Preseason: Lakers @ Suns Friday game thread 12-18-20

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Smith needs to get his confidence back but the Lakers are a tough team to do it against.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smith got a blocked shot and almost a second. Suns trail 114-113.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Overall we are getting better. Can Johnson did well for his first game back.

Carter and Payne played good.
Crowder is a pro, playing like he’s been with the team a few seasons.
Booker is amp for the season, can Ayton be ready to go as well.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns will need to practice and get ready to face Dallas in the season opener at home on December 23rd.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Motley shouldn’t be in the nba.

the rook shouldn’t see the floor for a long time.

the final play of the game was not designed in an inspiring manner.

we do not defend the 3 well.

Payne has to know his role. He gets into hero ball if he hits a couple and it destroys offensive flow.

book is a stud.

Nice to see cam knocking down shots.

bridges still has so far to go to be a good offensive player. A looooong way to go.

Ayton might be the biggest wuss that’s ever put on a suns uniform. ZERO free throws in 3 of 4 games. He has no ability to establish position, still can’t seal his defender, allows an old unathletic gasol to dictate the game to him, and frankly looks like he’s regressed as a rim protector. I told myself I wasn’t going to criticize him through preseason, but his lackluster play just begs for criticism.

AzCards777

Rookie
Reaction score
Good game. Suns showed some toughness, shots just stopped falling at the end. With that being said Suns are shooting way too many 3's.

Its one thing if its coming out of the flow of the offense, but a lot of them were not.
If i am Ayton im pissed! U have Carter and Gallaway chucking 3's at will and Ayton on the block waiting for a touch. If this team wants to get anywhere they have to get the big fella more touches on the block.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good game. Suns showed some toughness, shots just stopped falling at the end. With that being said Suns are shooting way too many 3's.

Its one thing if its coming out of the flow of the offense, but a lot of them were not.
If i am Ayton im pissed! U have Carter and Gallaway chucking 3's at will and Ayton on the block waiting for a touch. If this team wants to get anywhere they have to get the big fella more touches on the block.
If I’m Ayton I stop passing the ball from the paint to outside shooters for worse shots before I get pissed. Three straight times he had the ball in the paint against physically inferior players and he passed it out. The dude is just a big wuss. It’s as simple as that. You guys are going to hate me this season if preseason Ayton is what we are going to get because he’s clearly regressing in terms of aggression and rim protection.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns two preseason opponents, Lakers go 4-0 and Jazz go 3-0 in preseason. They might be the best two teams in the Western Conference. The Suns finish preseason at 0-4. At least they played two excellent teams to prepare for the regular season.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some after game notes.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Bridges hitting the floor hard.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moore didn't play because Monty wanted to get a closer look at other players.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal Bridges says he is okay but will try to rest up as he is a bit uncomfortable after fall.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like what I have seen of Ty-Shon Alexander as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For Bridges to still have pretty much zero handles in his third year, at the age of 25 is pretty disappointing.

Booker is an absolute stud.

Ayton... the less said, the better for me and the board probably. Another game where he has 6 points and 3 boards in the first quarter and 6 points and 3 boards for the next THREE. It’s the same pattern going into his third season. So much for the less said.

I really fear this team could struggle simply because there aren’t enough shot creators. There’s literally only 2. That’s not good team construction. Lack of size could be a big problem also. I mean... this team is going to small and... slow. I think if they had a Tim Duncan type anchoring the middle that would be okay. But they don’t have anything near that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For Bridges to still have pretty much zero handles in his third year, at the age of 25 is pretty disappointing.

Booker is an absolute stud.

Ayton... the less said, the better for me and the board probably. Another game where he has 6 points and 3 boards in the first quarter and 6 points and 3 boards for the next THREE. It’s the same pattern going into his third season. So much for the less said.

I really fear this team could struggle simply because there aren’t enough shot creators. There’s literally only 2. That’s not good team construction. Lack of size could be a big problem also. I mean... this team is going to small and... slow. I think if they had a Tim Duncan type anchoring the middle that would be okay. But they don’t have anything near that.

If Bridges had handles he would be a superstar. I am pretty happy with the player he is rounding out to be. If we make the playoffs and start getting some recognition nationally, I expect him to be on an all-defensive team, he's also coming along as a shooter. Getting a premiere 3 and D player with the 10th pick is a pretty good return.

Also, to nitpick, he's 24, he won't turn 25 at any point this season.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm ready for the season Suns should do well. AD is not going to hit the three like that many games but the dam Lakers probably win it all again.

Hope Bridges is OK and really want to see Saric and Paul play