2020-21 Around the NBA Thread

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crazily enough, maybe we ship Paul and a slew of picks to OKC for SGA and they ship Paul to the lakers for whatever they can lift from the lakers.

Suns draft picks are in a lock box thanks to the protection on the first round pick included in the trade for Chris Paul.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Suns draft picks are in a lock box thanks to the protection on the first round pick included in the trade for Chris Paul.

what is the status of our picks and future picks?

do you know? because I sure as hell don’t

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
what is the status of our picks and future picks?

do you know? because I sure as hell don’t

Until the traded pick conveys they can't trade a first round pick until 2027. They can trade #29 on draft day.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
could we just give it to OKC this year?

If we throw in another first round pick. :)

Only joking but I doubt #29 is high on OKC's priority list. We would have to negotiate something.

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’m seeing us giving a first in 2022 but I don’t see any protection or anything on it.

Ronin

The show stopper
Reaction score
Not sure if this vomit or just spitting up from the beer. Anyway ew

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If we are talking about a deal with OKC I’m sure the two could unwind the protection. Dontcha think?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That’s only currently though. After next year’s pick conveys we’re free to trade future picks (assuming we make the playoffs).

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s only currently though. After next year’s pick conveys we’re free to trade future picks (assuming we make the playoffs).

An NBA team is not able to trade consecutive picks. Under these conditions the Suns wouldn't be able to trade the 2023 pick at least until draft day of that year.