Free Agency 2020

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
He was in and out of the rotation for the Hawks last year. Not a great sign, especially given the injuries the Hawks had up front.
He's coming in to be deep bench depth in all likelihood. Probably a sign that Baynes won't be coming back though.

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is a Diallo replacement. No big deal. Diallo wouldn't have gotten much burn last season if it wasn't for Ayton's suspension.

Yeah. Doesn't offer much more than size and athleticism, but he provides those for sure.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would rather have seen PHX go for Nerlens Noel than Jones. I get why Whiteside would not be an option as he is probably looking to start somewhere, rumor is SAC is interested.

I think Jones is a warm body in case something of like an injury to Smith who I think will be the main back up to Ayton and Saric. Which is smart, he was taken #10 so you might as well develop him early and groom him as starting PFOTNF (Power Forward of the Near Future).

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would rather have seen PHX go for Nerlens Noel than Jones. I get why Whiteside would not be an option as he is probably looking to start somewhere, rumor is SAC is interested.

I think Jones is a warm body in case something of like an injury to Smith who I think will be the main back up to Ayton and Saric. Which is smart, he was taken #10 so you might as well develop him early and groom him as starting PFOTNF (Power Forward of the Near Future).

I liked the Noel signing too, I think he got 5M?

He’d go good along with Saric off the bench. Athletic. Long. Shot blocker in short minutes.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Harry Giles signs with Portland.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Man he’s only 22. I fell like giles has been around for eons. Maybe bc he was so hyped going into his frosh season at duke and never panned out due to injuries.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Will be curious if we use the BLE this offseason or save it for next year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Will be curious if we use the BLE this offseason or save it for next year.

As it should be. We need to use either the BAE or a Baynes sign and trade this year to get a back-up scoring guard/wing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was in and out of the rotation for the Hawks last year. Not a great sign, especially given the injuries the Hawks had up front.

The Hawks loaded up on quality big men which made him expendable. Still he is a solid backup center for the Suns.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gambo running cover for Sarver saying they will save BAE for next year lmao

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bertans did good. Too rich a contract for the Suns.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo running cover for Sarver saying they will save BAE for next year lmao

I wouldn't use it unless it would secure us an important rotation player. Teams that struggle out of the gate sometimes waive older vets so they can go to a contender. Having the BAE could be used then or next off-season.

Anybody who thinks or expects Sarver to go into the luxury tax before the season is out of their mind. The luxury tax is only worth paying if you have a contending team. That remains to be seen of the Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson