Lakers @ Suns Tuesday Playoff game thread 5-25-2021 - Game #2

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Call me a debbie downer but I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game. LA is going to come out guns blazing and Phoenix will have to play damn near perfect to weather the storm and get that W.

I don't really feel great either.

I feel like the Lakers played their worst possible game in game 1, now are going to come back with a vengence.

Suns will need to hit their 3's tonight to have a chance I think.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Suns 107 Lakers 86

AD goes out in the second after stepping on his own eyebrow

DA drops 26 and 13 with 6 blocks

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta win game 2. Winning game 1 is better than losing it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't really feel great either.

I feel like the Lakers played their worst possible game in game 1, now are going to come back with a vengence.

Suns will need to hit their 3's tonight to have a chance I think.

I’m a little leery of tonight, but I’ve been leery of the entire series.

that said, I agree the Lakers come out with a vengeance tonight. Cant be prisoner to Game 1 of playoff series. The Lakers have had an emotional run the last part of the season between jockeying for position and the play in game and really didn’t look good. We were a BIG reason why they didn’t look good, but LeBron only took 13 shots. Same as AD I think.

they’re the defending champs. They’ve been in this position twice last year and swept the next four. Gotta come out focused.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I’m a little leery of tonight, but I’ve been leery of the entire series.

that said, I agree the Lakers come out with a vengeance tonight. Cant be prisoner to Game 1 of playoff series. The Lakers have had an emotional run the last part of the season between jockeying for position and the play in game and really didn’t look good. We were a BIG reason why they didn’t look good, but LeBron only took 13 shots. Same as AD I think.

they’re the defending champs. They’ve been in this position twice last year and swept the next four. Gotta come out focused.
AD went 5-16. I suspect AD will be more efficient and LeBron more aggressive tonight.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Its ok. We want them to be emotional. We want AD to come out like a madman. We need LessBron driving to the rim.
Make them work those Ankles and Achilles.
We need to BANG. Get Dario and Frank some time. If they want to go to the free throw line lets send them there with real bruises. Refs are gonna call them on us all night anyway might as well get our moneys worth. No flagrant BS just good HARD fouls. Give Craig more mins he's got a good eye for when to use fouls.

This is the playoffs it time to sweep the leg.

We haven't lost 3 or 4 games in a row all year, those days are over for the Lakers.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm going bold and predicting a suns blow out. Despite cp3 being injured, AD and Lebron are supposedly injured as well, if thats true then i dont expect them to just turn it on like they usually do after only 1 day off. They played heavy minutes and are still in the suns arena. Officiating has got to be better for us as well considering they review the games afterwards.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm going bold and predicting a suns blow out. Despite cp3 being injured, AD and Lebron are supposedly injured as well, if thats true then i dont expect them to just turn it on like they usually do after only 1 day off. They played heavy minutes and are still in the suns arena. Officiating has got to be better for us as well considering they review the games afterwards.
I like the enthusiasm, but your last sentence is wishful thinking.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the enthusiasm, but your last sentence is wishful thinking.

I know that, the Lakers are going to force the refs to make calls. Flops and all. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another scuffle.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but this is not the same Lebron. He does not even appear to be capable of driving around anybody right now with the condition of his ankle. At least I am hoping that is still the case.

Lebron can kill you in a number of ways. Until we prove he is no longer that 8-1 guy after a playoff loss....he is that guy.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LeBron is the one lucky guy, last year he played some banged up teams. Now cp3 has the arm issue.

But we are a deep team, and if true, they're the team thats hobbled. If he thinks he can turn it on, we have defenders we can use on him and AD.

I know they'll come out hard, its just maintaining our poise and keep DA out of foul trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LeBron is the one lucky guy, last year he played some banged up teams. Now cp3 has the arm issue.

But we are a deep team, and if true, they're the team thats hobbled. If he thinks he can turn it on, we have defenders we can use on him and AD.

I know they'll come out hard, its just maintaining our poise and keep DA out of foul trouble.

I've always thought Ayton is the key that unlocks the door for the Suns. As you say, he needs to stay out of foul trouble. Tonight I think we see the Lakers make a concerted effort to attack the Suns inside. He will need help from the wings.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I've always thought Ayton is the key that unlocks the door for the Suns. As you say, he needs to stay out of foul trouble. Tonight I think we see the Lakers make a concerted effort to attack the Suns inside. He will need help from the wings.

We really need Jae to have one of his hot shooting games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally, while it's hard to call a player too competitive, it seems like Paul may have become just that during the ACC slate this past season. He developed a reputation as a guy who is willing to throw a cheap shot, even before the incident in the last game of the regular season where he punched Juilus Hodge below the belt. - Source:http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/chris-paul-14/ ©DraftExpress

It’s definitely in his DNA

I remember the anger, it's the sneaky/dirty stuff that really turned me against him. I don't have a problem with a player getting pissed and retaliating/escalating like he did against Hodge. Well, actually I do have a problem with it, but I understand it. He still does some of the stuff I don't like today, just not to the degree he was doing it in LA IMO.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we win this game tonight, we’ll win the championship. Heard it here first folks :)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think that's exactly the wrong idea. Ayton is still too limited offensively to be a go-to threat. It makes the defense's job easy and leads to turnovers and bad shots.
The alternative is to let Ayton become Davis’ punching bag.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Call me a debbie downer but I don't have a good feeling about tonight's game. LA is going to come out guns blazing and Phoenix will have to play damn near perfect to weather the storm and get that W.
I think this is what we pay Paul the big bucks for. Steady the young guys through that storm.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I think this is what we pay Paul the big bucks for. Steady the young guys through that storm.
That's part of my worry. I don't think we know how CP3 is going to be affected by that injury. The fact that he's not in the injury report list is probably comforting to some extent, but being able to play and being able to play like CP3 has all year is 2 different things.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That's part of my worry. I don't think we know how CP3 is going to be affected by that injury. The fact that he's not in the injury report list is probably comforting to some extent, but being able to play and being able to play like CP3 has all year is 2 different things.
I’m definitely concerned about his ability to play at a high level, but that’s not what I was talking about . . . even when he reentered the game he was able to keep the youngsters on an even keel. That’s a very important role of his.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Biggest game in 10 years.

lol.. I think we're going to be saying this a lot the next two months. hopefully!

but yeah. I've got mini butterflies starting to stir in my stomach.

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Could be a blessing in disguise as well. Injured dude out there giving it his all distributing the ball to his best abilities will maybe amp up the other guys around him to elevate their games. Just a little head psyche that can give us another needed edge for a game like tonight.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson