ASU vs. Oregon

ndjmc

Do or Do not.
Reaction score
Maybe its a bit early for this, but I must say this...
I just got back from Portland and
Oregon fan is not worried one bit about this game...
This is a win already, no doubt about it...

Portland has the coolest bar I have ever been in....
The Horse Brass Pub....amazing.

ASU is a blip on the radar for Duck fans...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe its a bit early for this, but I must say this...
I just got back from Portland and
Oregon fan is not worried one bit about this game...
This is a win already, no doubt about it...

Portland has the coolest bar I have ever been in....
The Horse Brass Pub....amazing.

ASU is a blip on the radar for Duck fans...

ASU hasn't really done anything yet to merit opposing fans' respect. If that's important, ASU has a chance to start earning respect this week. Washington won't be easy ... probably the second-best team ASU will have faced so far, and definitely the most challenging QB so far. ASU defenses in the past have struggled with QBs who operate outside the pocket. Locker's still figuring out how to throw the ball, but ASU better not give him time to look downfield.

HooverDam

Reaction score
^2nd best team ASU has faced? Who would you say is the best? I think Washington may be the best school ASU's faced so far. I'm guessing you think Colorado is better since they upset OU?

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Agree with above posts. Oregon should feel pretty comfortable today. ASU struggled against Stanford at first, and barely beat Wazzu. If Oregon blitzes 65% of the time, Rudy Carpenter is going to turn the ball over, giving the Ducks the win.

If ASU can figure out how to pick up the Blitz, ASU can officially beat anyone in the PAC-10... however, help is also needed in improving secondary coverage, Brink moved the ball easily through the air at times on Saturday. ASU is not far away, but not real close either... if that makes sense.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^2nd best team ASU has faced? Who would you say is the best? I think Washington may be the best school ASU's faced so far. I'm guessing you think Colorado is better since they upset OU?

It's difficult to say. I guess it comes down to which one key victory was better, UW's over Boise State or Colorado's over Oklahoma. So, yes, I'm learning towards Colorado right now. Definitely a better defense.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah this will defintally be ASU first big test hopefully they come out ready to play and beat oregon, but i'm a little afraid of this game and think ASU will lose a close one by 3 pts or so hopefully i'm wrong :)

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah this will defintally be ASU first big test hopefully they come out ready to play and beat oregon, but i'm a little afraid of this game and think ASU will lose a close one by 3 pts or so hopefully i'm wrong :)
Ummm, I'm pretty sure that the game the week before will be their first "real big test". It is Cal!

HooverDam

Reaction score
Hahaha this is so funny! I go to the UO and I know Kelsi as well! haha i can show you all mad facebook pictures of her! haha

I'm not sure what "Mad" means, but if it means "Super slutty", then yes, do post!

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
After losing to an Oregon school in Baseball NCAA no longer take them for granted... As a FAN!!!!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ASU hasn't really done anything yet to merit opposing fans' respect. If that's important, ASU has a chance to start earning respect this week. Washington won't be easy ... probably the second-best team ASU will have faced so far, and definitely the most challenging QB so far. ASU defenses in the past have struggled with QBs who operate outside the pocket. Locker's still figuring out how to throw the ball, but ASU better not give him time to look downfield.

After seeing the game, Locker is a RB, in my opinion, not a real QB. He hasn't got the touch to be a West Coast QB and Willingham hasn't got a very good record of developing QBs.

ASU seems to adjust quite well defensively to every kind of offense they face. If this game didn't earn opposing fans' respect, eh, who cares?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson