2018-19 NAZ Suns/G-League Affiliate Thread

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its nice to see the Suns making use of the G-league for development.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Okobo still has a ways to go running an offense, dribbles up and just hangs out too long way past the 3pt line.

Melton is aggressive and can actually penetrate. The only thing I did not like was him going for hero ball last night against the clippers, might work in g-league but not in nba when you're playing better defense.

It is nice to give this guys minutes in both leagues.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Jean-Charles might be worth a look during the season. He was originally a first-round draft-and-stash for the Spurs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
The NAZ Suns are worse compared to the average D-League team than the Suns to the NBA average.

They are 3-20.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The NAZ Suns are not playing well as Slinslin notes especially with Okobo on the team.

However if one wants to catch a game they play the Erie BayHawks at 3:30 p.m. today.

It will televised on ESPNU.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I missed the Erie BayHawks game but Okobo played well.

Elie Okobo led the way with a career-high 14 assists to go with 21 points, five rebounds and two steals. He earned his second double-double of the season as he bested his 10-assist night from Nov. 13 against the Santa Cruz Warriors. It was the Phoenix Suns’ assignee’s fourth 20+ point game in seven contests with the NAZ Suns.

https://northernarizona.gleague.nba.com/news/suns-cant-break-even-in-vegas-lose-to-bayhawks/

No wonder the Suns called him back.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Naz have won two in a row. Thats five wins on the year, yes five wins they suck worst then the Suns. King is the only NBA talent they have.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Naz have won two in a row. Thats five wins on the year, yes five wins they suck worst then the Suns. King is the only NBA talent they have.

Have you watched them at all? I know they aired games on Youtube in the past but I believe they switched things up and are now on multiple platforms like Facebook, Twitch, and NBA.com. They might still have some on Youtube but I'm not positive.

Has anyone been to one of their games in Prescott Valley? I've been wanting to check it out but I've waited to see if the Suns would send a few players at once. I know King is there but he's been there all year. Okobo and Melton have gone up and down as well but I think they're done assigning them for the foreseeable future. I knew Ayton wasn't going to get assigned there this year but I thought Bridges might when he wasn't seeing minutes early on. Jackson is another guy that I thought might get assigned there to sort of find his game some. They haven't even sent Bender there, which I would have bet on happening before the season started.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is all about having fun and getting some interest going in the NAZ Suns.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The uniforms will be auctioned off online at a later date.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had totally forgot about George King. He should have been called up when JJ went down, maybe even earlier. We don't have Warren, Oubre, or Jackson right now and we could actually use a wing like King who is supposed to be more of a forward than guard. I know a wing is a wing but it's not ideal to run Crawford, Daniels, and Booker together out there, it almost necessitates Bender be kept out there for size at PF. King is 6'6" and 225.

He's played almost all year in the G-League so far, having played in 41 games with 39 of those being starts. I'm sure he has time on Two-Way deal that would allow him to be on the main roster. He's averaging 15.5 ppg on 48% FG shooting with 43.3% shooting from 3pt range and that's while taking 5.1 attempts a game. He's also averaging 5.3 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1 steal a game. He's supposed to be a good defender as well.

I know he's a G-Leaguer but he's depth at this point. We did draft him after all. He only played in 1 game on the main roster and did nothing but he should have some familiarity with Okobo and Melton, which might make them look a little better out there. Not sure why he's not seeing any time because the G-League season is over for the NAZ Suns and even if he were somehow out of dates on the Two-Way deal, days don't count once the G-League season is over. The G-League season officially ended on March 23rd for the NAZ Suns, finishing with a 12-38 record. The playoffs started on Wednesday but they weren't involved so he was free to be called up.

I had forgotten about him entirely until I saw the question asked about why he hasn't been called up asked by the Valley of the Suns fansite. I link that article below. I linked to his stats above where I started listing them. They are touched on briefly in the article but you can see more on BasketballReference and I mentioned more than the article does. Here's their article....

https://valleyofthesuns.com/2019/03/27/why-arent-phoenix-suns-calling-george-king/

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson