Mavericks @ Suns Sunday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-15-2022 - Game 7

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The only coach who could fix Ayton is prime Pop.

This is starting to get silly. There's nothing to "fix" about Ayton. Does he need to be more assertive? Yes. But to act like he's broken is ridiculous. Dude played well this season and most of the playoffs, given he's never a focal point in the offense.

A more accurate statement is he needs to work on other facets of his game, namely boxing out and drawing contact inside. This can be done with coaching (Mark Bryant doesnt do it for me). This season showed that the abilities are in his bag, but he needs to put them all into use at once and not stagger them game to game.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’re in such a no win situation here.

I just can’t believe how this team fell apart. You can legit point to the moment to. They locked up the 1 and it was over.

We got so many questions now

I think Ayton is gone
I think Sarver is going to use this to not pay Cam Johnson
Paul has us bent over with his contract
Is Booker a star?

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is starting to get silly. There's nothing to "fix" about Ayton. Does he need to be more assertive? Yes. But to act like he's broken is ridiculous. Dude played well this season and most of the playoffs, given he's never a focal point in the offense.

A more accurate statement is he needs to work on other facets of his game, namely boxing out and drawing contact inside. This can be done with coaching (Mark Bryant doesnt do it for me). This season showed that the abilities are in his bag, but he needs to put them all into use at once and not stagger them game to game.
Ayton being assertive = offensive fouls and missed lay ups. Seen this movie

TJ

Reaction score
Ayton being assertive = offensive fouls and missed lay ups. Seen this movie
What's funny is Ayton was being as physical as people have wanted him to be, but each time, he'd get whistled and that was the end of it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta luck out like Kobe and get a Gasol somehow
Dude… we have our Gasol. The cold hard reality is Booker is the best Robin in the league, but he’s not a championship level Batman, Ala Kobe.

Actually what I thought of more than anything tonight was the 1992 Suns. Like Cotton said, this team needs a Charles Barkley.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just can’t believe how this team fell apart. You can legit point to the moment to. They locked up the 1 and it was over.

I think Ayton is gone
Is Booker a star?

I would think the NBA invesigation should be completed soon.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you bringing back McGee and Biz? I don’t see anything special in Holmes he’s a good role player though

Holmes can start. McGee and Biz are not starters.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think Ayton is gone
Is Booker a star?
Booker is a star. He’s just not a championship level #1. He’s probably best as the best Robin in the league, but we need a Batman. That was CP3 when healthy but dude is just never healthy down the stretch.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dude… we have our Gasol. The cold hard reality is Booker is the best Robin in the league, but he’s not a championship level Batman, Ala Kobe.

Actually what I thought of more than anything tonight was the 1992 Suns. Like Cotton said, this team needs a Charles Barkley.

Yeah Ayton getting a lot of the same stuff but in my opinion this was Booker’s game all the way

This was his show me your a star game and he flamed out like I’ve never seen.

TJ

Reaction score
We would've one the whole thing had we kept Frank Kaminsky!!

:thewave:

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What would you give up for Lillard?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We all know that I am the biggest Booker fan on this board and the failures tonight start there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson