Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but who cares.

D. Lee should never see a second of playoff minutes because he is just not good enough. I can't believe how many here seem to forget Terrance Ross took all his minutes and that guy has not been in the league all year.

Terrance Ross retired this off-season. I believe he's taken up coaching. He got another gig quick though. I know he wasn't impactful here last season but I think he was capable of more than he provided but Monty didn't give him a fair opportunity. He had the misfortune of playing the position as Shamet, who ate up the majority of backup SG minutes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm sorry but who cares.

D. Lee should never see a second of playoff minutes because he is just not good enough. I can't believe how many here seem to forget Terrance Ross took all his minutes and that guy has not been in the league all year.
I care, that's a spot on the bench we could use for someone with real NBA skills.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still find it bizarre that people thought Okogie would do just as much if not more than Royce and that he would be a meaningless piece to get.
There was a time frame where Okogie was looking like he was going to be a lock down defender and a decent 3 point shooter. Then all of the sudden, game after game he kept passing up shots. The other teams starting identifying that and leaving him out there to sag down. Royce is just more of a brash personality. His mentality is if you leave me I am shooting.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Royce is also incredibly smart, and he does just about everything well enough. He is not the best defender, he is not the best shooter, he is not the best facilitator, but he is incredibly competent in every single category. He can bring the ball up the floor, he can make simple passes, he stays in front of his man, he helps on defense, he can knock down an open shot, he'll grab a rebound or a loose ball once in a while- he just doesn't have a glaring weakness.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Royce is also incredibly smart, and he does just about everything well enough. He is not the best defender, he is not the best shooter, he is not the best facilitator, but he is incredibly competent in every single category. He can bring the ball up the floor, he can make simple passes, he stays in front of his man, he helps on defense, he can knock down an open shot, he'll grab a rebound or a loose ball once in a while- he just doesn't have a glaring weakness.
Yup. Great Jack Of All Trades glue guy.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
The "it" might be Beal excelling at PG and limiting turnovers so booker and KD can do their thing.