What we are in for….

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
its funny how perceptions (at least mine) would be different had they retained one of Allen or Murphy and signed a decent vet starting center in FA (like a Ethan Pocic)

i wouldnt be expecting playoffs, but ......... something.

This offseason has screamed "reset"-- but i would have expected to move on from Ertz and/or Connor if that was 100% the case. Maybe Monti is holding on to them for a deadline trade in-season

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
its funny how perceptions (at least mine) would be different had they retained one of Allen or Murphy and signed a decent vet starting center in FA (like a Ethan Pocic)

This offseason has screamed "reset"-- but i would have expected to move on from Ertz and/or Connor if that was 100% the case. Maybe Monti is holding on to them for a deadline trade in-season
He's probably holding onto them to not look like an obvious tank and get a penalty from the league. The defense should be bad enough to allow the offense to look competitive and still lose games.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

This. Or imagine keeping Murphy and Allen, fixing the center position, getting a long term FA or two on top of that, then nailing the draft? We still wouldn't be great this season by any stretch, but man, I'd have a lot more hope for 2024. As it is, it's looking like 2024 will be a non-compete year as well, which is simple, unforgivable stupidity and short-sightedness, IMO.