49 best FA PFF

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Beachum, Glenn or Rieff are certainly not downgrades.

What has age got to do with anything if you are always injured and poor when healthy?

Give me a 29 year old who's average and healthy over a 26 year old who's not.

Glenn played 5 games. Two teams now have looked or are looking to move on from him. He is 30.

Beachum...more sacks allowed on less offensive snaps.

Reiff more sacks allowed on less offensive snaps.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glenn played 5 games. Two teams now have looked or are looking to move on from him. He is 30.

Beachum...more sacks allowed on less offensive snaps.

Reiff more sacks allowed on less offensive snaps.

I'm not sure how many times I have to say sacks aren't an accurate measure of ability.

Also using one year of performance for a 4 year starter isn't a great way to do it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many times I have to say sacks aren't an accurate measure of ability.

Also using one year of performance for a 4 year starter isn't a great way to do it.

So fantasy land PFF grades are? When David Johnson has over 200 yards and 3 TDs against the Eagles and gets an 80 grade, there is something stupid about a grading system.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So fantasy land PFF grades are? When David Johnson has over 200 yards and 3 TDs against the Eagles and gets an 80 grade, there is something stupid about a grading system.

Only if you count grading by 3 analysts and a supervisor that's respected by every coach and player that's inspected it as fantasy land. Then sure.

If DJ did that and got 80 it means he blew numerous pass blocks. Which is no great surprise.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/23/arizona-cardinals-rushing-attack-stats-direction/

Cardinals had really good success running over the left end or left tackle. Top 5 in the league! But DJ Humphries is a bum!! This is why PFF is garbage, they come up with these silly grades that sometimes just don't add up.

I'm done with PFF after the DJ Swearinger signing. They made him out to be a superstar when he was a bum.

They were in the bottom three in the league in all four directions in attempts and dead last over left tackle and over right guard.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They were in the bottom three in the league in all four directions in attempts and dead last over left tackle and over right guard.

Reading comprehension, Britcard.

Dead last in ATTEMPTS, 4th in average, meaning that when they ran to Humphries side, either ofd tackle or left end, they averaged the 4th highest yards per attempt in the league

But you'll counter..but but but....PFF!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading comprehension, Britcard.

Dead last in ATTEMPTS, 4th in average, meaning that when they ran to Humphries side, either ofd tackle or left end, they averaged the 4th highest yards per attempt in the league

But you'll counter..but but but....PFF!

If he's so bloody great why they running that way the least in the league? You run where your best at blocking.

With such a small sample size the average means nothing.

Mohamed Sanu has a career 87% comp percentage, 29 yard average, 50% touchdown percentage and a perfect passer rating. But ain't nobody saying he should start at QB.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interesting stats...through week 15 last year: (still PFF though)

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Interesting stats...through week 15 last year: (still PFF though)

But he's our best linemen. Even though he's 2nd worse pass pro and 2nd worse run blocking. Give the man all the money.

He can lay on a bed of hundred dollar bills while on IR.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do u think we will add a center or one between cole/gaillard is ready to step up?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But he's our best linemen. Even though he's 2nd worse pass pro and 2nd worse run blocking. Give the man all the money.

He can lay on a bed of hundred dollar bills while on IR.

2 sacks. Cardinals ranked 4th best running to either left tackle or left end.

This just further proves how garbage PFF is.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
How does Humphris get a 53 when the Cardinals ranked FOURTH best running off LT?

How much of that is attributed to the RB or play call and defensive formation? Rhetorical question.

Hell, I don't know but its hard to argue that Humprhies is as good as Lewan or Conklin. Eyeball test or PFF rating or Pro Bowl/All Pro awards.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How much of that is attributed to the RB or play call and defensive formation? Rhetorical question.

Hell, I don't know but its hard to argue that Humprhies is as good as Lewan or Conklin. Eyeball test or PFF rating or Pro Bowl/All Pro awards.

Lewan is definitely better. My point is the PFF grade doesnt jive with reality.

How can Humphries be rated below average when the Cardinals were ELITE running to his side of the formation? How does David Johnson get over 220 yards and 3 TDs but get an 80 grade? PFFs grades are subjective and have inherent bias with them.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Lewan is definitely better. My point is the PFF grade doesnt jive with reality.

How can Humphries be rated below average when the Cardinals were ELITE running to his side of the formation? How does David Johnson get over 220 yards and 3 TDs but get an 80 grade? PFFs grades are subjective and have inherent bias with them.

Not arguing with you because I am not the expert. I think PFF is grading each specific play/player.

If any RB could have broke off 220 yards and 3 TD's that day...if DJ failed on blocking, missed holes that could have been longer gains, gave up a sack, etc.
Might be better to have a RB grade broken down by running and blocking grade? IDK. It would probably be better if they provided a more in depth analysis of each players grade (why).

I don't know why they would have bias.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not arguing with you because I am not the expert. I think PFF is grading each specific play/player.

If any RB could have broke off 220 yards and 3 TD's that day...if DJ failed on blocking, missed holes that could have been longer gains, gave up a sack, etc.
Might be better to have a RB grade broken down by running and blocking grade? IDK. It would probably be better if they provided a more in depth analysis of each players grade (why).

I don't know why they would have bias.

The issue is how they value plays. Chandler Jones was ranked 9th as an edge rusher, but lead the league in forced fumbles and was barely edged out for the lead in sacks.

A strip>>>>>>>>>>than one missed running game assignment.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Do u think we will add a center or one between cole/gaillard is ready to step up?
We should definitely add a center, but it's all but a guarantee we won't, and we'll bring back Shipley. They began negotiations on that months ago.

Cole's already been switched around the guard positions and is basically a wasted pick that will only be a backup... Gaillard can't be counted on. He's never played a snap.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We should definitely add a center, but it's all but a guarantee we won't, and we'll bring back Shipley. They began negotiations on that months ago.

Cole's already been switched around the guard positions and is basically a wasted pick that will only be a backup... Gaillard can't be counted on. He's never played a snap.

I think the fact that Cole was being rotated in while other linemen were still healthy dispels this notion.

Shipley still has value as the old smart guy and glue guy on the line. I'd give him a passing grade for his play last year, but the Cardinals need to move on from him soon. Cole is younger and is a much better athlete.