Albert Tagged

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN reports that KC is tagging Branden Albert. If true, an indirect impact of this move is that the Chiefs no longer "need" to draft Joeckel (good for us) though it could make it easier for them to trade the pick ( not necessarily good for us - though it could be to a team in love with one of the QB's which could be good or bad depending on you look at it).

Last edited:

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will trade up for the number one pick. There really is no franchise player in the draft his year that teams will make a big trade to get.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Interesting to see what happens now with Dwayne Bowe. He might be the best WR available in free agency.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting to see what happens now with Dwayne Bowe. He might be the best WR available in free agency.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe have reached a 5-year deal, I'm told. Hammering out details

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The Chiefs and Dwayne Bowe have reached a 5-year deal, I'm told. Hammering out details

WTF KIEM?!?!?!? HUMAN SNAIL PART II CAN'T DO ANYTHING AT THE PACE OF THE NFL TODAY?!?!?!?

LSH
TOLER
JOHNSON
GROVES

ALL THESE GUYS ARE WHAT MADE US WHAT WE ARE TODAY!!!!! WHY CAN'T WE GET THEM TO NEW DEALS AND KEEP THIS TEAM TOGETHER?!?!?!?!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
WTF KIEM?!?!?!? HUMAN SNAIL PART II CAN'T DO ANYTHING AT THE PACE OF THE NFL TODAY?!?!?!?

LSH
TOLER
JOHNSON
GROVES

ALL THESE GUYS ARE WHAT MADE US WHAT WE ARE TODAY!!!!! WHY CAN'T WE GET THEM TO NEW DEALS AND KEEP THIS TEAM TOGETHER?!?!?!?!

I'm not sure any of the Cards unsigned players are as valuable and irreplaceable to this team as Bowe is to the Chiefs.

anks106

Registered
Reaction score
And they extended Dustin Colquitt to boot.. their GM has certainly earned a day off.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

LSH
TOLER
JOHNSON
GROVES

You may want to add one of these: :):D;)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Looks like Warmack could go #1

I've been saying this too---imagine a left side of Albert and Warmack---wow---wanna run the ball with Jamaal Charles? Could be the top rusher in 2013 if that's the case.

Reaction score

LSH
TOLER
JOHNSON
GROVES

Lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not a chance.

Still Joeckel, Floyd, or Lotulelei. Winston gets cut, or Albert goes to OG. Heck, they coudl move Joeckel to OG in the short term.

Albert is one of the elite offensive tackles in the NFL today.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2013/word-muth-free-agent-tackles-part-i

Being great at that one play was perfect for Kansas City because they ran the hell out of it, but Albert’s impact in the running game takes a considerable hit if he goes to a team that doesn’t run stretch plays as much. Still, he’s an elite level pass blocker as a left tackle and that carries a lot of value. I think it’s worth putting aside health concerns even if you’re a team that doesn’t run much outside zone but still needs a tackle upgrade. He would be a great addition for the Steelers or Cardinals.

I have no idea what the Chiefs plan to do with their defense. What a weird team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Albert is one of the elite offensive tackles in the NFL today.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/word-muth/2013/word-muth-free-agent-tackles-part-i

I have no idea what the Chiefs plan to do with their defense. What a weird team.

IMO, I think they go with Floyd or Lotulelei but that is just me. JOeckel could still be in the mix if they didn't like what Eric Winston gave them at RT last year. I agree that Albert is a quality LT, but he is only under contract for one more year. I coudl see them grabbing their future LT this year and figuring out what to do with Albert or Winston as they seem to be shorter term options.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Joeckel would still be an excellent choice and give them one of the best OLs in the NFL. Have Joeckle and Albert as your starting OTs. That sure would help QB Alex Smith, WR Dwayne Bowe, & RB Jamaal Charles.

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
Some organizations are ranking Eric Fisher ahead of Luke Joeckel now. There's a real possibility of Joeckel falling to #7.

Chiefs - With Albert tagged, they could possibly be aiming for a defensive player.

Jaguars - Most likely defensive with Gus Bradley in charge.

Raiders - Yet another defensive player to replace Richard Seymour. Don't count out Geno Smith either.

Eagles - Who knows what they have in mind. Probably the most logical spot Joeckel could land.. but do they see him as the #1 LT? Eric Fisher's "athleticism" may be taken into account based on Chip Kelly's style of offense.

Lions - OT is not really a "need", but they could very well take him here if someone like Milliner is off the board.

Browns - No need for an OT here. My bet is that Ray Hortan has his eyes on a pass rusher like Jarvis Jones.

Cardinals - Joeckel!!!!! We can keep our fingers crossed. If not there could always be Warmack available.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I would take Warmack over Joeckel. Matt Kalil was far & away a superior prospect and people think Joeckel is the Next Big Thing, he's not... Fisher is passing him up. I don't think KC was considering him at #1.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think anyone will trade up for the number one pick. There really is no franchise player in the draft his year that teams will make a big trade to get.

I can see Philly trading up for Joekel. Since the 49'rs have 15 picks this draft I could also envision them swapping their 1st with the Chiefs along with one of their 2nd round and either a 3rd or 4th round (Maybe Both) to the chiefs for the #1 spot.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can see Philly trading up for Joekel. Since the 49'rs have 15 picks this draft I could also envision them swapping their 1st with the Chiefs along with one of their 2nd round and either a 3rd or 4th round (Maybe Both) to the chiefs for the #1 spot.

I'd like to see the Niners do something like that. Gives them less picks with which to do damage against us in the long run.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
ESPN reports that KC is tagging Branden Albert. If true, an indirect impact of this move is that the Chiefs no longer "need" to draft Joeckel (good for us) though it could make it easier for them to trade the pick ( not necessarily good for us - though it could be to a team in love with one of the QB's which could be good or bad depending on you look at it).

I assume none of us have a clue as to what QB the Cards like the most. Not that he will be our first draft pick. The only comment I have heard about QBs was when Bill Bidwill had a few positive comments about Kolb sometimes within the past 3 weeks. If he did not plan on keeping him why would he bother to compliment the guy? Is that smoke? If it is I do not see what good it would do us. For a QB who has been in the NFL for 6-7 years and played so little Kolb has really got very rich. I think I read that Wilson will make around $600,000 this year which is just over the minimum and that there will be no redoing of his contract. Interesting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard