Aaron Glenn as head coach?

Feelings about Aaron Glenn as head coach?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Don't know if he's the best for HC but I love his attitude. Fantastic.

If they hire him, as I've said before, I will give the benefit of the doubt and let the chips fall where they may. - Captain Cliche' reporting.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Its crazy how there are still some people who will blindly support our QB.

Its absolute common knowledge that he doesnt study, lacks leadership skills, and most importantly lacks the basic fundamentals to excel at the position..

And now were stuck with him...
Oh he studies alright!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it? It’s blank for me.
He’s basically saying to hire him if you feel he is the best candidate and for that only. Not because the league is promoting black candidates or for the draft picks given out etc…. He said if you’re not hiring me because you don't think I’m the best then I don’t want it leave me where I’m at…. He’s a fiery guy that’s for sure.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
He’s basically saying to hire him if you feel he is the best candidate and for that only. Not because the league is promoting black candidates or for the draft picks given out etc…. He said if you’re not hiring me because you do t thing I’m the best them I don’t want it leave me where I’m at…. He’s a firy guy that’s for sure.
The Cardinals likely view him as a culture builder. Look at Tomlin with the Steelers. They aren't even running his Tampa 2 concepts that made him a successful coordinator. For years, I viewed him as a fraud who inherited a great roster and the Cowher defensive staff, but his success continued LONG after the Cowher staff was gone. He was a culture builder.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Cardinals likely view him as a culture builder. Look at Tomlin with the Steelers. They aren't even running his Tampa 2 concepts that made him a successful coordinator. For years, I viewed him as a fraud who inherited a great roster and the Cowher defensive staff, but his success continued LONG after the Cowher staff was gone. He was a culture builder.
Can't argue with that. I think he's an arrogant SOB, but he's their arrogant SOB and they love him. I kinda want an arrogant SOB to root for...lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Love that

That is fantastic!

Don't know if he's the best for HC but I love his attitude. Fantastic.

If they hire him, as I've said before, I will give the benefit of the doubt and let the chips fall where they may. - Captain Cliche' reporting.
I dont know if he can be a HC, but I can certainly see why he's killing the interview process.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
& there’s 5 others I would take over him at this moment.
I do like the fact he's from the Sean Payton coaching tree. Plus he was going against Ben Johnson's offense every day.

He went from me hating the idea of him as HC to maybe "meh" at least.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'd take Tomlin's level of success any day.
His success hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years. As of now, he is the ultimate average guy that won't get you the losing records, but will barely get you winning records and might squeak you into the playoffs. He's kind of become Jeff Fisher. He has a much higher profile nationally than in Pittsburgh. The guy just brought Canada back as OC for crying out loud. That would've been the coordinator version of us bringing back Kliffy--or of us retaining VJ as DC.

He's not a bad coach, nowadays, but he's not a great one either. Just bang average.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It is tough to care significantly about any of our options at this point. It is what it is.
Basically the Island of Misfit toys right now...spin the wheel and see what you get. Lou Anarumo and Steichen are the most intriguing of the bunch, but you're taking a big swing on any of these guys.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Dear God have we set the bar low. “OMG!!!!! He said he wants to be hired because people think he’s the best one for the job!!!!! How refreshing and honest!!!!!”

Everyone’s excitement over this video shows how pathetic this coaching search has become.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought Glenn was a lock but that video of him talking about Kyler might be a deal killer.
Most believe the biggest part of this hire is getting kyler back on track.
Brian Callahan might be the best suited to do it. Not saying he’s the right coach or the best candidate.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His success hasn't won a playoff game in 6 years. As of now, he is the ultimate average guy that won't get you the losing records, but will barely get you winning records and might squeak you into the playoffs. He's kind of become Jeff Fisher. He has a much higher profile nationally than in Pittsburgh. The guy just brought Canada back as OC for crying out loud. That would've been the coordinator version of us bringing back Kliffy--or of us retaining VJ as DC.

He's not a bad coach, nowadays, but he's not a great one either. Just bang average.

Hey! Be nice, eh.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I’d like Kyler to watch the part where Glenn says he zero blitzes him more than he has ever before. But we know he doesn’t watch film :/

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Dear God have we set the bar low. “OMG!!!!! He said he wants to be hired because people think he’s the best one for the job!!!!! How refreshing and honest!!!!!”

Everyone’s excitement over this video shows how pathetic this coaching search has become.
yeah you didnt understand that video at all

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It’s amazing to think that Michael Bidwill and Steve Keim interviewed Kliff and Dan Campbell and decided that Kliff Kingsbury was the guy ready to lead an NFL team.

What a couple of dunces.
Maybe he actually bit their kneecaps during the interview

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought Glenn was a lock but that video of him talking about Kyler might be a deal killer.
Most believe the biggest part of this hire is getting kyler back on track.
Brian Callahan might be the best suited to do it. Not saying he’s the right coach or the best candidate.
He knows Kevin Murray personally. He laughed about it. Doesnt mean he agrees with it.