2018-19’ College Football Thread...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Michigan D coordinator needs to be gone....like yesterday.
They had the #1 defense in the country going into the game.

I think it's more of an indication of how good Dwayne Haskins is. I like Rosen, but as I said early in the year, I'd rather have Haskins going forward.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think it's more of an indication of how good Dwayne Haskins is. I like Rosen, but as I said early in the year, I'd rather have Haskins going forward.
Could also be an indication of Michigan playing nothing but horrific, conservative offenses in the Big 10. I don’t buy Michigan having the #1 defense in the country going into the game.

Let’s not act like Haskins didn’t struggle ever since the Penn State game. He’s more raw than he is ready to be an NFL QB.

Not to mention he’s an Urban Meyer QB so that already worries me.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Could also be an indication of Michigan playing nothing but horrific, conservative offenses in the Big 10. I don’t buy Michigan having the #1 defense in the country going into the game.

Let’s not act like Haskins didn’t struggle ever since the Penn State game. He’s more raw than he is ready to be an NFL QB.

Not to mention he’s an Urban Meyer QB so that already worries me.
yep, those next 3 games after PSU, he was 115 for 161(71.2%) 1337 yards(over 400 in each game) and 11 TD's.

He did struggle at MSU in very bad weather. By his standards, the game against Nebraska was below the norm. But he still threw for 250+ yards and 2 TD's.

He is still on the raw side but his arm and accuracy aren't. He's had 7 games where he completed 73% or better and throws as good a ball I've seen. He needs better pocket awareness but that has improved the last few weeks.

I agree with you about Meyer QB's but he changed his offense to suit Haskins this year and ceded much of the play calling to Ryan Day.

I'd take him over Justin Herbert every day. Hopefully, some team agrees with me and trades a boatload of picks to the Cards to acquire him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yep, those next 3 games after PSU, he was 115 for 161(71.2%) 1337 yards(over 400 in each game) and 11 TD's.

He did struggle at MSU in very bad weather. By his standards, the game against Nebraska was below the norm. But he still threw for 250+ yards and 2 TD's.

He is still on the raw side but his arm and accuracy aren't. He's had 7 games where he completed 73% or better and throws as good a ball I've seen. He needs better pocket awareness but that has improved the last few weeks.

I agree with you about Meyer QB's but he changed his offense to suit Haskins this year and ceded much of the play calling to Ryan Day.

I'd take him over Justin Herbert every day. Hopefully, some team agrees with me and trades a boatload of picks to the Cards to acquire him.
So typical.

He’s not accurate when it comes to deep balls. Checkdowns & intermediate passing, sure. He still needs a lot of work on deep balls.

I’m not high on Herbert so I don’t know if that’s really saying much.

When it comes to being a Ohio Stats homer, at least talk up dudes we actually need like Nick Bosa, Paris Campbell, & Dre’Mont Jones.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
So typical.

He’s not accurate when it comes to deep balls. Checkdowns & intermediate passing, sure. He still needs a lot of work on deep balls.

I’m not high on Herbert so I don’t know if that’s really saying much.

When it comes to being a Ohio Stats homer, at least talk up dudes we actually need like Nick Bosa, Paris Campbell, & Dre’Mont Jones.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a lot more of Haskins than you. He throws a nice deep ball. Sure, he could be more accurate, who couldn't? I'm saying he has more tools than any other QB in the draft and is not a 1 read/RPO type QB.

I'm not biased when talking about them as pro prospects. I think Dre'Mont Jones is overrated. I mentioned Campbell earlier in this thread. Would rather have Oliver over Bosa.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I like Haskins too, but it's the OSU system that MI can't beat. MI plays old fashioned, smash mouth football. Urban O spreads that D out & identifies the weak link & attacks. That said, that's why it was important to know for sure what we had with Rosen. With the garbage offensive staff & OLine, we're only guessing what we have. As good as Haskins is, is anyone even projecting him as a 1st rounder? We can snag him later?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like Haskins too, but it's the OSU system that MI can't beat. MI plays old fashioned, smash mouth football. Urban O spreads that D out & identifies the weak link & attacks. That said, that's why it was important to know for sure what we had with Rosen. With the garbage offensive staff & OLine, we're only guessing what we have. As good as Haskins is, is anyone even projecting him as a 1st rounder? We can snag him later?
Who is “we”?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OU over the OSU for the last playoff spot though, right Cbus? We can all agree on that at least sir? :)

I'm a true fan of both programs! I just find the 54-51 games unwatchable. The great offensive plays are cheapened by the fact that no one seems to care to cover, tackle, etc. Why is OU's defense so piss poor?? Crimson, you seem to be a rabid fan. Do they not recruit defense? Is the coaching on that side of the ball that bad? I loved watching OU when they had a stout D. I'm not saying that they need to shut opponents out, but Alabama might hang 100 on that D.

OSU has had some ugly defensive efforts too, but they do occasionally have games where they show some defensive ability. Not the case with OU. This would be a close game between these 2 teams, but again I hate 65-61 games & that's what it would be. As great as the OU offense is, I think OSU would play just enough D to outlast them. Just my opinion.