Any Good Computer Games

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
My dad is going on a work trip to Malaysia, and said he could pick up some software to bring back...

Any good computer games I should ask him to get?

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I have been playing a game called "Mafia" that is really good.

Other personal favorites I have played recently:

1) Civilization 3
2) Madden 2004
3) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
4) Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
5) GTA 3

OP
OP
arthurracoon

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by bratwurst
I have been playing a game called "Mafia" that is really good.

Other personal favorites I have played recently:

1) Civilization 3
2) Madden 2004
3) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
4) Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Outcast
5) GTA 3

I was thinking of Madden 2004 and Jedi Outcast II, I look into the others as wel

:thumbup:

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Civilization 3 is a great game - if you like that type of game.

I got it for Xmas back in 2002, and I still play it.

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
If you like complex strategy games:

Europa Universalis II is probably your ticket.
Hearts of Iron with some of the more recent patches is now a decent game as well.

If you want a more dumbed down strategy game then Civ3 or perhaps Medieval: Total War is a good direction to go.

Freelancer is a good space sim/rpg if you are in to that.

Pure RPG there are quite a few good ones, Lionheart has been decent so far, Temple of Elemental Evil just came out and has good reviews, some of the old school titles that are really awesome are Fallout 2, Ice Wind Dale 2, Baldur's Gate 2 etc.

For RTS, I suggest Age of Wonders as probably the best game on the market. Warcraft III isn't to bad but I liked AoW much much much better. Homeworld 2 just came out and its a space based RTS I am d/ling the hacked version atm so I wont know if its any good for a few days.

Also be leary about software from Asia, its full of trojans and nasty bugs. If you have broadband and want games for free PM and I'll point you in the direction you need to go to d/l them.

Cardinal Mike!!

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Free games? Sounds good to me ::D :thumbup: I agree with you somewhat but Warcraft III can get pretty complex when playing online... I didn't care for Freelancer thought it was pretty boring not much of a RPG to me except you got to buy either a fighter or a cargo ship the more kills you got. Things bascially went it a straight line. Lionheart was thought by most to be a poor game. Temple of Elemental evil has been thought of as just being descent to most.

Try out Gamespot to see some good reviews, also look at user reviews. There are some stupid ones but when thousands review it seems to even itself out and you get a pretty good idea how good the game is.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard