11-12 playoffs

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kind of late, but oh well, suns season is over anyway.

so, i have a little conspiracy theory...
the NBA wants to lebron to win a title this year. i expect him to get more and more calls, where it becomes to the point such that you can't breathe on the guy.

and right now kobe is saying he has a stomach ailment. i don't now if any of you see it this way, but whatever, it seems like he just tries to emulate Jordan. it just seems like he comes down with whatever injury/illness and then plays on. like now, there's a game time decision on whether he's going to play in tonights game against the nuggets.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
and right now kobe is saying he has a stomach ailment. i don't now if any of you see it this way, but whatever, it seems like he just tries to emulate Jordan. it just seems like he comes down with whatever injury/illness and then plays on.

He seems to use this tactic as a trick to increase his motivation.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
looks like birdman has been looking at the kiddies

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
joe johnson is overpaid. guy just isnt worth his contract, a contract which says he should be carrying his team, which he isn't.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Doc Rivers coach makes me feel slightly better about losing out on Rondo... in a backwards way.

Rivers is constantly coaching players up, constantly teaching, even right after the buzzer sounded of a win. Rondo seems very moody and temperamental. You put him at 20 years old trying to stay out of Mike's dog house... good luck. Some types of players thrive with Mike but I have a feeling Rondo's career would have gone no where here.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
celtics lucked out, daniels fouled horford there before atlanta inbounded the ball.

asudevil83

Reaction score
looks like birdman has been looking at the kiddies

Birdman had another person living with him. there is a 50/50 chance that he is cooperating with authorities .

but alas.....he's already been attached to the crime and is guilty by association in the public's mind.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
kobe the cheap shot artist strikes again, slams faried on the head

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know I've said it before... but watching Faried kills me. I wanted him on the Suns so bad, and he has turned out much better than I thought he would.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i know he's only a rookie, but he does make some bonehead plays sometimes. hopefully he matures on the court. but overall, hes been good and solid.

Michael

The buzz is back!
Reaction score
I felt terrible for Chicago. They played great all season, only to lose their best players when it mattered most. The exit due to two missed free throws after will be tough to swallow. I hope they'll stay intact. It's a great team to watch. No egos, great sharing of the ball and fantastic team defence.

Now with the Bulls out, I'll go for the Clippers.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was rootin for the bulls too. I did like the clips early in the season as they are finally a good team for once. BUT lately it seems like they're just a bit thuggish and griffin just seems to rub you in the wrong way. It seems like he's kind of a dick.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I was rootin for the bulls too. I did like the clips early in the season as they are finally a good team for once. BUT lately it seems like they're just a bit thuggish and griffin just seems to rub you in the wrong way. It seems like he's kind of a dick.

You know, I thought I was the only one who felt that way. To me, Griffin is right up there with Kobe and LeBron on the list of biggest douchebags in the NBA. Paul used to be one of my favorite players, but after how he handled himself in New Orleans before he got traded, I don't like him either. Martin is a thug, and I could never stand him anyway. Butler and Billups are the only players I even remotely like on that team.

I actually dislike the Clippers so much that I would root for the Lakers or even Miami against them.

OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
anyone ever watch kobe when he "hangs" in the air? about 3/4 of the time its traveling. he'll actually land just before getting rid of the ball.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheesh, so much for the Rudy Gay superstar label. Dude disappears in huge games.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
As soon as I saw that Joey Crawford was officiating, I turned it off. It meant that the league had decided on a Clipper victory.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
As soon as I saw that Joey Crawford was officiating, I turned it off. It meant that the league had decided on a Clipper victory.

Are you kidding me? The whole series was heavily favored for the Grizzlies.
A tech foul on Evans on a hi-five was the most obvious call of the series.
We won despite the fact that the refs were handing the Grizzlies the series.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you kidding me? The whole series was heavily favored for the Grizzlies.
A tech foul on Evans on a hi-five was the most obvious call of the series.
We won despite the fact that the refs were handing the Grizzlies the series.

That technical foul was pretty ridiculous.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I hate you clay bennett for making, even in passive fashion in a passing moment for rooting for the lakers

The only good outcome I could see for this series is that Clay starts thinking of what could be, so he sneaks into the ford center to admire the sonics western banners and the building just collapses

He someone survives as I wouldn't wish him dead ... but the event traumatizes him so he sells off the team and goes broke in the near future

I know it's far fetched - but just illustrates how crappy the real outcomes of this series are.......

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That technical foul was pretty ridiculous.

yeah, but referees generally swallowed their whistles for the entirety of games 7. The worst part of it was listening to Jeff Van Gundy talk about how great it was that they were letting the players decide the outcome. I just wanted to reach through the TV and strangled his scrawny little neck. If they aren't calling obvious fouls and letting the teams wrestle each other up and down the court they are still affecting the outcome of the game. They are just making it more unbearable to watch along the way.

That said, even though I don't like the Clippers a small part of me would like to see the San Antonio Spurs, who now thrive on the open, free-flowing offensive game, get beaten because the referees won't call any fouls.

By the way, I have no sympathy for Reggie Evans. He is hands down my least favorite player in the NBA. I can appreciate the effort, but he's the biggest flopper in the NBA. The guy is 260 pounds yet a small breeze sends him flying across the court onto his back. He probably taught Blake Griffin everything he knows.

Joe

Last edited:
OP
OP

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cp3 had been initiating a lot of contact and falling/flailing/flopping, what have you, and getting a lot of calls too.

Van gundy was right though about griffin being a baby when he gets hit. Was nice to actually see griffin not cry about every little call.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
yeah, but referees generally swallowed their whistles for the entirety of games 7. The worst part of it was listening to Jeff Van Gundy talk about how great it was that they were letting the players decide the outcome. I just wanted to reach through the TV and strangled his scrawny little neck. If they aren't calling obvious fouls and letting the teams wrestle each other up and down the court they are still affecting the outcome of the game. They are just making it more unbearable to watch along the way.

That said, even though I don't like the Clippers a small part of me would like to see the San Antonio Spurs, who now thrive on the open, free-flowing offensive game, get beaten because the referees won't call any fouls.

By the way, I have no sympathy for Reggie Evans. He is hands down my least favorite player in the NBA. I can appreciate the effort, but he's the biggest flopper in the NBA. The guy is 260 pounds yet a small breeze sends him flying across the court onto his back. He probably taught Blake Griffin everything he knows.

Joe

Yeah, a lot of hard fouls were never called. 2 fouls in one sequence:

ZBo swings at Griffin and Allen gets stripped so he tries to kick Butler in the cojones.

You must be registered for see images

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually do agree that the Grizzlies definitely got away with a lot yesterday, but Griffin/ZBo tango above should be a foul on both if anything. Don't you think Griffin deserves a foul for that elbow ...and there was definitely some acting in that exaggerated fall.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, a lot of hard fouls were never called. 2 fouls in one sequence:

ZBo swings at Griffin and Allen gets stripped so he tries to kick Butler in the cojones.

You must be registered for see images

Just good clean playoff basketball going right there...

That series was terrible. One of the ugliest series in recent memory, both by the teams and the officials. Guys are just killing eachother on plays, then 2 plays later they call touch fouls on the perimeter. And both teams played like garbage. The Grizz should have cruised but just kept folding late. The Clippers looked like trash for the majority of each game.

I hate the Spurs, and I do think they are vulnerable, but they are going to absolutely butcher the Clippers.