2010 Offseason Article on Kolb

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
http://articles.philly.com/2010-09-06/sports/24999155_1_kevin-kolb-art-briles-eagles-coach-andy-reid

Interesting read. I read this in 2010 on a trip to Philly and wanted to find it online to share . Makes me feel good about out chances against Philly this season as seems like the guy remembers when he is doubted.

Some excerpts:

"He's good at it because he's quick-twitch muscle," Briles said. "His brain to his hand happens real fast. It's not, 'I need to throw now, ball's out.' Through intelligence comes confidence and recognition, and through recognition comes release."

When Kolb came back full-time the next year, he had earned the team's admiration.

"In football, a lot of times, the pretty boys all dress together," Copeland said. "So you have the running backs and the wide receivers getting dressed in one corner of the locker room, while you had the offensive lineman getting dressed in another. Kevin dressed with the O-linemen. He knew whose respect he had to earn. He knew who protected him."
During his senior year, in which he threw for more than 2,700 yards and tossed only three interceptions, Kolb had a dozen scholarship offers and committed to Oklahoma State.

Not everything in there is rosy though:

The Cougars finished 7-6 with a bowl appearance and Kolb putting up some of the best passing statistics - 3,131 yards, 25 touchdowns - in the country. There was a lull the next two seasons - a combined 9-14 mark - but Kolb rebounded his senior season, throwing for 3,809 yards and 30 touchdowns against four picks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I have two reasons to think we have a good chance to beat Philly this year,......the first is simple history, we have always played hard against the eagles, with a few exceptions.....the other, is Kolb.
He is going to want to show them they made a mistake, and if he takes over this team by then, the team is gonna want to beat Philly for him......add to that the knowledge of their playbook he is sure to be sharing with our coaching staff, and I think we have a solid shot in that game no matter how many blue chips they sign.

Heap could give us an edge against Baltimore too...not so much on the field per se, but with his knowledge of the offense, the audibles, etc.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Very interesting read! Great to read about KK's competitiveness and work ethic. Hopefully he is an anxious to reward Whis' faith in him as he was in high school and at Houston.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard