We are not contenders....yet

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
A pass-rush weakness is bigger than most other weaknesses
I am hoping that Vance watches tape from tonight and finally realizes that Isaiah Simmons must be unleashed like the Kracken.

that dude could completely change our pass rush. He looks like DK Metcalf on defense.

also, we will be getting a lot of our players back from injury and that will make a huge difference with the pass rush and keeping players fresh.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Yep but just like everything else in today’s world, people just want to bitch & moan & bitch & moan like 2 year olds.

This board has clearly gone down the tubes where most critic every single play, every second of each game & every player negatively. Imo it’s really sad

Hang tight Bucky. I think if you looked at it closely you would see that those posts are from only a few posters that post a lot. There are still a lot of reasonable people on this board

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yep but just like everything else in today’s world, people just want to bitch & moan & bitch & moan like 2 year olds.

This board has clearly gone down the tubes where most critic every single play, every second of each game & every player negatively. Imo it’s really sad
that's social media as a whole in the year 2020. it's frankly exhausting.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
we didn't get a great angle of it, but it looked like the receivers were all on go routes. there were no slants or easy throws available. why in the world would the play call be deep routes on 4th and 10 with the game on the line, and a timeout remaining.
If he steps up he maybe has Hopkins underneath. However I'll say it again...we used zero timeouts to actually stop the clock on offense. Mismanagement of timeouts hurt our chance to continue to run the football/set up play action as well.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Not sure Im doing game threads for a while..lol.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why do some of you guys believe we have the talent to win a Super Bowl?

With what pass rush....? We aren’t going far without one

We have the talent to make the playoffs, but it stops there
Simply put

Because if we play clean we can out score any team in the nfl

that’s it.... we have a punchers chance

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I always felt that 2021 was the year this team would make their run. It takes time but they are definitely headed in the right direction.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
First two hours of posts after a loss should be inadmissible!

The strong reaction probably shows how much our own expectations have ratcheted up. This loss and general performance hurt more so than previous losses perhaps.

I wonder how they feel about the game internally? One they blew that will cost us big time? Or just a sign that we're still not a seasoned unit yet, not capable of week-in-week-out consistency?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe we are pretenders at this point

Next week may change us to contenders again

Didn't expect much from this team before the season started

But to lose games with mistakes and errors that could be prevented frustrates us all

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Why do some of you guys believe we have the talent to win a Super Bowl?

With what pass rush....? We aren’t going far without one

We have the talent to make the playoffs, but it stops there

because this year is a completely anomaly. The chiefs defense last year was nothing to write home about, and they won a championship. Lots of teams have holes; we are hardly the only ones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
because this year is a completely anomaly. The chiefs defense last year was nothing to write home about, and they won a championship. Lots of teams have holes; we are hardly the only ones.
Chiefs also had a pass rush consisting of Chris Jones(Top 3 DL), Frank Clark(Top 20 EDGE), & Alex Okafor(decent complimentary piece).

We have nothing close to that, especially with Chandler out.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All in all, with how the division is & CB being a need before even going into the season, I had us going 9-7 before the season started. The fact we might surpass that + without a pass rush is a good feeling.

I know everybody wants to win ASAP & all that, but we’re still a year away. Nothing wrong with that. Keep it steady guys.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seattle was like an injured animal backed into a corner. They lost 3 of the last four and their team was being questioned. They fought back with everything they had and we still could have won. We were shorthanded on D and the refs didn't do us any favors. Yes, sweeping them would been awesome. We have made a huge jump from 2 years ago and we don't have all the pieces yet. Hopefully Kyler's shoulder is just sore and not truly injured. We may not be a contender today, but we are trending that way.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think we just scrape into the playoffs but I only see 3 wins tops in the future. Pats, Giants and Eagles.

I don't think 8-8 will get in so we need 3 wins.

I hope we have some of our D line back for the Pats or it's going to be tough to stop them running.

I suppose 9-7 is very good and all of us would have taken it pre season. Especially if we were told we would do it without Chandler.

What's frustrating is that losing Chandler hasn't been the issue. We can all see the potential for greatness, certainly to be much better right now, if we got out of our own way.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Perhaps, but Kyler has to learn to adapt. He looked completely lost out there with his decision making. Getting sacked on that last 4th down with time to throw is something I’d expect from a Mitch Tribusky-caliber QB. If Kyler is to progress and be a legit MVP candidate, he has to be more alert

I agree on the last play of the game. But Kyler was the least of my worries in this game. A 102 qb rating and zero turnovers from a guy playing hurt.