2015 NFL Free Agency Thread

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But... not to long after they also posted this about Gore

Eagles reportedly want Frank Gore
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/eagles-reportedly-want-frank-gore/

Of course, they’ve had months to keep him around; it’s obvious Gore wants more than the 49ers want to pay. So the 49ers apparently will see what his market is before making a final decision.

On the previous article MCD posted the funniest comment came at the top and was a Whiners fan rightfully complaining about Jed York
“We want him back,” York said. “I think he wants to be here. I know he wants to be here. And I think we’ll figure out a way to do it. We’ll definitely try. I think we’ll figure out a way. That’s my feeling.”

This is from the man at the top, this is what they call leadership now in Santa Clara.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Woah...

Chris Mortensen @mortreport
Ndamukong Suh will sign with #Dolphins on Tuesday based off parameters around $114 million and $60 million guaranteed, per sources.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Per @mortreport: Barring breakdown in formal contract negotiations, Ndamukong Suh will sign with Dolphins. Deal around $114M, $60M gtd.

Crazy......
Chris Mortensen @mortreport
Suh also will get $60 million in first 3 years of 6-year contract, based on parameters set between #Dolphins and Suh's agent, Jimmy Sexton.

Last edited:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He's got 44 tackles and 2 sacks in 4 seasons as a defensive end. No thanks.

He is a 6-4 315lb DE in a in a 2 gap 3-4 defense. Just like sack stats for a NT stats don't tell the whole truth.

What are his run stuffing numbers?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suh makes that Dolphin defensive front scary but damn that's a lot to comit to one player not playing QB

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is a 6-4 315lb DE in a in a 2 gap 3-4 defense. Just like sack stats for a NT stats don't tell the whole truth.

What are his run stuffing numbers?

Can't be much with 44 career tackles. That's an average of 14.5 tackes per full season. If they can get him dirt cheap, fine but I wouldn't pay for him.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Can't be much with 44 career tackles. That's an average of 14.5 tackes per full season. If they can get him dirt cheap, fine but I wouldn't pay for him.

He was on the IR his rookie year after being outstanding in the pre-season until his injury.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
He's got 44 tackles and 2 sacks in 4 seasons as a defensive end. No thanks.

I think we need to go back to the original information. First he has only played in 3 seasons not 4, his rookie year was on IR. Second he has 75 total tackles.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14019/jarvis-jenkins

I have never actually seen the guy play, but the point remains the same, putting tackles and sacks stats on a run stuffer does not tell the story of their effectiveness. What scheme were they in, where they asked to attack or control gaps and linemen, how many times did they effectively control their gaps, and so on?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I think we need to go back to the original information. First he has only played in 3 seasons not 4, his rookie year was on IR. Second he has 75 total tackles.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14019/jarvis-jenkins

I have never actually seen the guy play, but the point remains the same, putting tackles and sacks stats on a run stuffer does not tell the story of their effectiveness. What scheme were they in, where they asked to attack or control gaps and linemen, how many times did they effectively control their gaps, and so on?
I remember him when he was doing the pre-draft workouts and he looked very good. He was big and quick. I don't know what tolls his injury had on him but he could be a good option at NT.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Byron Maxwell signs with Philadelphia for 5 year $53 million with $25 million guaranteed.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Mike jureki
Hearing the*#AZCardinals*have interest in OLB Brian Orakpo, 6'4, 257, turns 29 in July. He tore his pectoral muscle in 2012 & 10/19/2014.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Mike jureki
Hearing the*#AZCardinals*have interest in OLB Brian Orakpo, 6'4, 257, turns 29 in July. He tore his pectoral muscle in 2012 & 10/19/2014.
They should have interest in every pass rusher available.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Orakpo's injuries were above the belt so it shouldn't limit his explosivness. Adding him with Weatherspoon is risky but the talent of the defense would be top-3 in the league.

thephoenixson28

All Star
Reaction score
Hearing the Cardinals are front runners for Peterson. That's why Darnell dockett was released

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/49ers-now-think-theyll-lose-gore/

49ers now think they’ll lose Gore

Per Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the 49ers believe they’ll be losing Gore to another team. It has prompted the 49ers to begin looking at the free-agency market for potential replacements.

But on the flip side

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/08/49ers-look-like-frontrunner-for-torrey-smith/

49ers look like “frontrunner” for Torrey Smith

Aaron Wilson of the Baltimore Sun reports that the team that there’s mutual interest in getting deal done and that the 49ers are considered the “frontrunner” to sign Smith. Adam Caplan of ESPN reports that the Colts and Texans have also shown interest, but that the feeling is that the two sides will agree on a contract unless Smith’s price tag skyrockets in the next two days.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Chargers sign Brandon Flowers to 4 year, $36 million contract.