Aaron Glenn as head coach?

Feelings about Aaron Glenn as head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Gauging how the board would feel about hiring Glenn as our head coach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm neutral, because to me, he's the candidate who it really depends on the staff he hires. I wouldn't hire him because of his defensive background, but if he can be a 10,000 foot view leader, he might be ok. The team would need a good-great DC, who has complete control of that side of the ball, IMO.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I picked ambivalent, but after some thinking, I'd have more confidence if we hired another college coach.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hiring Aaron Glenn feels like “smartest guy in the room syndrome” all over again.

I can hear Eli from the Royal Tannebaums in my head when thinking about this:

Of course, everyone knows Glenn’s coming from one of the worst organizations in sports and his defenses have been terrible for the last two seasons, but what this coaching hire presupposes is… maybe it wasn’t?

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At the end of the day u need to wait and see what he can do before judge him, on paper not the name (almost) everyone was hoping for but maybe he can get the job done, many great coaches become great after being considered nothing special

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I feel we will be looking for a new coach and a new QB in 2 years. Maybe I'm wrong, but I just don't see this as a winning combination. If kyler fails this next coach will be gone anyways. I don't see how hiring Aaron Glenn addresses this. I'll wait and see but I would probably be the least excited I've been for a season in almost 20 years........and that's saying something.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's 5'-9" so he and I are the same height. Kyler has an inch on us, so there's that.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I don't want it to be VJ (no one should be rewarded for the atrocity that was last season), and only exciting hire would have been Payton, so I'm going to be pretty ambivalent about anyone else. Wouldn't dislike the GM/HC picks, but not a lot to really get excited about given the prospects of next season.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Its crazy how there are still some people who will blindly support our QB.

Its absolute common knowledge that he doesnt study, lacks leadership skills, and most importantly lacks the basic fundamentals to excel at the position..

And now were stuck with him...

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Its crazy how there are still some people who will blindly support our QB.

Its absolute common knowledge that he doesnt study, lacks leadership skills, and most importantly lacks the basic fundamentals to excel at the position..

And now were stuck with him...
What I find interesting is if people knew these traits were present and they found them important, how in
the world do you write a check that will bind you for years? I just don't understand that. If they were not obvious
then....you can finish the sentence

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose