Alabama -14

Cotton Bowl
at Arlington, Texas

Notre Dame
Clemson -11.5

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nose guards are not a hot enough commodity on NFL rosters to go that high. Beware Alabama players.
Except he’s not a nose guard.

He plays 3T & 1T, the same Ed Oliver does & will do in the NFL.

Only Alabama players one should be aware of is OTs

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea I forgot basketball is the same exact sport as football where 200-300lb dudes collide & crash into each other every possession when the health risk is increased exponentially.

All college athletes deserve to get paid legally. Try again.

You'll find a certian type of man pulls out the "there getting a free education" argument. Usually those guys aren't happy with life and ended up in careers that don't make enough to justify the money they spent on college.

This ain't the 60s this is a billion dollar industry. Nick Saban makes 11 million dollars a year. I think it was Forbes that did a study and said if OSU was a professional team the football program would be valued at 2 billion dollars.

All generated off what? The backs of young kids. Oh hey kid you tore up your knee? Man that really sucks hey we would love to have you stay here at the school of your parents can afford tuition but we need that scholarship back. We need to give it to a healthy kid we can use.

You think these kids get to stay at the school if they can't play? HELL NO

How anyone is still on the players shouldn't get a piece of the pie argument is beyond me...well I know why

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Anyways.

Draft Quinnen Williams at #2 & don’t look back. Dude damn near didn’t get any help from his front 7 mates a majority of the game & still played good.

He might be the most talented player I've ever seen on defense during this whole nick Saban run and that's saying something.

He's the guy to draft hands down

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You'll find a certian type of man pulls out the "there getting a free education" argument. Usually those guys aren't happy with life and ended up in careers that don't make enough to justify the money they spent on college.

This ain't the 60s this is a billion dollar industry. Nick Saban makes 11 million dollars a year. I think it was Forbes that did a study and said if OSU was a professional team the football program would be valued at 2 billion dollars.

All generated off what? The backs of young kids. Oh hey kid you tore up your knee? Man that really sucks hey we would love to have you stay here at the school of your parents can afford tuition but we need that scholarship back. We need to give it to a healthy kid we can use.

You think these kids get to stay at the school if they can't play? HELL NO

How anyone is still on the players shouldn't get a piece of the pie argument is beyond me...well I know why
Do you know how much tuition costs to go to these big time schools? Ohio St. is north of $40K. Notre Dame is almost $70K. Penn St. is $50K. Stanford is almost $68K. Take Notre Dame. They have 85 players under scholarship. That
s $5.9 million on players getting a free ride. And that's just the football team. And you think they should be paid on top of that? OK, fair enough. Then they get taxed on both their free education and their "salary". Amazing how some people are extremely generous with other people's money.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea I forgot basketball is the same exact sport as football where 200-300lb dudes collide & crash into each other every possession when the health risk is increased exponentially.

All college athletes deserve to get paid legally. Try again.
And basketball players play 2 to 3 games per week and 30 games per season not counting the national tournaments. And if you want college players to be paid then you pay them. Again, another being generous with other people's money. I guess you another who thinks a free full boat college scholarship between $50K and $70K isn't enough.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And basketball players play 2 to 3 games per week and 30 games per season not counting the national tournaments. And if you want college players to be paid then you pay them. Again, another being generous with other people's money. I guess you another who thinks a free full boat college scholarship between $50K and $70K isn't enough.
Do I look like an organization that profits off of kids who aren’t even allowed to sign jerseys without getting in trouble?

Better yet, just don’t reply.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
OMG.

P S. Can't make the stank of a 49-20 loss by OSU against Purdue go away. That Purdue that plays Big 12 style ball.
I didn’t think osu deserved to get in. Hell, the year they won it all Penn St should’ve been in over them.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is tough for ratings when a Big 10 team does not make it in. Big 10 fans travel and view very well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not worried about those games. My wife is a huge LSU fan and I had to worry about getting her tooled up for the Fiesta Bowl. I just spent the last 2 hours on the computer... Game Tix check... airline tix check,.. hotel room check,... rental car check. Never have played golf in that area of town so I'll post for suggestions in another thread.. GEAUX TIGERS

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
scott bordow‏Verified account@sbordow 23m23 minutes ago
QB Justin Herbert just announced he's returning to Oregon for senior season. Likely doesn't affect Cardinals' ability to trade down. Nick Bosa is widely viewed as No. 1 pick.

Seems Herbert's brother is an incoming Freshman T E @ Oregon and Justin wants the chance to play with him. Sounds strange. Maybe someone told him he would not be a Top 10 1st round draft choice. Most likely.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Houston set to fire Major Applewhite"

Looks as if that co ed affair may have caught up with him.:devil: