Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trying to start conflict where there is none? Oh the predictability.

Just to spell it out, this has nothing to do with you but you decide to throw needless jabs because ???? I know you're petty, wouldn't have predicted you to be that petty though. Guess I was wrong when I assumed you were better than that. I won't make that mistake again, it's cool.
Dude, you literally did the same thing our last conversation. I wasn't even talking to you but you decided to chime in, manipulate everything I said, make up stuff I didn't say. I thought YOU were better than that. That's why what you said was so full of IRONY.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Presenting without any comment:
You must be registered for see images attach

(ignore the highlighting, that just was where my cursor was when i screenshotted)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Presenting without any comment:
You must be registered for see images attach

(ignore the highlighting, that just was where my cursor was when i screenshotted)

Sure the overall winning percentage in the West this year is the 3rd highest it's been in the last 10 years while last year's was the LOWEST in a decade. Sure, the 53 win Nuggets (who were the worst record 1 seed in a decade) breezed through the "tough" West last year. Sure there's 5 teams on pace to get to 50 wins this season versus 2 last season. Sure, teams 6-10 all have better records than 6-10 did last season.

But despite, ALL of the FACTS above, the West was... somehow better last year... because the bottom of the conference wasn't quite as terrible as the bottom of the conference this year. It's always the bottom 2-4 teams that determine the strength of the conference guys... not the actual playoff teams.

I mean, I've seen bad arguments before, but this is one of the worst I can remember in a while, with demonstrably proven FACTS in evidence to rebut it at every turn.

Last edited:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sure the overall winning percentage in the West this year is the 3rd highest it's been in the last 10 years while last year's was the LOWEST in a decade. Sure, the 53 win Nuggets (who were the worst record 1 seed in a decade) breezed through the "tough" West last year. Sure there's 5 teams on pace to get to 50 wins this season versus 2 last season. Sure, teams 6-10 all have better records than 6-10 did last season.

But despite, ALL of the FACTS above, the West was... somehow better last year... because the bottom of the conference wasn't quite as terrible as the bottom of the conference this year. It's always the bottom 2-4 teams that determine the strength of the conference guys... not the actual playoff teams.

I mean, I've said bad arguments before, but this is one of the worst I can remember in a while, with demonstrably proven FACTS in evidence to rebut it.
If you have to start a sentence with, "But despite, ALL of the Facts above...." LOL! Just pulling your leg. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have to start a sentence with, "But despite, ALL of the Facts above...." LOL! Just pulling your leg. :)
LOL... Yuma, I think you must have missed the sarcasm inherent in using that phrase...

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Like you weren't standing up for your brother. There was zero reason to say what you did otherwise. It's comical how you two act like you don't mean to stand up for each other, it just so happens you both do it coincidentally whenever one of you start an argument.
I guess I’m not allowed to comment on a topic if my brother is and vice versa? This is ridiculous. I wasn’t standing up for him. I was weighing in with MY own opinion. I know you guys treat us as a single entity (which is stupid), but we are not. The brother thing is a lame excuse by some of you. If you didn’t know we were brothers what would be your excuse then?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Isn't that what brothers do? If I saw my brother in a fight in a bar, I would no doubt jump in! LOL! :)
In a bar, yes. On the suns board, no. I may agree with many of his comments - we see basketball similarly - but I don’t condone the manner in which he argues. So tired of people treating us as a single individual. It’s so stupid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
In a bar, yes. On the suns board, no. I may agree with many of his comments - we see basketball similarly - but I don’t condone the manner in which he argues. So tired of people treating us as a single individual. It’s so stupid.
You mean his real name isn't Cheese-Z-Clown?

You know, come to think of it, I never see you two post at the exact same time.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What is this debate even about?

Two things can be true at the same time.

The West is better than it was last year.

The Suns are worse than they were last year.

If you want to do deep statistical dives, both points are hard to disprove.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sometimes I wish Boston would have taken Josh Jackson instead..

Gosh I was so excited when he drop to us. I thought we were finally got a gift from the basketball gods..
He really was a physical specimen. You can debate his play, but the guy was uber talented physically. That can go a long way in tricking teams come draft time. The NBA has had lots of guys like him that have all the physical talent in the world, but never utilized it fully or at all.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD needs to be traded this offseason.

Failing to do that will only prolong the number of years this team has no shot at contention.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Oucheese obsession some of you have is comically bizarre.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Failing to do that will only prolong the number of years this team has no shot at contention.
The return will be ghastly, especially for what we gave up to get him.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
You're not going to get a return on KD that is going to improve the team. He is our leading scorer and he's been healthy.

The Suns are stuck. Add what you can, change the coach/system and roll it out one more season. Then blow it up.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I don't think you get enough return for him in a trade. Might as well ride or die at this point. Especially since all the eggs have already been broken to make this cake. Why throw it out now?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think you get enough return for him in a trade. Might as well ride or die at this point. Especially since all the eggs have already been broken to make this cake. Why throw it out now?

And they will never have this recipe again.