complete there will not be any season or any live service components like seasons or battle base. Even DLC will be a challenge as there are reportedly ~17,000 different endings so creating new content with all the branching paths will take a lot of work.

If you ever played any old BioWare games(like KOTOR or first Dragon Age) it's similar to that cranked up exponentially.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is nothing like Diablo, it is a turn based crpg with heavy focus on role playing/relationship building. The game is feature complete there will not be any season or any live service components like seasons or battle base. Even DLC will be a challenge as there are reportedly ~17,000 different endings so creating new content with all the branching paths will take a lot of work.

If you ever played any old BioWare games(like KOTOR or first Dragon Age) it's similar to that cranked up exponentially.
Nice. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time getting into this game. I think the story could be good, but the difficulty is really tough. There is little way to level up your characters as there are no random encounters.

I like the D&D aspects to the game, but I don't know if I can even finish it...

OP
OP
Chaplin

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm having a really hard time getting into this game. I think the story could be good, but the difficulty is really tough. There is little way to level up your characters as there are no random encounters.

I like the D&D aspects to the game, but I don't know if I can even finish it...
It's VERY much a D&D game and uses the leveling exactly the same way. You get experience doing many different things, not just from fighting. And it's a very dynamic game, another playthrough will result in different things. I haven't finished it, but I'm thinking of restarting it with a different character, there is also a way to change your character class mid-game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard