Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
One of the stats the play by play people talked about in the last Houston game, is the Suns are NINTH in the league in blocked shots. I still can't wrap my head around that stat!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Idk if that’s a good thing. We’re still playing an outdated version of the game. We still don’t get buckets at the basket or shoot 3s everything is still hard. This was Bill Simmons argument against us years ago when CP3 was running the show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk if that’s a good thing. We’re still playing an outdated version of the game. We still don’t get buckets at the basket or shoot 3s everything is still hard. This was Bill Simmons argument against us years ago when CP3 was running the show.
Yup. Wearing that stat as some kind of badge of honor is a weird choice considering what… the last decade of NBA basketball favoring 3s and moving away from the mid game?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker's timeline to return is now 7 to 10 days. This might be the nail in the proverbial coffin.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only upside is how bad Memphis has been this season means we'll keep our own pick this year. They had the right to swap picks with us but I guess we could end up winning the lottery. Wouldn't that be the ultimate Arizona sports moment though?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only upside is how bad Memphis has been this season means we'll keep our own pick this year. They had the right to swap picks with us but I guess we could end up winning the lottery. Wouldn't that be the ultimate Arizona sports moment though?

This draft is really weak, at least in terms of top end talent. It might have some depth but there are no real standout prospects.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bronny here we come

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not going to get too worked up about the 15th man.

There are no players even close to being a difference maker out there for us.
Ish bring nothing to the table so why bother?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo was saying the Suns went to Ish after Milton chose the Knicks. So, sounds like they wanted Milton but couldn't get him.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Couldn't get Torrey Craig at the deadline so they got Diet Torrey Craig off the scrap heap.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Suns are waiving Theo Maledon to make room for Ish. Odd, I'd think they'd just convert Saban.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker's timeline to return is now 7 to 10 days. This might be the nail in the proverbial coffin.

I sure thought it would be worse than that.

You know I just don't buy it being the nail in the coffin - This team hasn't played well enough to beat a good team all year when healthy or not.

The injuries are just an excuse, this team isn't good enough. Yes a lot of that is IMO coaching, but that isn't going to change.