Budda requests trade

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
These are two guys that no one in the league wanted for anything other than peanuts.
You know this how? Assumption. There are 32 teams and 5 starters per team. Players will go places to start.
Those are not league average players.
Did watch a lot of Wilkinson the past few years? How do you know this? We know Daley sucked at LT last year, but that's common for most OL to suck at LT but be okay at other line positions.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You know this how? Assumption. There are 32 teams and 5 starters per team. Players will go places to start.

Did watch a lot of Wilkinson the past few years? How do you know this? We know Daley sucked at LT last year, but that's common for most OL to suck at LT but be okay at other line positions.
Because no one wanted to pay them anything more than the league minimum.

Did you watch a lot of Wilkinson the past few years? The one start he had with the Bears in 2021?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That doesn't mean that Wilkinson hasn't been a solid player in the past
Did you watch a lot of Wilkinson the past few years? The one start he had with the Bears in 2021?
He started seven games for the Falcons in 2022, so I'm a little curious why you would mention 2021...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He started nine games for the falcons in 2022, so I’m wondering how much YOU watched him while pointing the finger at others.
I'm not the one who is claiming he sucks.

I know you don't trust PFF but he had a 64 grade for his play last year which would have been better than most of the Cardinals starters last year. So there is at least that.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not the one who is claiming he sucks.

I know you don't trust PFF but he had a 64 grade for his play last year which would have been better than most of the Cardinals starters last year. So there is at least that.
Im not the one claiming he was good. The evidence that he sucks is that he sat in free agency for three weeks despite playing in nine games for the Falcons. The falcons, who played him for nine games, decided that an empty roster spot was more valuable.

Your counter-evidence is dubious PFF grades and “did you watch the tape?” When you clearly didn’t and won’t say it, weirdly.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

It’s called inference, krang. We all use the skill on a daily basis. If no one else wanted to sign these guys to a multi-year deal or for more than the peanut contracts we gave them it’s because they weren’t deemed valuable enough to do so. No offense to your scouting abilities, krang, i actually believe you have an above average ability to discern football play than most fans, but I’ll take the overwhelming league’s perspective on these players over your perspective on Wilkinson and/or hope for improvement with a position change on Daley. I hope the league is wrong, but it rarely is consistently.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That doesn't mean that Wilkinson hasn't been a solid player in the past

He started seven games for the Falcons in 2022, so I'm a little curious why you would mention 2021...
You did ask me about watching the past few years. That would include 2021.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It’s called inference, krang.
Or better yet...relying on idea that aren't proven to be true and acting like those ideas are fact.

At least I can counter that he had an ok 64 PFF rating.
We all use the skill on a daily basis.
Wow thank you for teaching me something I didn't know!
If no one else wanted to sign these guys to a multi-year deal or for more than the peanut contracts we gave them it’s because they weren’t deemed valuable enough to do so.
I remember when Kurt Warner limped on in and no one wanted him. Not comparing the situation at all, but what you are saying isn't conclusive at all.
No offense to your scouting abilities, krang, i actually believe you have an above average ability to discern football play than most fans, but I’ll take the overwhelming league’s perspective on these players over your perspective on Wilkinson and/or hope for improvement with a position change on Daley. I hope the league is wrong, but it rarely is consistently.
All he has to do is play average dude. Conner showed up two years ago on a nothing contract and was a Pro Bowler that year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im not the one claiming he was good. The evidence that he sucks is that he sat in free agency for three weeks despite playing in nine games for the Falcons. The falcons, who played him for nine games, decided that an empty roster spot was more valuable.
Flimsy.
Your counter-evidence is dubious PFF grades and “did you watch the tape?” When you clearly didn’t and won’t say it, weirdly.
I didn't watch the tape, but I have dug up SOME evidence of his play.

Your evidence is that he didn't sign for awhile.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Or better yet...relying on idea that aren't proven to be true and acting like those ideas are fact.

I remember when Kurt Warner limped on in and no one wanted him. Not comparing the situation at all, but what you are saying isn't conclusive at all.

All he has to do is play average dude. Conner showed up two years ago on a nothing contract and was a Pro Bowler that year.
He is the Falcons equivalent of Rashad Coward.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe that one game was one of the worst rated games by PFFfor a player ever. I remember that game.

Last year in his 9 games, he played 574 snap with 2 sacks given up and 5 penalties with a 64.3 PFF grade. That's the best of the bunch among gaurds on this team other than Hernandez. Hernandez played 13 games for 843 snaps with 3 penalties and 7 penalties for a 65.4 grade.

He was less healthy Will Hernandez last year, which is his ceiling and our starting LG, but it won't last long.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Digging in on the idea that Elijah Wilkinson, who has started 17 total games the past three seasons on some of the least potent offenses in the NFL, is at least a league-average starter is certainly a take.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

You literally used Warner as an example and then say you’re not comparing them. It’s not an example. Neither of these guys ever played at the level Warner previously exhibited. Nor had either played at the level Conner previously exhibited. You claim they are average - that’s actually a fairly high bar in the nfl. That would warrant an average contract. No one was willing to give them anywhere close to that. I’ll let this die, you can have the last word if you wish, but at present you’re only hoping they become average or better, because the ain’t been that to date in the league.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Digging in on the idea that Elijah Wilkinson, who has started 17 total games the past three seasons on some of the least potent offenses in the NFL, is at least a league-average starter is certainly a take.

Having sadly read this thread I don't recall @Krangodnzr saying he was a league average starter. He said "Wilkinson started at LG for the Falcons and played fairly well" but also questioned why the Falcons didn't resign him when they don't list a starting LG currently.

My impression was of him trying to say he's not the complete garbage some were making out, not that he's average. @Chopper0080 was right. He's Falcon's Rashaad Coward. But then I thought Coward played ok for us in pass pro in tough circumstances and was better than Cody Ford.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything more than depth piece from Wilkinson. If he makes the roster. I expect (with a sprinkling of hope) that Hayes will start at LG for us next year. He should. Unless we draft someone high.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Having sadly read this thread I don't recall @Krangodnzr saying he was a league average starter. He said "Wilkinson started at LG for the Falcons and played fairly well" but also questioned why the Falcons didn't resign him when they don't list a starting LG currently.

My impression was of him trying to say he's not the complete garbage some were making out, not that he's average. @Chopper0080 was right. He's Falcon's Rashaad Coward. But then I thought Coward played ok for us in pass pro in tough circumstances and was better than Cody Ford.

I don't think anyone is expecting anything more than depth piece from Wilkinson. If he makes the roster. I expect (with a sprinkling of hope) that Hayes will start at LG for us next year. He should. Unless we draft someone high.
Exactly. He's not a total trash player, but he's not going to be a great starter either.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You're just being pedantic now. It's obvious what he's saying yet you want to keep arguing over it.
I’m not. I’m reading that his comfortable with Wilkinson as a starting guard for the 2023 Arizona Cardinals. Is that true or not?

That range expresses he’s an NFL player. That’s not specific enough for this conversation, obviously. Available evidence outside of PFF grades is that he’s a fringe roster player

you’re saying that, but Krang is not.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You know, we might as well extend him. Trading him may be the straw that breaks the camel's back, and, hell, we're not using the cap space on anything meaningful this season anyway. Like, OMG, what will we do if we have to cut some of the special teams aces to make this work? Frontload the extension so the hit happens mostly this year and it'll look like savvy business soon enough. And we keep the heart of our defense.