2014 Arizona Wildcat Football

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's just bitter. After all almost every ASU fan on this board had somehow convinced themselves that despite losing four games last year that they had entered the ranks of the elite while UofA had descended to New Mexico State level. Its why ASU has such a disgruntled fanbase, lack of understanding of the reality of their program.

The reality of the ASU program is that it has now beat USC, and UofA, 2 straight years now. Not too shabby, and shows our program is heading in the right direction.

I expect the Territorial Cup this year to be an all out war. Your team has been very impressive.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The reality of the ASU program is that it has now beat USC, and UofA, 2 straight years now. Not too shabby, and shows our program is heading in the right direction.

I expect the Territorial Cup this year to be an all out war. Your team has been very impressive.

I can see the team coming out of the south with two and even maybe 3 loses. The UofA/ASU game could look like last night's Cal/WSU game.

Last edited:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

And your point is? ASU is still the same team that got 62 dropped on them by UCLA ten days ago and UA is still the same team that barely survived a garbage UTSA team. Of course ASU as you mentioned has beaten USC twice in a row while we have beaten Oregon twice in a row. The truth as always lies somewhere in the middle.

My point I was making was that Hoover and others were pursuing a narrative all offseason and into the season where ASU was such a great program whereas Arizona was in the dumps which really isn't true on either front. Neither program has the horses especially on defense (both teams are horrid defensively) to be considered among the greats right now but both are definitely trending upwards. But right now we're both just solid quality programs, nothing more and nothing less.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Votes ranged from 2 to 19.

The question is how do we respond against USC?

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guess Vegas thinks we will lose to USC, the Trojans are favored by 3.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you all have a game this weekend? Haven't heard much about the #10 team in the Nation.

:)

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Do you all have a game this weekend? Haven't heard much about the #10 team in the Nation.

You do realize that most of us UA fans have far better options out there for discussing our teams. Boards not overpopulated with ASU homers like yourself. :D

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep, and you can't reveal any state secrets here of course.

For whatever reason, I still frequent these boards and always hope for more discussion of the ASU and Arizona college teams.

I take it that you all are really really fired up, but just not saying anything.

Frankly, I like your chances against USC. They seem a bit down in the mouth and your team is riding high. Emotion plays a big factor in these games.

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score

For whatever reason, I still frequent these boards and always hope for more discussion of the ASU and Arizona college teams.

I take it that you all are really really fired up, but just not saying anything.

Frankly, I like your chances against USC. They seem a bit down in the mouth and your team is riding high. Emotion plays a big factor in these games.

Trust me. We're pretty fired up. :) The crowd should be a big factor Saturday, there will be a standing room only, capacity crowd. UA fans are pretty happy right now, but I think we're also really cautious about getting our hopes up. UA puts the beat down on a highly ranked team almost every year, only to follow that up by crapping the bed the next week.

A victory Saturday and all things become possible (to at least realistically dream about). If that happens I'm sure you'll see a lot of UA folks come out of the woodwork...

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Yea, The win against Oregon was a nice win but it won't mean much if they don't follow it up with a good effort at home this week.

The AP poll means less than nothing right now.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
We're over ranked and the only way we can validate #10 is to beat USC

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score

There are a number of UofA message boards that dwarf ASFN in activity and membership. Those are the best ones.

I'm cautious about this USC game, as I can easily see it going either way. Either Arizona is truly a Top 10 team and USC is dejected by the ASU hail mary loss, or Arizona gets lost in its own press clippings and USC catches the team napping.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Considering our insanely good basketball team that is preseason #1 or #2 and features at least two lottery picks has barely been discussed, that should tell you all you need to know about the fanbase being excited.

Unlike the ASU homers based on the program's history we know to take it one game at a time and not to prematurely get delusions of granduer less than halfway through the marathon.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, the U of A kicker missed 3 field goals tonight and missed the game winner. :(

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Kicker choked, but red zone inefficiency cost us. 4 trips in 1st half with 6 points to show for it. One touchdown in the first half and it's a different story.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Agree.. I think we showed we are a pretty good team but not great team.. pac south is wide open!

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, The win against Oregon was a nice win but it won't mean much if they don't follow it up with a good effort at home this week.

The AP poll means less than nothing right now.

Arizona beating Oregon was a signature win. That cannot be taken away. It sounds like Arizona should have beaten USC except for missed FGs. The PAC 12 is crazy.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arizona beating Oregon was a signature win. That cannot be taken away. It sounds like Arizona should have beaten USC except for missed FGs. The PAC 12 is crazy.

Oregon is starting to get their injured offensive linemen back and they look like a different team. They had three of them out against Arizona. They got their LT back against UCLA and they were blowing them off the line. The final score does not reflect how badly they beat up on UCLA. I am expecting the Ducks to win out in the regular season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard