49 best FA PFF

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I believe he should be franchised...... But sometimes in life..... you have to swallow hard as to not fall even further behind.

2 to 3 years from now, 15mm will be underpaid at that position.

Signing him just because he's who we have doesn't seem like smart management.

He's neither good nor reliable. Extending him is just signing up for more of the same.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Disagree.

You have to make good investments. So far DJ has been a bust (partially due to injury) and his outlook is 50/50 at best.

15m in 2 to 3 years is still going to be highly paid. If he busts out/gets injured it will be a disaster.

2015 - Trent Williams got 13.6m (today he is still the 6th highest paid LT avg/year)
2016 - Terron Armstead got 13m (today he is still the 8th highest)
2017 - Russell Okung got 13.2 (today he is the 7th highest)
2018 - Taylor Lewan got 16m (#1).

BTW - those 4 guys have made 14 total pro bowls.

Paying DJ 15m will make him top 3 today and still top 10 in 3-4 years. Zero pro bowls in 5 years.

I hear you....... I would ask that you to wait until the new CBA is ratified. That's why I said 2 to 3 years.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

He's neither good nor reliable. Extending him is just signing up for more of the same.
If you franchise him..... You still have the option to trade him for compensation.

Isn't that what they did with Frank Clark in Seattle? Dee Ford in KC?

Maybe I'm wrong but I think I remember it going down that way.

Regardless..... I would prefer compensation if we have to let him go. But I think all of us need to remember Bobby Massie a bit more than we seem to be.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

And around we go!

There is no young tackle on the market that is better.

2 sacks last year according to your infallible PFF.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And around we go!

I've already posted video of at least 4 sure fire sacks Kyler avoided that would have been on Hump and I only checked 3 games.

Sacks don't mean poo when you have an elite mobile QB and a passing game where 75% of passes are out before a rusher can blink.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And around we go!

Beachum, Glenn or Rieff are certainly not downgrades.

What has age got to do with anything if you are always injured and poor when healthy?

Give me a 29 year old who's average and healthy over a 26 year old who's not.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And around we go!

I've already posted video of at least 4 sure fire sacks Kyler avoided that would have been on Hump and I only checked 3 games.

Sacks don't mean **** when you have an elite mobile QB and a passing game where 75% of passes are out before a rusher can blink.

You dont let guys like him walk...... Period. It's a horrible management style that dooms you to mediocrity.

At least franchise and trade. But you don't let them go for free.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You dont let guys like him walk...... Period. It's a horrible management style that dooms you to mediocrity.

You'd think he was talking about D'Anthony Baptiste.

He is talking about a LT that gave up TWO sacks all year. Humphries was easily the Cardinals best OL. Better to at least franchise and bring in more talent.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Beachum, Glenn or Rieff are certainly not downgrades.

What has age got to do with anything if you are always injured and poor when healthy?

Give me a 29 year old who's average and healthy over a 26 year old who's not.

Up to your ass in crocodiles, you'd be worrying about the flies buzzing around your head.

DJ is a problem only in a fevered mind.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I 100% guarantee you nobody is trading a decent pick for 1 year of Hump on $16.1m. Not a chance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You'd think he was talking about D'Anthony Baptiste.

He is talking about a LT that gave up TWO sacks all year. Humphries was easily the Cardinals best OL. Better to at least franchise and bring in more talent.

Saying Hump only gave up 2 sacks is like saying Hicks had 100 tackles so he must be elite. I don't know how many more times I have to say it. Sacks aren't an accurate measure of performance when you have an elite mobile QB and a passing game where the ball is a hot potato.

Those 23 sacks on Kyler. You think he was running around for the fun of it? You think our O line in total really would have only given up 14 sacks if Kyler was Carson Palmer? Those sacks were just transferred from the O line to Kyler. They are predominantly plays where he had to avoid one Edge rusher and a sack that would have been on a linemen had it been Carson Palmer or Josh Rosen, didn't throw the ball away and got sacked by another. It's not like Kyler had 5 seconds pockets and decided not to pass the ball.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/16/kyler-murray-arizona-cardinals-pressure-sacks/

Also the IRONY. Guys that won't believe PFF grades for Hump because it doesn't suit their narrative but lean hard on the 2 sacks attributed by PFF and the 23 on Kyler.

