2015 NFL Free Agency Thread

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Chargers supposed to have a deal in place with Orlando Franklin G from Broncos.I know he was mentioned as a possible Card target.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Miami was not a defensive tackle away from being a Super Bowl team. Obviously they didn't learn from throwing stupid money at Mike Wallace. Now they are over the cap and still have a handful of vacancies to fill. The Dolphins are competing with the Raiders for worst run franchise. And it won't get better next year as Tannehill is going to expect to get (over)paid.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Miami was not a defensive tackle away from being a Super Bowl team. Obviously they didn't learn from throwing stupid money at Mike Wallace. Now they are over the cap and still have a handful of vacancies to fill. The Dolphins are competing with the Raiders for worst run franchise. And it won't get better next year as Tannehill is going to expect to get (over)paid.

I thought the Dolphins where one of the teams with a lot of cap space this off season

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Byron Maxwell signs with Philadelphia for 5 year $53 million with $25 million guaranteed.

Maxwell needs to give 3/4 of his salary to Earl Thomas. Kam and Sherman. Big contract for a #2 CB.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we need to go back to the original information. First he has only played in 3 seasons not 4, his rookie year was on IR. Second he has 75 total tackles.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/14019/jarvis-jenkins

I have never actually seen the guy play, but the point remains the same, putting tackles and sacks stats on a run stuffer does not tell the story of their effectiveness. What scheme were they in, where they asked to attack or control gaps and linemen, how many times did they effectively control their gaps, and so on?

I disagree to some extent, putting stats, like # of tackles, on a run stuffer is fair. There aren't any stats on getting stood up by linemen or # of blocks shed, so a tackle stat on a run stuffing player is fair.

Having said that it just really depends on the teams he was playing against, and whether or not he was supposed to get past a blocking FB or a linemen or both. If he's playing against teams using a good FB with a good guard who can either pull or get to the second level you're tackle #s on runs are going to suck.

Good inside defensive players almost always have good tackle #s though. It's a fair measurement.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Perhaps, but their defense was good before and now it's above average or great. They're going to win some games man.

I don't know why you say they're poorly run, they've actually exceeded expectations in my mind the past few years.

To me, they're like what we had when we had a good or above average D with no QB, and their QB is better than what we had. They'll win games.

(edit: I should also add, a defensive HOF tackle like a John Randle or meaner, like Suh, is absolutely worth it. I know everyone hates Suh, but to me he's a throwback player, maybe 20 years ago or more, stomping on dudes and hating on QB's.

In today's society all these players are so polite and go to parties together, even after losing to the other dude I mean wtf, and love one another and I love a dude like Suh, ready to stomp your face in the dirt. Ready to get his hate on. Sure he's dirty sometimes, but you know what, most of the players we all love in the NFL from days gone by were dirty or played dirty. I love me a dude who just does it and says F you to the other team, the refs, the commish. The man got paid, because he wants to win. Period)

***I should win for the longest edit ever***

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Suh will stabilize the locker room there lol
And what evidence do you have that they have a locker room problem? Some crap from two years ago maybe, and both players are gone. Lol

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maclin to KC lol....Alex Smith can't even get him the ball.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maclin to KC lol....Alex Smith can't even get him the ball.
He's a good addition IMO. Need someone to stretch the field with Charles. Alex Smith isn't as bad as people make him out to be. He's just overly cautious with the football. Maybe with someone to stretch the field he'll be better.

Frankly, SF probably wins a SB with Smith if they don't switch to Kaep. Smith at least liked Vernon Davis and Crabtree. He's won playoff games. Kaep = Nada.

Last edited:

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
He's a good addition IMO. Need someone to stretch the field with Charles. Alex Smith isn't as bad as people make him out to be. He's just overly cautious with the football. Maybe with someone to stretch the field he'll be better.

Frankly, SF probably wins a SB with Smith if they don't switch to Kaep. Smith at least liked Vernon Davis and Crabtree. He's won playoff games. Kaep = Nada.

Except Kaepernick has four playoff wins to Alex Smith's one playoff win.

Smith is basically a high end game manager, can't see the niners winning a title with him. The Kaepernick thing hasn't totally worked out but they were right to give it a try over sticking with Smith.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Except Kaepernick has four playoff wins to Alex Smith's one playoff win.

Smith is basically a high end game manager, can't see the niners winning a title with him. The Kaepernick thing hasn't totally worked out but they were right to give it a try over sticking with Smith.
Fair enough. Smith played well in both losses though, I had forgotten they lost those games.

What's interesting is that while looking up those #s, there's this:

Carson Palmer is 10th in win/loss records, something I had no clue of.

http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html

It's irrelevant to your point, but something I found interesting.

We have a good QB if we can keep him protected.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Kaep who QB's the 49ers into the Super Bowl and had them within 1 win of going back?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Kaep who QB's the 49ers into the Super Bowl and had them within 1 win of going back?
Indeed. Same dude. I'm not of a fan of Kaep. He does have a laser arm, and runs extremely well, but I don't think he's a franchise player, nor do I think he could have won a SB over Alex Smith when they replaced him. Smith would get them to and win that SB. He's a smart, team player and doesn't make mistakes. At the time they made that move, no. I still don't think Kaep is as developed a player as Smith.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
McCourty will be resigning with the pats....have no clue how they fit revis in now. The numbers on the deal haven't come out but here in NE the numbers appeared to be in the 7 per range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
McCourty will be resigning with the pats....have no clue how they fit revis in now. The numbers on the deal haven't come out but here in NE the numbers appeared to be in the 7 per range

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revis may end up back with the Jets. And if he does, I doubt they also pick up Cro, so that may put him back in play for us.

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Charles Robinson @CharlesRobinson
So there's this. RT @JaysonBraddock BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block. Taking offers.

So yeah this might be a thing

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort