2018-19’ College Football Thread...

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out GatorAZ. I have to admit that I was very impressed with Murray's poise, and the Sooners looked pretty scary today.

But we'll know more about OU after next weekend's game against UCLA. Paging Russ Smith! :)

So you used to be "GatorHater"? Where do your college football allegiances lie sir?

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out GatorAZ. I have to admit that I was very impressed with Murray's poise, and the Sooners looked pretty scary today.

But we'll know more about OU after next weekend's game against UCLA. Paging Russ Smith! :)

So you used to be "GatorHater"? Where do your college football allegiances lie sir?

UCLA looks like trash without Rosen today. Oklahoma is going to kill them.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Has then be a normal thing, putting a college football post in the Cards forum?

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NAU with a big win over a FBS team 30-10 over UTEP!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. They really played the best of the best didn't they. :rolleyes: C'mon. A lot of these games today were jokes. Oklahoma playing Florida Atlantic would be like a top ranked high school team playing a pop warner team. This is why college football is a joke and always has been. Teams load up on creampuffs to pad their stats and to keep themselves in the top 10. This is why an honest playoff system is badly needed.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Yeah. They really played the best of the best didn't they. :rolleyes: C'mon. A lot of these games today were jokes. Oklahoma playing Florida Atlantic would be like a top ranked high school team playing a pop warner team. This is why college football is a joke and always has been. Teams load up on creampuffs to pad their stats and to keep themselves in the top 10. This is why an honest playoff system is badly needed.
The big schools always schedule a tune up game...the small schools agree even knowing they are gonna get killed because it brings in their biggest payday of the year....its a win win.......then sometimes the little guys actually win..... Either way that tune up game goes against a teams strength of opponent rating when they are being ranked. The only imbalances in cfb are biases favoring the sec

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, it’s called “tune-up” games. Getting your 1st string in rhythm & backups some PT. That’s what high school football & college football has been like since the day of time. It would be dumb to schedule top 20 teams every single week.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
My Louisville Cards got whipped pretty bad by those Pro-bastards from Alabama.I expected a little closer game (51-14) but UL started a kid RS Soph QB who played maybe 100 snaps last year behind Lamar Jackson and he had the obvious jitters and playing against Bama was a experience.Oh well …….got that game out of the way time to look ahead.

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess Jackson really covered a lot of flaws...
My Louisville Cards got whipped pretty bad by those Pro-bastards from Alabama.I expected a little closer game (51-140 but UL started a kid RS Soph QB who played maybe 100 snaps last year behind Lamar Jackson and he had the obvious jitters and playing against Bama was a experience.Oh well …….got that game out of the way time to look ahead.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I guess Jackson really covered a lot of flaws...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

For the offense he surely did.As for the defense..Louisville failed miserably at stopping Bamaboys at 3rd down.IIRC Bama was 10-15 3rd down conversions.Louisville just doesn`t have the horses to play with the Pros from Bama.Rough night all around.Going to be a tough year for Louisville with all the underclassmen starting and Bobby Petrino`s questionable recruiting,playcalling and he seems to lack the fire he once had.Many fans feel the same... he has grown stale and seems like he really is just marking time to many fans.Just a opinion shared by quite a few fans.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

There's no way you can believe what you just wrote above, so I have to conclude that you're trolling me. Not interested sir.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hard watching LSU with Orgeron as coach. I never quite got over Les Miles leaving. Hopefully they finally have a QB in Joe Barrow, it's been a long drought. Last year it was Etling who was just cut by Pats.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea, it’s called “tune-up” games. Getting your 1st string in rhythm & backups some PT. That’s what high school football & college football has been like since the day of time. It would be dumb to schedule top 20 teams every single week.
Then those games shouldn't count in the grand scheme of things. And apparently not everyone has them. Michigan and Notre Dame played each other. Auburn and Washington, 2 top 10 teams played each other.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then those games shouldn't count in the grand scheme of things. And apparently not everyone has them. Michigan and Notre Dame played each other. Auburn and Washington, 2 top 10 teams played each other.
Who are Auburn, Washington, Michigan, & Notre Dame playing next week?

Also, when those big schools schedule those D2/FCS schools, they pay them a boatload money to help with resources with the school.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NAU played an FBS team!

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you're going to play these cupcake games then the NCAA needs a legit playoff system. The fact that these top tier teams play these cupcakes and stay at the top and end up in the "playoff" is absurd. And I don't get it. The revenue the NCAA would generate with a true playoff tournament would be tremendous and yet they don't do it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
If you're going to play these cupcake games then the NCAA needs a legit playoff system. The fact that these top tier teams play these cupcakes and stay at the top and end up in the "playoff" is absurd. And I don't get it. The revenue the NCAA would generate with a true playoff tournament would be tremendous and yet they don't do it.
so...
really..

you want like 50 rounds of playoffs??

there are lots of college football teams out there.

oh, somebody will "decide" who gets to be in the 50 round playoff?? or the 10 round playoff if you just cut it down to major teams??...if someone is deciding, then we are right back where we started.

could just go with, I dunno...the twenty teams with the best overall record.....

but the quality will suck donkey ass... because you will see lots of small conference teams make the playoff and then get blown out by the bigger teams...
worse yet?? You will see teams like bama and LSU scheduling their entire season against these cream puff teams you dislike so much.....in which case the cream puffs get destroyed, and bama ends the season undefeated.....

top two teams from every conference??

help me out here...we all see you bitching about the system but nobody sees you offering any real solutions..
any solutions that are fair to the hundreds of college teams out there... there are 129 teams just in division 1 NCAA

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Who are Auburn, Washington, Michigan, & Notre Dame playing next week?

Also, when those big schools schedule those D2/FCS schools, they pay them a boatload money to help with resources with the school.

This can't be overlooked. I read recently that what they're paid, pays their entire football expenses for the year. These colleges would no longer have football programs if not for these games.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Numbers before today: 71.5% - 1760 - 14.3 YPA - 21 TD - 0 Int