Up to your ass in crocodiles, you'd be worrying about the flies buzzing around your head.

DJ is a problem only in a fevered mind.

Do my other comments seem to lack nuance and forethought?

Hump has been a below average tackle his whole career. He has one healthy season and gave up 2 sacks because our QB is a tiny ninja and you be like "Oh my gawd! He's so awesome! And he's only 26".

He's trash. Worse. He's injury prone trash. Saying he's better than other trash tackles we had isn't saying much. Having crabs is better than having aids but I wouldn't want either.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay top dollar to be given crabs.

Last edited:

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saying Hump only gave up 2 sacks is like saying Hicks had 100 tackles so he much be elite. I don't know how many more times I have to say it. Sacks aren't an accurate measure of performance when you have an elite mobile QB and a passing game where the ball is a hot potato.

Those 23 sacks on Kyler. You think he was running around for the fun of it? You think our O line in total really would have only given up 14 sacks if Kyler was Carson Palmer? Those sacks were just transferred from the O line to Kyler. They are predominantly plays where he had to avoid one Edge rusher and a sack that would have been on a linemen had it been Carson Palmer or Josh Rosen, didn't throw the ball away and got sacked by another. It's not like Kyler had 5 seconds pockets and decided not to pass the ball.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/16/kyler-murray-arizona-cardinals-pressure-sacks/

Also the IRONY. Guys that won't believe PFF grades for Hump because it doesn't suit their narrative but lean hard on the 2 sacks attributed by PFF and the 23 on Kyler.

Do my other comments seem to lack nuance and forethought?

Hump has been a below average tackle his whole career. He has one healthy season and gave up 2 sacks because our QB is a tiny ninja and you be like "Oh my gawd! He's so awesome! And he's only 26".

He's trash. Worse. He's injury prone trash. Saying he's better than other trash tackles we had isn't saying much. Having crabs is better than having aids but I wouldn't want either.

I certainly wouldn't want to pay top dollar to be given crabs.

As I said: fevered mind!

See a Doctor, you may have chronic coronavirus.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Whether or not D.J. Humphries is going to be a Cardinal in 2020 is as moot a discussion as whether Steve Keim will be GM in 2021.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whether or not D.J. Humphries is going to be a Cardinal in 2020 is as moot a discussion as whether Steve Keim will be GM in 2021.

I don't think it's that certain. I think the fact they apparently opened with an 11m offer tells me they know he isn't worth top money.

Trans tag is possible but I think the odds of a long term deal are 50/50 if Hump is expecting 15m.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think it's that certain. I think the fact they apparently opened with an 11m offer tells me they know he isn't worth top money.

Trans tag is possible but I think the odds of a long term deal are 50/50 if Hump is expecting 15m.

Only someone who couldn't negotiate $5 off a cheap rug in a Marrakech bazaar doesn't know that an $11m opening means they'll pay more.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Again, this is a pretty ignorant post.

1) NFL Contracts at this level (top tier FA/Franchise Tag potential) is about years and guarantees. The AAV is less important than than the structure

2) Even then, an AAV of $11M would place him among the top 15 NFL contracts. The difference between $11M and $13M (which is where I expect the contract to land) is negligible from a cap perspective. $13 million would place him in the top 8 LT contracts.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Only someone who couldn't negotiate $5 off a cheap rug in a Marrakech bazaar doesn't know that an $11m opening means they'll pay more.

I'm a purchasing director numb nuts.

If they think he's worth 15-16m you don't open at 11m. You open at 13-14m. Otherwise your just pissing the guy off and making it less likely he's flexible.

When you open at 11m it means they think he's worth 13 tops.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again, this is a pretty ignorant post.

1) NFL Contracts at this level (top tier FA/Franchise Tag potential) is about years and guarantees. The AAV is less important than than the structure

2) Even then, an AAV of $11M would place him among the top 15 NFL contracts. The difference between $11M and $13M (which is where I expect the contract to land) is negligible from a cap perspective. $13 million would place him in the top 8 LT contracts.

What part of anything you wrote contradicts my post?

And AAV is less important? I think everyone will tell you it's the most important aspect. Gs are crucial too but got to get the AAV first.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson