2014 Arizona Wildcat Football

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If not for that stupid missed field goal at UCLA, the Cats would be playing Oregon for the national playoff, at 11-1.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If not for that stupid missed field goal at UCLA, the Cats would be playing Oregon for the national playoff, at 11-1.

1) it was against USC

2) we had so many close calls all season long. Fortunately, most went our way

3) we are still in contention for the CFB, but we need help, obviously

Here are the games and outcomes that would help exponentially:

Ole Miss over Mississippi State
Florida over Florida State
Michigan over Ohio State
Texas Tech over Baylor
Georgia Tech over Georgia
Bama over Auburn (so the committee doesn't get cute and sneaks in Auburn towards the top)
Penn State over Michigan State

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
1) it was against USC

2) we had so many close calls all season long. Fortunately, most went our way

3) we are still in contention for the CFB, but we need help, obviously

Here are the games and outcomes that would help exponentially:

Ole Miss over Mississippi State
Florida over Florida State
Michigan over Ohio State
Texas Tech over Baylor
Georgia Tech over Georgia
Bama over Auburn (so the committee doesn't get cute and sneaks in Auburn towards the top)
Penn State over Michigan State

Man those are LONG odds... I would say Ole Miss, Florida and Bama are your best chances for wins... But that won't be enough...

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Man those are LONG odds... I would say Ole Miss, Florida and Bama are your best chances for wins... But that won't be enough...

Doesn't have to all happen. A few of those would do the trick, and the three you reference would actually be enough. The Committee is dying to find a reason to drop FSU.

Zona will be ranked between 7-9 on Tuesday. A victory over Oregon would put us at 5 without any help.

Only a few of those would have to happen to clear a path for us to get in.

Last edited:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nick Wilson retweeted
desert dawg @Desertdawg777 · 1h 1 hour ago
Sick ass game yesterday, get'em!! @All_Day_JR_28
0 replies 1 retweet 2 favorites
Reply Retweet1 Favorite2

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
TJ, are you planning on going to Levi's Stadium for the game?

Would love to, but obviously short notice and I have to work.

I live 6 hours from the Bay, so it's not like I could just drive there afterward.

:bang:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
#8 UCLA down
#9 UGA down

Looks like Ole Miss is going to take down Miss St as well. And Georgia Tech too care of Georgia in a crazy game...
Florida giving Fla. St all they can handle. They missed two FG's that would've actually given the Gators the lead...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
UA wide receiver Grant cited on suspicion of DUI

http://tucson.com/sports/ua-wide-re...cle_1e9f158a-7826-11e4-91f2-fbb65a0962c9.html

Arizona Wildcats wide receiver Samajie Grant was cited on suspicion of driving under the influence early Saturday morning, hours after helping the UA to a 42-35 win over rival Arizona State.

Grant will not start in Friday's Pac-12 Championship game against Oregon, coach Rich Rodriguez said in a statement this evening.

“We were notified earlier today of an issue involving Samajie Grant. After communicating with Samajie, local law enforcement and our athletics administration, we’ve decided that the appropriate form of action is to make sure Samajie receives counseling and takes part in community-service activities," Rodriguez said. "We’re disappointed in Samajie’s decision-making, but we expect this to be an isolated incident and he won’t be starting in the Pac-12 Championship game."

Grant failed a field sobriety test, said Deputy Tom Peine, a spokesman for the Pima County Sheriff's Department. Grant cooperated with authorities and was cited and released at the scene, Peine said. Grant was pulled over by a deputy on the DUI enforcement unit that was patrolling the area of North Campbell Avenue and East Sixth Street, Peine said.

The deputy noticed a Chevrolet Camaro traveling west on Sixth Street and turning north onto Campbell, Peine said. The deputy observed a vehicle with the license plate lights not working and observed behavior of a possibly impaired driver, he said.

The deputy conducted a traffic stop near Campbell and East Third Street and noted seven people in the vehicle. He also smelled marijuana from the car, Peine said.

Grant was identified as the driver and was asked to exit the vehicle, Peine said.

After failing the field sobriety test, probable cause was found to cite and release Grant for driving under the influence of drugs, minor in possession of spirituous liquor, person under 21 in physical control of a motor vehicle with spirituous liquor, and driving without a valid operator’s license, Peine said.

The vehicle was impounded because Grant didn’t have a driver’s license, Peine said.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
A little too hard indeed. I'm impressed they got 7 people inside a Camaro though.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
A little too hard indeed. I'm impressed they got 7 people inside a Camaro though.

I drive a Camaro. I looked inside of it last night and was like, "how the hell did he fit 7 in here?" I feel bad making someone sit in the back row.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We're 14 point dogs. Going to take a pretty huge effort from us to win three in a row against the likely Heisman winner and #1 overall pick.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Looks like we're ranked 8th.

What do you guys reckon our chances are against Oregon?

CFPC will have us #7. They seem to love us more than the AP and Coaches.

As for the game itself, we're going to have to play flawless to win. I know UO did not want this matchup because they've scored a combined 40 points in 2 games against us, but they are the superior team with the best player in college.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM. Pac 12 South Champs! Man I would love to recall some of those ol RichRod/TG debates we had last couple years where I looked bad after last years blow out but now looking pretty prescient.

Always knew TG short term fixer vs RichRod Long Term plan.

Now we see the fruits. Good to have these games competitive.

But I am more than okay whooping a worthless ASU team time and time again if needed.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
CFPC will have us #7. They seem to love us more than the AP and Coaches.

As for the game itself, we're going to have to play flawless to win. I know UO did not want this matchup because they've scored a combined 40 points in 2 games against us, but they are the superior team with the best player in college.

As you well know I have been on Mariota for 2+ years now. Thats my guy.

I would advise the Cardinals to send 2 first rounders and a third to Oakland the day after the season to go get that pick. Dude has the goods.

As for this weeks game. Well see. Im glad its neutral field and we play them well because our coach invented the spread essentially and we practice against it every week. Tough to beat a team like Oregon three times in a row.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you well know I have been on Mariota for 2+ years now. Thats my guy.

I would advise the Cardinals to send 2 first rounders and a third to Oakland the day after the season to go get that pick. Dude has the goods.

As for this weeks game. Well see. Im glad its neutral field and we play them well because our coach invented the spread essentially and we practice against it every week. Tough to beat a team like Oregon three times in a row.

Damn it feels good to be a gangster

Yep. He's gonna shred up the Wildcats Friday too. He has a healthy line unlike he had earlier in the season when they played AZ. Entirely different Oregon team than the last time they played. Best of luck.... I'll be stress free until Sunday because I'll be doing the same thing as ASU on Friday.....NOTHING! :p

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
True.

At least we've got an almost guaranteed ticket to the Rose Bowl.

No we don't. The Rose Bowl is part of the playoff system this year; therefore, the only way to get to the Rose Bowl is to win against Oregon and have chaos ensue for the teams ahead of us to get into that Top 4.

We do, however, have a solid chance at either the Fiesta or Cotton bowls, both of which are considered top-tier bowls.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Fiesta was never really an option for ASU and UA. No travel revenue into the Valley. Winner was likely going to Cotton Bowl assuming playoff doesn't happen.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson