Super Bowl LV Chiefs vs Buccaneers gameday thread 2-7-21

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone writing off the Bucs coming back and getting an 8th for TB?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hell no. Could easily see them winning again. That team was like put together like the island of the misfit, yet most talented, toys, with zero off-season, didn’t even get their stuff together until after Week 12. Give them an actual off-season and they could be dominant next year, depending on if they have any potential big FA losses?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Tom Brady’s Super Bowl records

Tom Brady already owned a slew of Super Bowl records, and he set even more in Super Bowl LV, when he won for the first time with the Buccaneers. Here’s a list of all of Brady’s Super Bowl records:

Games played: Super Bowl LV was Brady’s 10th Super Bowl, by far the most in NFL history. Two other players have played in six Super Bowls, former Bills and Broncos defensive lineman Mike Lodish, and Brady’s old teammate Stephen Gostkowski. John Elway is the only quarterback other than Brady to play in even five Super Bowls.

Games won: Brady has now won seven Super Bowls. Former 49ers and Cowboys linebacker Charles Haley is the only other player with five Super Bowl rings.

Super Bowl MVPs: Brady won his fifth MVP at Super Bowl LV. No one else even has four, and the only other player with three Super Bowl MVPs is Joe Montana. Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw and Eli Manning each won two Super Bowl MVPs, and no one else has more than one.

Oldest player in a Super Bowl: At age 43, Brady became the oldest player ever to play in a Super Bowl at Super Bowl LV. The previous oldest was Colts kicker Matt Stover, who had just turned 42 when he played in Super Bowl XLIV.

Pass attempts: Brady has thrown 421 passes in Super Bowls. Peyton Manning has thrown the second-most, with 155.

Pass attempts in one game: Brady threw a Super Bowl-record 62 passes in the Patriots’ overtime win over the Falcons in Super Bowl LI.

Completions: Brady has completed 277 passes in Super Bowls. Peyton Manning has the next most, with 103 completions.

Completions in one game: Brady has the record with 43 completions against the Falcons. He also has the second-most completions in any Super Bowl, with 37 against the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLIX.

Consecutive completions: Brady completed 16 straight passes against the Giants in Super Bowl XLVI, a Super Bowl record.

Passing yards: Brady has thrown for 3,039 yards in Super Bowls, by far the most ever. Kurt Warner has thrown for the second-most yards in Super Bowls, with 1,156.

Yards gained in one game: Brady owns the single-game record with 505 passing yards in Super Bowl LII against the Eagles. He also has the second-most in a game, throwing for 466 yards in Super Bowl LI against the Falcons.

Touchdown passes: Brady owns the record with 21 touchdown passes in Super Bowls. Joe Montana is next, with 11.

Most attempts without an interception: Brady threw 48 passes against both the Giants in Super Bowl XLII and the Eagles in Super Bowl LII without an interception. That’s the most passes without an interception in Super Bowl history.
Records are made to broken. And it seems even records that people thought would never be broken eventually get broken. But I truly believe that Brady’s super bowl aggregate records will never be broken. I have a difficult time seeing any QB ever making it to 10 Super Bowls again. The facts have to align perfectly with teams and coaches and the state of the league around them.

I know every generation has their greats, but I feel honored that I got to watch Brady and Michael Jordan for their entire careers. I may not have liked them, but I sure do respect what they did.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not me. Predicted they would win this one big and they did. Love that Todd Bowles' defense. Could totally see them going for another.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The defense win against the saint, Green Bay and the chiefs! TB12 did nothing special in any of the games...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The defense win against the saint, Green Bay and the chiefs! TB12 did nothing special in any of the games...

he played one of the best halfs of football of all time in the Chiefs games and played very well in the first half of the GB including that killer 45 yard TD with 1 second left as a dagger to Green Bay, staking the team to big leads where the D could pin their ears back and attack in the second half.

You can't really tell me that 18-20, 170 yards, 3 TDs and 0 interceptions in the first half of the Super Bowl didn't set the tone. He was en fuego when the game was still in doubt.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Congrats to the Bucs! *sigh* I had to actually wear a Bucs Shirt in support of my wife who is a TB fan. It was horrible, but she did it for me back in our year so I had to show love. As soon as I woke up from my drunken stupor, I took that damn thing right off. ;)

Too bad she now has two Super Bowl wins since we've been married, and all I have is a loss and disappointment to go with our 20 years of wedded bliss.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I want to know. After changing teams, having no training camp or OTA’s, going out and throwing 4600 yards, 40 TDs and 12 picks and then throwing for another 1100 yards 10 TDs and 3 picks, winning three road games and a Super Bowl championship, are people still going to claim Brady is just a “system” QB?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s what I want to know. After changing teams, having no training camp or OTA’s, going out and throwing 4600 yards, 40 TDs and 12 picks and then throwing for another 1100 yards 10 TDs and 3 picks, winning three road games and a Super Bowl championship, are people still going to claim Brady is just a “system” QB?

Nashman sure will.. lol

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he played one of the best halfs of football of all time in the Chiefs games and played very well in the first half of the GB including that killer 45 yard TD with 1 second left as a dagger to Green Bay, staking the team to big leads where the D could pin their ears back and attack in the second half.

You can't really tell me that 18-20, 170 yards, 3 TDs and 0 interceptions in the first half of the Super Bowl didn't set the tone. He was en fuego when the game was still in doubt.

lol if the refs give you first and goal from the one after two ridiculous penalty’s and you throw 3 yard passes all night, not really that impressive but hey to each his own. Fact is the Bucs defense carried and won them the Super Bowl TB12 had mediocre games in all 3 and some sketchy officiating as well. The NFL got what they wanted all along. They act like Brady made that team instant contender, when in fact they added much to that team shoot all the TDs were scored by players not even on the team the year before not to mention defensive additions made. TB spent a ton of money and went for it and got it congrats but for Brady to be MVP is a flat out joke to me. poo Gronk was more deserving than TB12, the Cheifs got screwed a few times anyone with eyes could see that! The honey badger int they took back huge momentum shift, the bs pass int calls but only against the Cheifs yet the bucs grabbed and played aggressively all game with no PI calls give me a break!